Conflict Rules Update - Non-War CDs

GodEmperorFlam

Conflict Rules Update

Uyv61SJ.png

Spoiler

Hello folks, we’re here to give an update on the new conflict rules. It’s hard to gauge the flaws in a system without trying it out, and now that a bit of time has passed, we’ve noticed a few kinks within the conflict rules. As such, we are actively working to fix things.

Currently, the lack of non-war raid cooldown has hurt a few communities. We wish to extend an apology to the affected groups. The current conflict rules revolve around good spirit, but this is hard when groups are able to hit cities outside of war, which is when the good spirit terms are set up. We do not wish to stifle roleplay either, but we are stepping in to prevent further harm from occurring within the community.

For the next 2-4 weeks or so, there will be 2 day cooldowns for non-war raids of 3 players (if you’ve been raided you should put up a /modreq to receive the CD, this method is subject to change). During this time, we will be working with moderation to create a guide on what constitutes as poor rp, as some people believe with the conflict rules you are able to do things like camp roads for hours or throw daily raids at cities that provide no rp of substance. This was not our intent and does not foster a good environment when both sides are not on board for the conflict. War raids that have been coordinated between the leadership of the two sides are not affected by this cooldown, as the conflict was agreed upon and coordinated appropriately.

And to the leadership behind the groups that are throwing 3-man parties in quick succession at others I just want to give a heads up. Please keep in mind how your style of conflict doesn’t give the opponent time to breathe and consider putting a brake on things. If this continues without change, folks will be held accountable through CBs and other punishments.

At the end of the day we do not wish to restrict roleplay, but it is difficult when we see how certain groups do not factor in the feelings of those they are attacking. The aggressor should be factoring in the enjoyment of their opponents. Is the villainy you are providing fun? Roleplay is a collaborative effort, so please remember that when partaking in conflict.

An announcement will be made in the future when the new guidelines are done, so stay tuned for that.

what about 2 mans bro

still pretty sleepy to slap a 2d cooldown but waa cant anger the elves too much

2 minutes ago, Destroyer_Bravo said:

what about 2 mans bro

2 mans are fine, even prior to the current rules we were lax on 2 man raids. That being said if 2 man parties are being thrown at a place repeatedly don’t be surprised if we crack down on that, since it’d still be targeting (again, assuming it’s repeatedly)

So, conflict rules be damned then? Or are they being altered as well?

On another tangent entirely, the victim needs to consider their position in the world, their general outlook in regards to how the other nations RP and how their OOC attitude effects the fun of those on the other side. By being OOCly petty, declaring yourself IRPly superior and generally looking down upon your opponents, you’re murdering any potential opportunity for the conflict to be interesting and the defenders should be punished for this sort of behavior.

Good. The idea of people being able to consistently raid was always abusable. That being said, I feel like CDs stifle roleplay and I think there should be some viable form set up where if three dark mages go to a city to assassinate a leader, they can’t just be told “no were actually on cd” after they attack the leader or something along those lines.

I am glad a CD is being implemented, if temporarily. Although, it is funny that it only comes after staff nation gets in trouble. o7

What is this? Telanirs post for conflict is about self moderation without staff intervention. This is staff moderation? 

16 minutes ago, Johnny_Fat said:

Ves attacked repeatedly without CD for a week, Admin threatens to ban both sides

Llyria gets raided for less than 3 hours, Admin impliments CDs

Hrm ?

Admin threatens to ban those who had been naughty, both sides included, if the two sides can’t sort out some conflict rules.

Admin implements temporary CDs due to one side being naughty to the other, despite the ongoing war chat. 

Let’s not play a game of ignore the context. CDs can still be overruled if both sides agree. The issue is with the lax rules as they were, people will, and have, taken advantage.

6 minutes ago, func_Soap said:

Admin threatens to ban those who had been naughty, both sides included, if the two sides can’t sort out some conflict rules.

Admin implements temporary CDs due to one side being naughty to the other, despite the ongoing war chat. 

Let’s not play a game of ignore the context. CDs can still be overruled if both sides agree. The issue is with the lax rules as they were, people will, and have, taken advantage.

Huh? It's like the old rules existed for a reason?

27 minutes ago, func_Soap said:

u werent a gm when that happened bro hes talking abt a whole war ago when the gms wouldnt give trende a timeout ban for going to ves twice a day and screaming at their gates

i suggested we make a rule preventing this

idrc if it went thru, dont think it did tho

this is like that, but the defending party has prepared literally no static defenses so they’re getting uberfucked due to unreadiness.

damn they reacted fast to protect llyria, i guess its not shocking considering the nl is an ex and soon to be new admin though. staff being ?  Telanir was probably too ashamed to make modifications on his own rules he asked flamb to do it lol

alright with all due respect but if 3 men attacking your nation constantly is a problem then you should not be a nation. either fix your guard force or give up the mantle bc you clearly do not have what it takes. 3 guys man!

1 hour ago, Haseroth said:

is an ex and soon to be new admin

You know something I don't? Cause I'm good bro, rather not. 

1 hour ago, Raomir said:

alright with all due respect but if 3 men attacking your nation constantly is a problem then you should not be a nation. either fix your guard force or give up the mantle bc you clearly do not have what it takes. 3 guys man!

Basically this.

If three men cause such a ruckess to your nation, is it even worth being a nation? You can argue “waah we’re a ******* RP nation!” but ****, anybody who loses a national raid to three people doesn’t deserve to be a nation pvper or not IMHO. 

Oh boy, I love myself some staff intervention just like when the wood elves pk’ed the Rex and complained so much on the forums we had to stop banditing their roads during raid cooldown to protect the playerbase the staff was apart of!