[✗] [Magic Lore] 'The Gift' of Malleus

rukio

Just now, Luv said:

hmmm... i don’t like the idea permanent severance for ANYTHING. necromancy, mysticism, void magic, holy magic etc. that is absolutely ridiculous and i honestly don’t trust the community of people i feel would have this as far as i can throw myself off a bridge to have such an ability. this seems like poorly done discount fi.

support fi.

I have to agree, I’m not a fan of that idea. People could use it to target players and lord their magic over them, not to mention not all mages have large groups to assist them with getting the phylactery back. No one wants to go through six months of roleplay, not including the roleplay required to get the magic just to lose it to people who dislike them or the magic in gernal.

3 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Chad severing

Legit. However, from what I read this magic really just has a niche target, mages. That's fine and all, but I believe that can limit interaction with the lore (really only fighting mages). It might be better to add abilities that don't just effect mages, though in the end it's really up to you

Excellent. Ties in to human lore (As well as this convoluted deity system can compensate, anyways.) and provides a decent counter for the ever-irritating “Roleplay Mage Card.”

I love the details and would be very interested in seeing this integrated, with a few small changes.

A few more spells for lower tiers. I know this is specifically an anti-magic, and there isn’t much room to work with, but it does seem limiting to function and also roleplay to have one spell you can cast.

The severing ritual, which I am fully aware is not permanent, needs to be reduced on both sides. Its difficulty to cast seems agonizing to arrange, and an indefinite (It isn’t permanent, you weebs) sever seems extreme. Maybe if the group of casters was smaller, and the sever was on a time limit until the phylactery item destroys itself?

Otherwise, no complaints. Looks good.

I’m not a fan of “permanent” severing omg!11!!!

When in reality it’s not permanent but semi-permanent and is reversed the moment the item is destroyed. Could literally just suggest to make it temporary and last two or three weeks until the item is destroyed but nope, let’s start shitposting on poor old Narthok and friends because “muh magic RP”. 

Wow! This is real good stuff. Perfectly balanced!! Would love to see this in the game. +1

The sever spell could actually lead into some interesting rp of getting the magic back or trying to stop it. Its just making sure that the person can get the magic if any of the enchanters happen to dip from the server. But that being said it definitely needs some more work, im not seeing enough anti-undead stuff in there :^) +1

There’s more that needs to be done, but it’s a real decent start. Severing is fine since it’s not permanent. People might be pissed that their magic is being stifled and that players are given that much power over other mages, which can still be worked out, but at least it’s creating RP and not just killing mages. It’s a challenge. It would be wise to add some things that can be done to non-mages.

Ttw you see a magic made to directly counter other magics

When flam has a thing about magics made to directly counter other magics

One of Flam’s newer points, albeit he has said something to this prior in other announcements n stuff

Spoiler

The sky is the ******* limit when it comes to lore and if you think outside of the box you can come up with so much cool ****, but people want to create big superweapons to give themselves an edge in conflict and add to the mess that is combat RP while also building up the arms race mentality/play to win aspect of the server. This is not the direction we are going to be taking lore in. Constant conflict in lore only leads to problems down the lines, while there are a plethora of things you can do outside of conflict at any point in time. Combat magics/lore will still be a thing, but we (administration) are going to push lore in a non-combative direction.

Severance example:

Once you get the magic teach 2 other dudes, go around dicking mages and taking their **** and running, easy to do, quick to do and boom you’ve just fucked some mages that you don’t like

I see that spell as nothing other than a toxic means of annoying and ruining other player’s roleplay, Fi magic had a 1 week or more clause, not a ‘yeah we’ll **** you and shove it in a box’ sort of scope to it

Some further supplying

“Fi’ was a good example of what not to do, as that magic simply shut down another person’s magic and wasn’t fun or interactive. The weakness was also bypassed by people creating special armor that even the weakened Fi’ mages could utilize. If a magic is made to deal with other magics (e.g. an anti-voidal magic), it should offer some kind of interaction so one side isn’t simply shutting down the other.” 

Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer

Hello @rukio

Post is here to confirm that you have gathered all the feedback necessary for your lore and wish to proceed with the reviewing process.

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.