Any Pointers?

Crovidae

So hello, I’ve had experience with complicated Minecraft roleplay servers before, and while I know most of what to do already, (chat channels, what meta and powergaming is, the wiki aka essays of lore you need to read before doing anything, literally just how to not embaress yourself in roleplay) I have noticed some drama.

As such, I want to tiptoe my way around those landmines of conflict before I actually know what’s going on, and maybe find out what I want my character to be. 

So far, a Human Heartlander named Tal sounds good as far as characters go. Not entirely sure what goals I have for em though. 

I also want to ask what cities/towns would be recommended, but this community seems pretty split on the matter of Llyria right now so uh... 

Any Pointers? 

In all honesty its best to stay out of this stuff if you really don't want to get involved. Any drama on LOTC anyways is pretty cancerous. Just stick to urself and keep RPing like normal, but its also okay to have an opinion abt things such as the current llyria x fenn issues 

Do your own thing, as jaded said lotc has a lot of toxic ooc drama that's best to avoid, there's really no right and wrong way to play. Focus on your characters development and have fun.

If you want to spend your time on LOTC chilling out and having fun, join the Druids. They’re the community with the best player retention on the server and they don’t get involved in a ton of drama, making them ideal for people who’re interested in the slice-of-life side of RP without it being cringy. The halflings are also pretty decent and comparable in quality to the Druids, but there’s not as many of them.

If drama and potentially cancerous conflict is something you desire, then go make a human and get involved in the political RP there by playing the child of some noble family. If you play your cards right, you could end up being quite influential on LOTC as a result of this.

If you want something inbetween the two extremes, then there’s every other community I guess. The High Elves are pretty decent if you want to be an arsehole/incredibly racist in character but still be chill out of character, the Dwarves are interesting if you like the economic side of the server, and the Orcs are cool if you want to roleplay inside of an interesting and well built culture.

Here’s a few more general pointers:

-Avoid suspicious people on the roads. They’re probably bandits and will try to mug you, so avoid them unless you desire a good ol’ robbery RP.

-Make sure to vote for the server every day so you can finish your Voting Milestone and get big rewards.

-Farming your own food is way cheaper than buying it from shops. All you need is cobblestone and sticks to craft Stone Hoes, and then you’re basically self sufficient with your food supply.

-Look at the forums every now and then to see if there’s any events your character would want to attend. The forums are the best way to find out when important things are happening.

-Don’t enter a Human settlement if your character is gay/lesbian, a magic user, a CA race, etc. They’re not well known for inclusivity (although there are certain exceptions to this general rule. I’ve heard that Curon can be quite liberal at times).

-Have fun!

Honestly just stay off the forums to avoid the brunt of the drama. Only need to look at posts that are linked as flyers and stuff, or read up on lore once lore games is done. Humans are a good place to start but the community can suck you in the wrong direction if you’re not careful. I’d say wood elves are a good intermediate between low and high fantasy groups.