[✗] World Lore - Rooted Ingot

Xergarok

Material Name and Description (Raw form) 

There is no raw form of the Rooted Ingot, it is an ingot (iron ingot as item) that is not found in nature but has strong roots in nature. The ingot is unstable and therefore has unknown effects on the user, even though non-druids can use it, people with a lesser connection to nature tend to experience bigger side-effects. These effects only appear if the ingot is unused, therefore it becomes (more) stable when it is used for making tools or other crafts of the smith. It is not obtainable by any entity that has a bad connection with nature. This connection is not to be confused with how that person is connected with the order, be it friend or foe, but with nature itself. The side-effects when used by such creatures are lethal, be it instant or over time.

Applications (Raw Form)

The ingot is unstable, therefore it requires a bigger amount to become more stable. One ingot is highly unstable, but when forged into a tool the stability increases due to the cooperation of the ingots and perhaps the wood used for tools. The ingot itself is used for the creation of tools and armour, but the capabilities of these items differ. The ingots should never be used for anything but the creation of armours, tools and weapons for it is a valuable and sacred ingot. All those who do not obey this will be seen as unworthy by nature, and will therefore not be able to use the ingots ever again in their craft. (e.g. if you make bars, doors, levers etc. from the ingot it is seen as non-rp and a disgrace and therefore it can not be used again for future purposes)

Red Lines (Raw Form)

The ingot can not be used for other crafting than armours, tools, weapons and other direct utilisations (runes, magic and talisman work too).

Harvesting Method 

The ingot is crafted using a special recipe, the recipe is unknown to all but their inventor Xergarok (more below) but anyone can craft it. There are just some requirements. The Druid’s Silver is an item made by an unexperienced wannabe-druid. That being said, the ingot has to be made in the Grove, for the creation requires the druidic aura’s present there. Secondly, one must know about the various plants existing and the Aspects. All basic druid knowledge should be known. This is the custom lore on which the creation is based:

Trying to make a connection with nature through meditation (following the neo-druistic lore written by Salmon Druid Petyr), I try to make an unstable connection with the nature reagents I gather (plants etc, roots, flowers), using the druidic aura present in the Grove because I have no ability to conjur anything myself yet. I then bind the plants to a normal piece of metal in the forge present in the Grove. After the process, I forge it into various nature-bound items.

MC Presentation:

Rooted Ingot

This ingot has been infused with materialised nature under the form of plants and herbs. During the process of implementing these herbs into the body of a normal iron ingot, the druidic aura present only in the heart of druidic activity is constantly present. The ingot is highly unstable due to the nature of nature itself, constantly moving and unpredictable. The ingot is slightly more heavy than a normal iron ingot due to the increased mass as a result of adding the herbs which might differ in weight. Those who fail to make a higher connection with nature will bear the consequences of trying to craft this ingot. Those who do not follow the ways of nature will follow the consequences. The ingot is known for being inventive, regenerative and ever changing, giving items crafted with it the same abilities.

Harvesting Red Lines 

/

Purpose (OOC)

I am a wannabe-druid. The path to become a full fetched druid is long and hard and requires a lot of work. I thought it a niece piece of lore where a rookie tries to experiment with nature and craftmanship. The idea of adding this ingot is to add something which gives a different result when being used in crafting, adds the Aspects more to the world of the items rather than being purely ‘role-play’ and matters of belief and words. I also liked the idea of making it bound to the Grove, which might increase activity there due to the so-called aura’s present (I didn't invent those so thatsfun.)

Edited by Xergarok

Hello @Xergarok

Post is here to confirm that you have gathered all the feedback necessary for your lore and wish to proceed with the reviewing process.

As far as I know everything was allright for this topic, sorry for the late response I thought it had just gotten ignored.

Thank you for submitting your piece! It is now under review, a verdict will be given within a few weeks.

This lore has been denied. You have been sent a message containing a list of issues that Story members had with the lore.