[✓] [Event Race Lore] Shuul

last sentence says it all +1

Watched you work hard late at night for almost a month now. Ocean ain’t utilized enough in a lot of settings, and these fish guys would bring interesting interactions and lore to the server.

+1 ?

this is ******* awesome omg

reserved will respond with more later!

+ 1 I like fish people.

I’ve seen you work on this for a while man, proud of you! This is a hell of a task and some wonderful work+1

i consider this to be rather sexy and i would love to perhaps rp with or as this race +1

I support this! I’d love to see fish people wandering around. Hopefully the lore is more used then the axolotyn were. +1

The lore is a fun read and will most likely generate a ton of RP. +1

+1 This is better than Axolotyn and better than my fishlore, Kala Ihmiset!

YES YES YES I WANTED SO MUCH FOR FISH PEOPLE SINCE THAT... other server came out. BUT PLEASE GIVE ME THESE FISH PEOPLE I WILL BE GRATEFUL

The Ocean needs more love, and lotc needs more abominations of nature. You’ve got a +1 from me ❤️

Also holy **** this was quite the read and I loved every second of it.

Edited by Mapleveins
added some bits and bobs

12 hours ago, Hastur said:

bronze tools, which do not rust or corrode underwater like iron does

Bronze is a copper alloy, and both of these materials corrode underwater. Just an fyi

Also, I like the lore piece, but... how would roleplay be done? Like sure, the ones using sputes could rp on the coastal shore just fine, but this is an entirely aquatic race. Are you going to build their cities underwater? If so, how will outsiders get to rp with them? Are you hoping the Dev team gives the Shuul race aquatic buffs and unlimited water breathing?

The only way I can see this CA being viable is if either

A) It picks up a TON of activity and is widely popular, thus making underwater roleplay active enough so that rp can occur in the first place, along with the fact that the above character buff are also given, or 

B) The shuuls become semi-aquatic and begin to colonize the shore after some sort of thing wipes out their underwater habitat, and the lore is reworked in order to make this doable.

I really do like the lore piece for what it is, but I don’t see it working out too well if implemented, unless some changes are made to where there is more land rp going on than underwater rp. Fish people are neat, and I love amphibious races in fantasy games, like Zoras or Argonians, but I really just don’t see how they could work on lotc.

Edit:

12 hours ago, Hastur said:

Shuul are driven to reproduce almost purely for the reason of propagating the species, and often leave their mates within days of first laying eggs, though a male and female can sometimes grow fond of one another, and remain mates for life.

Another thing. Why does romance have to be a possibility for everything? It just gives us weird... fish fetish ftb scenes. Make it something more interesting. What if they’re asexuals and can lay a fertilized egg all on their own when they’re ready for childbirth, and a roll is made to determine whether or not the egg’s occupant survives? A whole new avenue of rp can be made with such an addition. 

Shuuls could be seen as a suitable slave race, not for labor, but as a source of food, since ever shuul can lay eggs.

A feral species of shuul could be added who do not control when they lay their self-fertilized eggs, which create a population explosion of these ferals, and the civilized shuul could be described as fighting them back rather often. Maybe hunting the excess ferals is a sport, maybe cannibalizing their corpses becomes common.

You could still have sexual characteristics that differentiate between genders of a shuul, and hell, maybe you still keep lifemates as a thing, not for romance, but for a different cultural excuse.

Not everyone may agree with this part of the feedback, but it’s something to think about.