Modern Nations; 2020 [FreeForm]

GrimBeard

Modern Nations; 2020

The year that begins it all is hardly important. The people on earth in 2020 are changing, adapting. The human world is always growing, climbing to new heights. But they’ve all been taking great leaps, gigantic strides. Before the industrial revolution the global population was nothing. Nothing compared, billions upon billions of humans. The world grew smaller as humans rose. Nations are always at one another, striving to be victorious. The twentieth century proved just how deadly war can be. Weapons have grown even further, always becoming more deadly. Who would of thought the atom bomb was just the start? However with all this new power came more fear. Fear of the end of it all. Some are blind to that, some will see their own ways, and some plain don't care. But the good of humans could see war could lead to their destruction. Sadly nowadays however, nations find ways around total destruction. Before being disbanded, the UN had made great strides in nuclear disarmament.  But the world has grown too complex, too independent to submit to a higher council. Modern nations are a complex mix, but war was still in the picture. Weapons of mass destruction are set aside, nuclear bombs disarmed or hidden. Such a massive wall blocking them gone, the way opened. Diplomacy, trade, war, politics, they are all sides of the same coin. 

Though the world was connected, things are breaking down. Perhaps not in any sort of chaos, but in relations. Trade was important, but it was becoming harder to accept other nations agendas. The times of nations like the United States collecting foreign military bases is gone. Nationalism is rising, in some cases not for the better. All across the globe camps are being made, lines drawn. It's not all descending into war and chaos, however. It's the modern age, and more complex then that. To form groups was to survive, to have a feeling of security. It could also lead to far worse conclusions. Some nation states will be flames, to which many are drawn. It is not all about power anymore. Small states can come to prominence if they can follow the world's currents. In fact many larger states are far from ideal. It was becoming hard to administer so many people, govern so much land. It also however presents a large pool of supplies to use. 

Too paint a picture of the global landscape nation leaders finds themselves in, it all begins in Europe. As a testament to the souring relations across the globe, Europe holds the prize ribbon. At the start of the global decline, the European Union had taken too many steps backward. So many different views and factions, all trying to achieve their goal. Refugees from the Middle East wars, and a decline of currency sealed their fate. Now Europe’s a mess, and divided. Mainland powers like the French and Germans have kept to their own borders. Their economies are collapsing, as trade breaks down across the mainland. Smaller nations are better off, though they find themselves surrounded by potential foes. In the UK the English are better off. Keeping to the pound, and thanks to their brexit they had rode ahead of the economic storm. However it did not mean they were not affected. They find themselves alone on their Island, with a hostile mainland. Their focus is in politics, against internal independence factions and abroad. 

With Europe in everyone's minds, the Middle East is in a similar yet different state. Syria and Iraq are still a hotbed of action. Terrorist have until now been beaten back, and calmed. A U.S led coalition had destroyed ISIL, a resounding victory. But now there was no global coalition, no peacekeepers. Power was waiting in the heart of the Middle East, for any who would take it. Iran, Saudi Arabia, and others like them are far better off. Oil was still booming, and the magnates were still rich. They have developed, though they still mainly rely on an uncertain [but still rising] oil trade. Now it was a competition amongst the oil giants, a quiet struggle. For now. Contrary to the global climate, Africa has seen a bit more prosperity. Unification movements were strong, particularly in the south. African states were just now developing, tapping into [in some cases] vast reserves. If they could rise to prominence, it would be through becoming modern. Other states are still different. States like Morocco and the Congo, where their military has become much stronger. It is important to note that these states are already undergoing development. It would be nearly impossible for a warlord to grab power. Africa is a filled with diverse and powerful nations.

In Asia, nationalism is strongest. However states are keeping to what they have been following. Not many would submit to an Imperial sovereign. It is instead all about trade, and who's with who. China, the sagging giant, still maintains a grip on its borders. Rebellions against their government are at a high. Though the army remains loyal. They could contain it, but at a cost. Other states like Japan and South Korea are more stable. Their economy is on the rise, and political goodwill still hopefully remains. Japan's agreement with the U.S had been ended however. Japan stands on a crossroad. To re-make their constitution, to rebuild the Japanese army. To have an army, or the money?

The United States is in a far worse state then China. The elections are coming, and various factions are at each other’s throats. The two party systems have been shattered, after too much inaction. The U.S has an uncertain fate. More importantly now in the west, is the Latin Revival. After some stable states finally developed, they hit an economic boon. Small states like Panama are on a steep rise. Mexico's republic has been fixed, and they began to deal with internal strife. South America is in the same growing state, though it is divided into camps. States like Brazil or Argentina could find themselves blocked by coalitions.

The world is changing, will people change with it?

I hoped everyone enjoyed a little back-story to paint the picture! I decided to make a modern nation frp because it's been a while. It has been discarded, but I intend to bring it back in Terra. What I hope to do that will make it worthwhile to commit and keep posting is simple. A responsive mod team, to actually commit. Think how much fun it would be if you had a mod to answer you, to even make side events and respond to what you do with events. It has been done before and quite well, but it works both ways. To apply and begin posting is to commit. I will always make sure you have a reason to post, some event or response. Of course any and all who wants to try a hand at making events and responses [a mod if you will] can contact me! Keep note the actual Frp may not launch until I feel enough players and mods have committed. I won't play as any nation, purely a mod/event man. 

Though there is a slight picture painted, this FRP is by no means locked to the past. Things can be changed, and do not always have to follow history. Do what you want with your nation, and see what happens. I'll keep the OOC short, and can expand it if people have good questions or points.

Most rules are pretty simple but a few to take note of;

> No weapons of mass destruction 

>Research is done by Page time

> In United States players must start as a party leader running for president in the 2020 elections. (Various players can try to seize control of the U.S,  Apply with the faction app format.)

GLOBA FIRE POWER IDEX will of course be the only source

Nation Application

Discord Name and # [PM if needed]:

Nation Choice:

Character/Party name:

Have you played a modern nation frp before?:

Will you be able to post regularly?: 

/or/

Faction Application

In Theory this is for people who want to play as a terrorist, mercenary, or even rebel faction. Other types may possibly be accepted.

Discord Name:

Faction Type:

Where is said faction based?:

Faction name:

If so, ever as a faction instead of modern nation?:

Will you be able to post regularly?:

flag-american-flag-eagle-paint-splatter-GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
Discord Name: u have it

Faction Type: American Political Party

Where is said faction based?: Detroit, Michigan.

Faction name: America First Party

Have you played a modern nation frp before?: Yes

If so, ever as a faction instead of modern nation?: Oh yes

Will you be able to post regularly?: yes yes sir

Nation Application

Discord Name and # [PM if needed]: You know it

Nation Choice: Vatican City (Okay I’ve tried to play the Pope twice and it’s been ended prematurely don’t judge me!!!!)

Character/Party name: Pope Leo XIV. (r.2020-). (Robert Sarah)

Image result for cardinal sarah

Have you played a modern nation frp before?: Yes, as Lebanon.

Will you be able to post regularly?:  Yes.

Nation Application

Discord Name and # [PM if needed]: You have it **** off

Nation Choice:

THE GREAT NATION OF INDIA 

Character/Party name:

WILSON 
IDR PARTY

Yes, Wilson and Ghandi will conquer said world

Will you be able to post regularly?: Of course. 

Nation Application

Discord Name and # [PM if needed]: You have it **** off

Nation Choice:

THE GREAT NATION OF ITALY

Character/Party name:

DOMENICO MOROSINI
CATHOLIC PARTY OF ITALY

Yes, TBF, and SOV were both in the Modern Era.

Will you be able to post regularly?: Of course. 

On 8/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, Sovereign_of_Solaris said:

flag-american-flag-eagle-paint-splatter-GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
Discord Name: u have it

Where is said faction based?: Detroit, Michigan.

Faction name: America First Party

Have you played a modern nation frp before?: Yes

If so, ever as a faction instead of modern nation?: Oh yes

Will you be able to post regularly?: yes yes sir

Image result for nickerwave

N I C K E R      N A T I O N

Faction Application

Discord Name: You got it

Where is said faction based?: LA, California

Faction name: American Restoration Front

Have you played a modern nation frp before?: No, I totally have not, anything else is a lie. If anyone says otherwise they are a filthy liar that lies

If so, ever as a faction instead of modern nation?: No, even if I theoratically had played as one before. I did not do so before

Will you be able to post regularly?: Probaply, and otherwise Tyras can win the election.

Faction Application

Discord Name: Zeonic American (#9861)

Faction Type: Private Military Contractors (Mercenaries) 

Where is said faction based?:  Norfolk, Virginia, USA & Dubai, United Arab Emirates 

Faction name: Pegasus (Subsidiary of Academi)

Have you played a modern nation frp before?: No, only historical and Sci-Fi though I have followed modern FRPs in the past

If so, ever as a faction instead of modern nation?: No

Will you be able to post regularly?: If by regularly you mean once every week then yes I should