Moderation Update Log August 2019

5 hours ago, Pun said:

I do want to apologize for the mess of the recent warclaim, a lack of communication being the main reason such an event didn't go to plan.

Can you elaborate on what exactly happened?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. 

Man, I love to wait 3 hours for a modreq to be answered when there are three mods on, I love this team! Keep it up!

10 hours ago, ninjaclimb1 said:

at least put what falls into each grading 

This is done, just not shown publicly

1 hour ago, Zacho said:

This is done, just not shown publicly

why not? isnt it better for the playerbase to be able to see where their punishment will fall, to ensure consistency in bans between players? 

what reason is there to hide the length of bans for each offense?

appeals arent big brain enough for chad mods to handle so pun is yeeting em away

tbh assigning a recently unbanned player a ct member isnt a bad idea but having them handle the whole appeal is smoothbrained at best, and overturns like 6 years of gm precedent regarding ban appeals (handling moderator or manager (if gamer is removed) does it)

13 hours ago, rotund_man said:

This.

The idea is just asinine. If the GMs no longer handle lockpicking, evictions, raids, charters, and now ban appeals, what are they supposed to do, exactly? Smacks of Punisher attempting to cast off her team’s responsibilities.

Okay, the appeals moving to the community was a plan from the start of the staff reforms. It has been delayed due to many factors. As for being my idea, it was a decision made before my time as a manager for less as an admin so don't give credit to me for this one. 

Moderation does handle conflict, charters, the reason for automation of certain areas is to not only give power back to the players but to release some of the pressure on moderators. Not everything can be handled using plugins but these are not decisions I alone make, they are discussed with numerous people before being placed on the server. 

you guys keep removing duties from the Moderation team. Why are ticket response times still in the hours?

also, why would the community team ever handle appeals? It seems like you’re just doing something to do something; without thinking of what would be good or bad.

1 hour ago, Pun said:

Okay, the appeals moving to the community was a plan from the start of the staff reforms. It has been delayed due to many factors. As for being my idea, it was a decision made before my time as a manager for less as an admin so don't give credit to me for this one. 

We're going to credit you as you're an admin who is RESPONSIBLE for recognizing when your fellow admins are making a terrible decision. Don't just say “don't credit this, dont blame me, its not my idea". You're an admin, recognize that players are pointing out that this is a terrible idea instead of attempting to shrug it off as “oh it's not me”.

Telanir is barely on these forums, and when he does he posts some vague wishy washy posts regarding good will between players. 

The reason response times are so long is because all of us new guys are still learning how to do the job efficiently, many of us on the Mod team do have real life responsibilities like work and college and this means we can't be online for as long as we would like to be.

In the coming weeks you should all start seeing improvements as we finish settling into our new role.

As for our responsibilities being handed to other teams, we do a lot more than what you seem to think and it can often be difficult to keep up with it all when there aren't many other people around.

8 hours ago, Trinn said:

why not? isnt it better for the playerbase to be able to see where their punishment will fall, to ensure consistency in bans between players? 

what reason is there to hide the length of bans for each offense?

Essentially its to keep it so players can go and say ‘Im going to break this rule 100% on purpose and get away with it freely because ban protocol says so’

20 hours ago, Pun said:

Bans: this is a hot topic among the community, something I have personally seen discussed. How do bans function, and are people learning from them? The simple answer is short-term bans do little to correct bad behaviors, and the system we were using no longer works with the direction the server is going. With this in mind, an overhaul has been done. Coming within the next two weeks, the update to infraction processing will be implemented; we will have a discussion with the player, followed by a ban, with increasing lengths for repeat infractions. For more serious offenses, banning will be the first option. Indefinite bans are gone, community guidelines bans are completely removed.
KyR5g-0EOMHevjNtXBj9wrMCyjqCxEW4igwZikBZ

Can I just say that this system seems even worse, if that’s possible, than the old one? This literally just punishes being an old player as it’s inevitable that, the longer you stay on the server, the more ofte4n you’re going to be punished. Unless this new direction is ‘ban all the old players’, this system seems to have been created purely out of incompetence. I didn’t think it could get worse.

1 hour ago, ToxicApple1 said:

As for our responsibilities being handed to other teams, we do a lot more than what you seem to think and it can often be difficult to keep up with it all when there aren't many other people around.

235735a774d4571fc20725b5e01ac49a-png.jpg
unknown.png
yeah okay.

Edited by Jaded

1 hour ago, ToxicApple1 said:

The reason response times are so long is because all of us new guys are still learning how to do the job efficiently, many of us on the Mod team do have real life responsibilities like work and college and this means we can't be online for as long as we would like to be.

In the coming weeks you should all start seeing improvements as we finish settling into our new role.

what about the mods that are online

1 hour ago, Zacho said:

Essentially its to keep it so players can go and say ‘Im going to break this rule 100% on purpose and get away with it freely because ban protocol says so’

Then it's your fault for having a rule in which the protocol allows for players to break it repeatedly without repercussion. This is an absolutely laughable excuse ngl. 

If you find that people do this, fix it on the way so that you can still allow players to maintain a degree of trust with game moderators through ensuring that ban length are public and consistent.