Moderation Update Log August 2019

15 minutes ago, Trinn said:

Then it's your fault for having a rule in which the protocol allows for players to break it repeatedly without repercussion. This is an absolutely laughable excuse ngl. 

If you find that people do this, fix it on the way so that you can still allow players to maintain a degree of trust with game moderators through ensuring that ban length are public and consistent. 

Underline the repeatedly part and find that in my argument. I said for the very first time for the first like 8 tiers of infraction.

2 minutes ago, Zacho said:

Underline the repeatedly part and find that in my argument. I said for the very first time for the first like 8 tiers of infraction.

Last spreadsheets I saw of the ban protocol had the first green tabs outlining 0-5 ish days of ban for first infractions. Which ones totally out rules banning in this new ban protocol?

2 hours ago, ToxicApple1 said:

The reason response times are so long is because all of us new guys are still learning how to do the job efficiently, many of us on the Mod team do have real life responsibilities like work and college and this means we can't be online for as long as we would like to be.

Have you guys ever thought that, maybe, the players are like this too? And for this exact reason they can’t stay online & AFK to ensure their settlement doesn’t get destroyed by ‘activity checks’?
I do understand that most of the team is quite new, and that’s okay. But you can’t hide behind an excuse that you punish your players for.

2 hours ago, ToxicApple1 said:

The reason response times are so long is because all of us new guys are still learning how to do the job efficiently, many of us on the Mod team do have real life responsibilities like work and college and this means we can't be online for as long as we would like to be.

In the coming weeks you should all start seeing improvements as we finish settling into our new role.

As for our responsibilities being handed to other teams, we do a lot more than what you seem to think and it can often be difficult to keep up with it all when there aren't many other people around.

235735a774d4571fc20725b5e01ac49a-png.jpg

b2053fa5a54699564bea5231a1e14c4d.png

So what are you doing to fix the response times my dude? How much have you learned in the five days you logged onto LOTC and had a playtime of a couple of hours?

And you’re sure as hell not a good forum moderator with an attitude like this my dude.

Screenshot_20190815-132042_Discord.jpg

23 hours ago, Pun said:

Finally the LotC discord, shall be getting an overhaul this coming month, to make it more useable and useful for all. 

On the topic of LotC discord, fireheart banned me from it for ‘harassing moderators’ when this was the only messages that I had sent.
7261facf8a23fe16587b2e5c6265e384.png

My /areq asking why he had banned me was left open for over two weeks and was closed whilst I was offline, without a response I might add.

fadfbd9e62c6ac1952cdc6985b0494fb.png

How does one go about getting unbanned from the discord when the ban itself was absolutely pathetic.

6 hours ago, Pun said:

Okay, the appeals moving to the community was a plan from the start of the staff reforms. It has been delayed due to many factors. As for being my idea, it was a decision made before my time as a manager for less as an admin so don't give credit to me for this one. 

Moderation does handle conflict, charters, the reason for automation of certain areas is to not only give power back to the players but to release some of the pressure on moderators. Not everything can be handled using plugins but these are not decisions I alone make, they are discussed with numerous people before being placed on the server. 

You still haven’t addressed the rather incisive point by Trinn that THE COMMUNITY TEAM DID NOT SIGN UP TO DO THIS. You’re taking the team that’s supposed to invite new players into our community and saddling them with a responsibility that is 100% guaranteed to burn them out. I don’t care if it’s you or Telanir that’s responsible for this galaxy brain “reform.” It’s stupid and you’re getting called out for it because it’s your responsibility to handle game moderation. Not the CT’s, not the players’, yours. And if you don’t want to do that, you should resign.

3 hours ago, Kaelan said:

235735a774d4571fc20725b5e01ac49a-png.jpg

b2053fa5a54699564bea5231a1e14c4d.png

So what are you doing to fix the response times my dude? How much have you learned in the five days you logged onto LOTC and had a playtime of a couple of hours?

And you’re sure as hell not a good forum moderator with an attitude like this my dude.

Screenshot_20190815-132042_Discord.jpg

damn, kaelan beat me to it

2 minutes ago, Keening said:

damn, kaelan beat me to it

Beat me to it as well, given, well, look at the quoted username. 

On 9/2/2019 at 9:55 AM, Pun said:

Okay, the appeals moving to the community was a plan from the start of the staff reforms. It has been delayed due to many factors. As for being my idea, it was a decision made before my time as a manager for less as an admin so don't give credit to me for this one. 

Moderation does handle conflict, charters, the reason for automation of certain areas is to not only give power back to the players but to release some of the pressure on moderators. Not everything can be handled using plugins but these are not decisions I alone make, they are discussed with numerous people before being placed on the server. 

I swear to Allah, if Telanir gets his AI automated GM team I’m going to scream and post Black Mirror memes until I get banned

SAY NO TO NEURAL NETS REEEEEEEEE

I will say several people I know from different communities have said their wait times for modreqs have been rather long, reaching upwards to around 3 hours at times. And this is when several mods have been online for quite some time. While I get there are some newer mods and they have IRL too or wish to RP,  on the other side the moderators did sign up for this job to do. Another thing that's seems to be happening lately is mods ignoring modreqs until the person logs off, then closes it without any message. Thus the person is then forced to make a new one. Now, this could be a coincidence, however this is becoming more frequent than it should be. Which is frustrating people even more who wait well over several hours.