[Completed]On matters of Loregames

HedgeHug

I can go on a limb and write a thousand word thesis on this but instead I will bullet list my concerns and issues with the loregames as they are going on.

- No public updates on loremags or progression in quite some time, even though lore keeps getting cut or shelfed.

- Major infraction on character progression and roleplay in general

– Major infraction on teaching of magic as all is blocked

– the same done to creation roleplay of magical items as LT signatures for artificery magics are disallowed

- No reason in roleplay given to at least mend this, forcing players to resort to in character skygod references as a reason for why something cannot be done

- The Shaman rewrite has been effectively taken out of player hands. I’m only aware of this one but there might be other magics where player / magic user involvement in rewriting is effectively nullified

Please civilly discuss this and mayhaps offer solutions? Haven’t heard anything from flambo either in a while, leaving many with questions of who’s in control of the loregames and what the line of progression is.

My problem with the lore games, as mentioned, is the blocking of MA and magic artifacts. I questioned to myself on why magic would be blocked for 10 weeks in it’s somewhat entirety. I understand that magic is being rewritten and might cause some discrepancies between the old and new systems, but potential role play is being blocked and people could personally learn the new system. My suggestion is to remove the magic block or at least remove it on an earlier date. There should be no reason for magic users before the rewrite to not read the new system once it is released, so why should we block those who should do the same thing with a rewrite around the corner? It does not make sense.

Edited by Astrophysical

Loregames is pretty much Brexit at this point and Flambo is TM. Except he didn’t abide his pledge to resign.

3 hours ago, HedgeHug said:

I can go on a limb and write a thousand word thesis on this but instead I will bullet list my concerns and issues with the loregames as they are going on.

- No public updates on loremags or progression in quite some time, even though lore keeps getting cut or shelfed.

- Major infraction on character progression and roleplay in general

– Major infraction on teaching of magic as all is blocked

– the same done to creation roleplay of magical items as LT signatures for artificery magics are disallowed

- No reason in roleplay given to at least mend this, forcing players to resort to in character skygod references as a reason for why something cannot be done

- The Shaman rewrite has been effectively taken out of player hands. I’m only aware of this one but there might be other magics where player / magic user involvement in rewriting is effectively nullified

Please civilly discuss this and mayhaps offer solutions? Haven’t heard anything from flambo either in a while, leaving many with questions of who’s in control of the loregames and what the line of progression is.

-Sure, no public update I guess. But that doesn’t mean nothing has been done. The first loremag of the lore games has already been completed, and the results of it will be published/shared with the writers soon. As for things getting shelved, its not really about the lore games. Things get brought to our attention and they get dealt with. Just because it happens while the lore games are ongoing doesn’t mean its a result of the lore games. 

- God forbid there be character development outside of learning magic. If you have an accepted MA you are free to continue your learning, or to continue using the magic. Literally all you can’t do is teach or make magic items. 

- If the only thing you can think of as a reason to not take on a new student or make a magic item is “Gah, those damn skygods!!1!11!” then I really don’t know what to tell you. There are plenty of reasons you could come up with instead of blaming sky gods. 

-You’re kinda right it has. We have hardly kept it a secret that the Shaman community fell very short in their nearly year long rewrite process. Many things were not finished, and those that were finished had tons of issues ranging from not making sense lore wise to not fixing the issues of extreme vagueness. But that’s not to say that the players cannot submit their own rewrites which will be graded alongside the LTs versions. The LT is simply working on a massive project to overhaul all aspects of Shamanism, and have actually gotten lots of feedback, input and help from the Shaman player base. Shamanism is getting this special LT treatment because of just how much it encompasses, and how many pieces all need to fit together. There are several other projects being worked on by the LT, but Shamanism is a very special circumstance. 

I just want a result on my lore

15 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

- God forbid there be character development outside of learning magic. If you have an accepted MA you are free to continue your learning, or to continue using the magic. Literally all you can’t do is teach or make magic items. 

- If the only thing you can think of as a reason to not take on a new student or make a magic item is “Gah, those damn skygods!!1!11!” then I really don’t know what to tell you. There are plenty of reasons you could come up with instead of blaming sky gods. 

The loregames force narrative of roleplay to non magical, which is indeed an issue for magical groups. And there can be other reasons but they need to make sense. The issue here is that it’s a global thing that EVERY teacher has to deal with. It’s a bit odd if there come 100 ways of teachers saying that all of a sudden they lost connection or an old sports injury is hindering them from teaching. It would’ve made more sense, as this is a global happening, for a global reason irp to exist that would at least give characters a way to define and give reason to this phenomenon.

19 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

-Sure, no public update I guess. But that doesn’t mean nothing has been done. The first loremag of the lore games has already been completed, and the results of it will be published/shared with the writers soon. As for things getting shelved, its not really about the lore games. Things get brought to our attention and they get dealt with. Just because it happens while the lore games are ongoing doesn’t mean its a result of the lore games. 

-You’re kinda right it has. We have hardly kept it a secret that the Shaman community fell very short in their nearly year long rewrite process. Many things were not finished, and those that were finished had tons of issues ranging from not making sense lore wise to not fixing the issues of extreme vagueness. But that’s not to say that the players cannot submit their own rewrites which will be graded alongside the LTs versions. The LT is simply working on a massive project to overhaul all aspects of Shamanism, and have actually gotten lots of feedback, input and help from the Shaman player base. Shamanism is getting this special LT treatment because of just how much it encompasses, and how many pieces all need to fit together. There are several other projects being worked on by the LT, but Shamanism is a very special circumstance. 

Man, this makes me think of a question I had regarding LT written lore..

Hows necromancy coming along?

i know i myself have been involved in 5-6 magics being rewritten, new and old. i agree with syko that its alright having your new students being put on hold, and items can be put off for a bit. 

I agree there could be a bit more transparency and I would strongly like to be pushing out loremags quicker but the team is moving at the pace it is. I wish you luck with all your writing, do not be deterred- I at least believe it’ll all pay off in the end.

2 hours ago, Ixli said:

Man, this makes me think of a question I had regarding LT written lore..

Hows necromancy coming along?

I’m writing it.

What would benefit people would be receiving an update with bullet points on each submission. Those rewriting magics aren’t the only ones using them so giving 1-2 sentence updates per piece would allow the community to see where everything is. 

There is no transparency. Just a very long process with no sign of completion. Give them a progress report.

Gotta say, being completely unable to learn magic for whoever knows how long is really unfortunate. Especially when you really want to get your character involved magic based rp.

The magic rewrites began around this time last year. Maybe a bit earlier? But I know I left when it was Soon TM. Let that sink in.

3 hours ago, Sykogenic said:

God forbid there be character development outside of learning magic. If you have an accepted MA you are free to continue your learning, or to continue using the magic. Literally all you can’t do is teach or make magic items. 

8 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Gotta say, being completely unable to learn magic for whoever knows how long is really unfortunate. Especially when you really want to get your character involved magic based rp.

://///// who knew that people don’t want to get involved in slice of life political roleplay syko

3 hours ago, Sykogenic said:

If the only thing you can think of as a reason to not take on a new student or make a magic item is “Gah, those damn skygods!!1!11!” then I really don’t know what to tell you. There are plenty of reasons you could come up with instead of blaming sky gods. 

alright but your completely missing the point, I’m breaking character to say that I have any reason to not teach someone, when I would be perfectly willingly to teach them

you seem to have this mentality that we’ll simply say “ah well bygones be bygones” and bend our characters to suit the shelving of lore

nah that’s not happening we’re going to make it perfectly clear the reason why we have to break character and not teach our students

1 hour ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I’m writing it.

I wish you luck. It probably won’t pass. The LT were very clear that all the players are failing to do what they want and they will be writing one by themselves; otherwise, I would suggest you speak with the necromancy community on the matter and get an invite to the discord. 

4 hours ago, Sykogenic said:

God forbid there be character development outside of learning magic. If you have an accepted MA you are free to continue your learning, or to continue using the magic. Literally all you can’t do is teach or make magic items. 

Sorry, i’ve played that game on LoTC before. I despise the political drama that comes with game of thrones rp. Would be a merchant, but then i’d just get killed for pixels. That, and, oh wait. Maybe I’ll take a day to rant about all the magics and the ways they can be abused. Then they’ll all get shelved! I’ll do you one even better than that. Let’s get rid of all magic entirely from a high fantasy based server. Then we can all go to somewhere better. ;)

I don’t expect the lore games to be done for another year or so. I don’t see a reason in staying anymore. There are other alternatives we can put our time into.