[✗] [Invention Lore + Feat App] The Arqua

GDPR 014

15 minutes ago, Man of Respect said:

why are you flaming me for +1 that’s not cool but i’ll give you a +rep regardless

I do think that shooting a dragon with a minigun made with tubes would break the fantasy feeling of the server, can you elaborate please why it wouldn’t

edit: here you go

lbHChjg.png

thanks i try my best.

But legitimately the creation of a projectile weapon that mimics a crossbow in functionality and has a few strange alterations is not far fetched at all. This isn’t the introduction of machine guns or anything of the sort. It’s a very primitive weapon that simply shows slight innovation. Shooting dragons w/ cannons would be sick, but these aren’t miniguns and something people always hop and skip into.

Just because there’s a small innovation in a projectile weapons, doesn’t open up the path for people to have machine guns and ak-47s and miniguns. If anything, this is just a re-skinned crossbow.

edit : as phil said below. It’s also building the foundation for a bunch of innovations which seem plausible in a period where we have magic drills, people trying to make arcade machines and interdimensional rifts.

Its more than a projectile weapon now though. There are more uses in noncombative settings than just combat pew pew

Ok, I was convinced to read the lore. The first two seem to be reasonable and I don’t think they’d really harm the server seeing that they’re more for no combat scenarios, but the guns would still be powergamed the hell out of, specially since they have 4 shots before needing a reload, meaning that you could shoot four times with a gun before needing to reload, we’re skipping an entire generation and jumping straight to repeatable guns

I mean, I like guns, mechas and etc, but I just feel like lotc isn’t really the place for it.

14 minutes ago, Man of Respect said:

pecially since they have 4 shots before needing a reload

no no, you misread for launchers. Its single shot, but the pnuematic cannisters propel 4 total before requiring an additional emote in the reload process. So think of it like:

emotes to load and fire

emotes to load and fire

emotes to load and fire

emotes to load and fire

emotes to load+putting a new canister back in, and fire

rinse and repeat

apologies for the confusion

22 hours ago, SourDough said:

Well, I'd definitely like to chat about your qualms. My discord is Bokratzia#8909 if you're willing to discuss and possibly hash things out

I don’t think there is any need for that, I am all against this kind of advanced technology, doesn’t matter how good the idea. I know a lot of people do like it and apart from that the ideas aren’t bad. I’ll add u just in case you still wanna chat ?

They’re getting a little more acceptable each time they get rewritten. This one could make it through, might take another one or two posts. Keep at it lads +1

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.