LittleDucky1103

I'm new to roleplay and am looking for a little help in creating my character for the application. I'm a little lost on where to find information and where to start with my character, I have no idea what I want her back story to be- where she's from and all that. I know her name is Muya and she's a wood elf. I tried going through the lore but it's a little difficult knowing what cities are being used currently and what lore to include in my backstory as it's hard to know when everything happened and what year the role play is currently in. I'd appreciate any and all kind of help so please, either reply to me here or my Discord is Kytux1103 #3061

Thank you in advance. 

Hello!

To answer your question, yes you can use Roleplay appropriate skins that you find online, but you must make sure you are not using a previously used skin that other players have created (general human skins and the sort are fine). The wiki will contain most of the information you will need to create your application. I suggest clicking the wiki pages of sutica and llyria (that are race-neutral) to learn of their lore and current standings, so you can formulate a character that resides in one of them. Keep in mind, your character app only needs a few specific details to be accepted as well as a brief background, so no need to come up with a fully fleshed out character. You do not have to actually play the character you apply with. Hope this helped, and good luck!

Hi, there! It is recommended that you use your own skin if possible. As for the backstory and such, the current date is 11th of Snow’s Maiden, 1733, if it helps at all. Irrinor seems to be the main Wood Elf settlement at the moment, as for a place to have grown up and lived in. Usually, referencing a few pieces of lore helps quite a bit in your backstory. So, the Wood Elves religion [The Aspects mainly, I believe]. Irrinor and such. Hope this helps! ❤️

Hi, in case you need help finding a skin...
https://sites.google.com/view/skinarchive/home
This is the skin archive for the tailor’s guild. All of the skins you see in here are specifically designed for new players, so you don’t need to worry about not being able to use them ? If you want a custom skin, feel free to track down a community team member to join the new player discord and ask for a skin if you aren't already in it. 

To be honest, your first character is mostly to get familiar with the lore and roleplaying techniques. You will most likely pk (stop playing him) when you have become familiar enough to really get indulged in the LOTC Universe..

Apart from that, it is important to show off your roleplaying skills in the application, I wouldn’t bother so much looking for the perfect skin

Hi! I’m a little late but I’ll just drop this here anyway ?

The wiki is definitely confusing to navigate when you’re starting out, but luckily most of it you don’t need to use. Because of the in-game time system (one week equates to an in-game year), most of the cities and settlements you find there were abandoned a long time ago. The current continent where the server is set is named Arcas, and it’s been inhabited for just over 25 in-game years now. If you look at the wiki page on Arcas you’ll see a list of currently inhabited settlements.

I would recommend starting out with a young character as this gives you time to learn lore naturally at the same time your character is learning it, but this isn’t required. In wood elven culture your character would be considered a young adult at 50, but you can apply with a character of any age from 18 (their age of physical maturity). If your character is aged from 28-90 years old, they would have been born during the server’s previous map ‘Atlas’.

Here’s a brief overview of the cities a wood elf is most likely to have come from:

• Irrinor – This nation was founded fairly recently, so your character wouldn’t have grown up there, but it currently seems to be the primary wood elven settlement in Arcas.
  • Aegrothond – Aegrothond is also an elven city, though it isn’t sub-race specific. It’s located on an island and has a very sea focused culture.
  • Sutica – A multiracial trade-focused city which accepts all religions/magic/etc.
  • Llyria – Llyria probably won’t have been around long enough for your character to have been born there. It’s another multiracial city which is very magic/knowledge oriented.
  • Gladewynn – This nation no longer exists but your character could have been born there. It was a wood elven nation in Atlas.

You’re definitely not expected to make your own skin – as long as it fits the medieval/fantasy theme of the server it will probably be fine. As Unwillingly pointed out, the LotC Skin Archive is probably the best place to go, there are loads of skins posted on it all the time but even if you’d rather use a different skin, I’d recommend checking out the skin archive first to see if the skin fits with the other wood elf skins there. 

Take your time with your application, but remember that it doesn’t need to be perfect. The majority of applications don’t get accepted straight off the bat and if you make some mistakes the community team member reviewing your application will place it on pending and work through it with you to help you correct it. If you haven’t already, I’d definitely suggest that you hop on the server and take a look around the cities as a wandering soul (unwhitelisted player) to help you choose which settlement to come from and get a feel for the server.

This is starting to get a bit long, but if you’d like to know anything else feel free to message me on the forums or through discord (my account is Aqua#5363)! You can also ask questions as a wandering soul on the server or in the new player discord

Anyway, good luck with your application!!