[✗] CA Race Lore - Sazukoth, The Corrupt Ones

Nozgoth

Created by Sparkywiz, took inspiration from many sources.

Sazukoth, The Corrupt Ones

After a long trek, Almuin reached the cozy hamlet he had been searching for. He looked around because it was odd that nobody was outside. As Almuin got closed in on the village a man with white hair and brown robes ran up to him, “Ello, What brings you to the village?” said the man. Almuin replied “Hi I am Almuin, I presume It was from you?, It said that there was a monster?”, “The man said, A monster of sorts yes, nobody knows what it actually is, my inhabitants have been claiming they see bright green lights outside at night and we have had multiple cases of missing people”. “Say no more” replied Almuin. He then set up a small camp near the town and slept until night. Almuin woke up to the crunching of leaves outside his shelter, he took a peek outside and saw something… someone that would change him forever.

3yCyYKen8Wh9i1bwISF-RrpcFq66N2TQy7rszQNnyl-hMDrpPC452PpIrg7tZNPsNc892XTKbXhJAPyHVIJx1VkZbDwW6AS5HS5gYnAJyBVghGtY0GZ1knWtM54WS4seB1zwFren

The Sazukoth, are poor souls who have been corrupted by an ancient relic. The Sazukoth’s sole purpose is to spread chaos and corruption. Some believe this relic was created by accident by a necromancer from ages long ago. Although there is some speculation, nobody knows what this mysterious object is, because anyone who has seen it is now one of the Sazukoth. Nobody knows the whereabouts of this object, Most that have heard the tale don’t fear coming across the relic, they fear coming across one of the corrupt.

Physical Description

A Sazukoth typically has heavy, black, hooded robes and some armor on top. Under the hood is a face with green substances seeping out of the mouth and other openings. The face of a Sazukoth would look like whatever the person looked like before except with corrupted features. Many corrupt ones wear golden masks, crowns or other trinkets like necklaces over their robes. Also, Sazukoth’s usually have a greenish glow coming off them. Finally, All Sazukoth carry a blade with them. Sazukoth’s are very weak to magic, and can be temporarily defeated with it. Most people are not capable of beating one without magic though, it is possible. Also, they have very weak eyesight so they are easy to hide from.u4EWwd9WY1iE7bnTPtd-Ca51KOiwP7cHQ2cXzoST_F3DKX4PTjexJC0fS-gOoE8B4bWE0pNv7V5J1CO8tgiy_K540coHePQVbBhhtoN_3psAECg0QAiA_2UL5TpBnFzmXm6y8VaA

This looks similar to what a male would look like,

except they would have less armor and more visible corruption spots on the face.

Mental Status

The mental status is the main flaw in the Sazukoth’s especially when there are multiple of them. First of all Sazukoth’s have no recollection of their previous life and their existence of being an actual person. Sazukoth’s are mindless and have only one goal, to spread the corruption. Also, when there are multiple Sazukoth’s in the vicinity they think like a hive mind, only one of them talks and it speaks for all of them. The longer one stays a Sazukoth the more it loses its self to the relic. Also a Sazukoth will never attack on sight, it first seeks to manipulate and persuade, if it feels someone or something is a threat it will then attack. 

9OXNqwtrICJf3LcUue501gEfVkTkYJKEEJzFEZVQ5E_gQd5ezPaz8LlYgxo7hm5CJy2d7-h1rlINWdTeSN9xs2Dwia2KDw-n717up55mKdGrQ5Y7-w6qPzLaOWiVL3PZ8trLwf-M

Abilities

The Sazukoth’s have heightened speed, but can only call upon the power at night time. In rp they would be able to do more impressive attacks that not any normal human would be able to do (Nothing op, just a small advantage). Also Sazukoth’s are never truly gone, they will always come back unless someone of high magical power banishes them from this plane (A potential pk clause). Finally this race falls under *Grouping C Standard Creatures*

Corruption Process

Since there is no sign of the relic that formed the original ones, the Sazukoth’s promise victims of eternal life and wealth. Once they have their victim convinced, they gift the victim a trinket or piece of jewelry of their choice. (This item can be anything as long as long as it was made by a Sazukoth). The victim will put the item on and they will slowly get attracted to it and won’t want to part with it, although it is possible to overcome the temptation. Once the victim puts the item on they will instinctively stay near the Sazukoth until they turn. It takes about 2 IRL hours for the full transformation. For the first few in game days of being a Sazukoth they will still partly have their mind and have recollection, it's not too late to seek help from a healer. *Disclaimer get permission before corrupting!*

Red lines/Restrictions

Don’t power game and abuse the powers.

Get permission OOC to convert someone to a Sazukoth.

Don’t kill everyone for no reason and don’t run around in towns during the day looking like a Sazukoth because that defeats the purpose.

Purpose (OOC)

The purpose of Sazukoth’s is to add an element of fear to players in the world of LOTC. There is no current reason to be scared at all and there is barely any active evil presences. I think this adds a reason for players to keep vigilant when travelling at night. Also it adds a fun role play experience for players to enjoy.

Discord: N-Vious#5616

Feel free to contact me and leave feedback!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by SparkyWiz

this formatting makes my brain go big oof  -1

hello! 

I think your lore needs a lot more work. CA races are typically heavily detailed and incredibly fleshed out. I think what you should do is spend a greater amount of time on the server and get a feel for players, playerbases, and lore. There are darkmagic forces out there, plenty! but if they were so well known, how would they stay around if people know where they are? 

if you want some advice, your piece needs a great amount of work. Fleshing it out across all boards and adding more redlines, thoughts, and restrictions. A CA lorepiece should look something more like some of the following;

these are examples of extremely successful and well crafted lorepieces for CA races. If you’re really interested in these folk here, I’d consider putting a lot more effort into what you’re making before you consider this ready for lore reviewal. While I’m not willing to fully work with you or give much more advice on the piece, these are things to consider if you wish your race to be accepted. It should very much be more on the scale of these lorepieces above, rather than something so short, poorly formatted, and poorly described. 

I wish you luck!

3 hours ago, Vermy said:

this formatting makes my brain go big oof  -1

Sorry still new to this.

1 hour ago, SquakHawk said:

hello! 

I think your lore needs a lot more work. CA races are typically heavily detailed and incredibly fleshed out. I think what you should do is spend a greater amount of time on the server and get a feel for players, playerbases, and lore. There are darkmagic forces out there, plenty! but if they were so well known, how would they stay around if people know where they are? 

if you want some advice, your piece needs a great amount of work. Fleshing it out across all boards and adding more redlines, thoughts, and restrictions. A CA lorepiece should look something more like some of the following;

these are examples of extremely successful and well crafted lorepieces for CA races. If you’re really interested in these folk here, I’d consider putting a lot more effort into what you’re making before you consider this ready for lore reviewal. While I’m not willing to fully work with you or give much more advice on the piece, these are things to consider if you wish your race to be accepted. It should very much be more on the scale of these lorepieces above, rather than something so short, poorly formatted, and poorly described. 

I wish you luck!

Thankyou

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.