Sign in to follow this  
NotEvilAtAll

Working map of Asulon

Just now, Hanrahan said:

Dang, the whole human continent seems to be missing – and there’s naught past Menorcress.. Hmmmm..

30KRiyR.jpg

Salvus and Arethor are still intact. 

Oh I’m dumb sorry hot damn

Oh you beautiful bastard, I’ma get so high on this nostalgia trip. Now all I need is a map of Aegis (highly unlikely) and a later copy of Anthos (the mirtok map is unfortunately from the time I was banned for duping so very early in the map’s history) and an earlier copy of Athera.

Oh Karik, sweet Karik, what happened to you?

Karik.jpg

Edited by BipolarMk2

5 hours ago, 501warhead said:

We don’t see eye to eye all the time @NotEvilAtAll and @Hobbs_Burrows but damn I’m happy we have a copy of this map. If it’s somewhat functional we can talk about it getting it available on our maps for download website. Thank you!

Can we see about getting Tythus to upload the last known copy he had? Allegedly he showed BNK it ages back. If it exists on some hard-drive in storage, it’ll have a lot of old artifacts like Hanseti, Arethor, more of original Haelunor and other notable stuff like NekoDanie’s dragon island, Bellus Turris and the last rendition of Menocress that Dusk & co worked on.

I can’t find the status update/post BNK made but he claimed that Tythus showed/let him explore that map presumably when BNK was still on the staff. That would be a real diamond in the rough.

That being side, hot FUG. bless your soul @NotEvilAtAll you’re truly a champion of the people

edit:

27 minutes ago, BipolarMk2 said:

Oh you beautiful bastard, I’ma get so high on this nostalgia trip. Now all I need is a map of Aegis (highly unlikely) and a later copy of Anthos (the mirtok map is unfortunately from the time I was banned for duping so very early in the map’s history) and an earlier copy of Athera.

https://files.lordofthecraft.net/maps/

The Anthos backup is not the best but for Athera, a lot of the stuff is where it was. There wasn’t too much crazy stuff being rebuilt. Most nations were pretty stagnant in their builds if I remember correctly

27 minutes ago, Heero said:

The Anthos backup is not the best but for Athera, a lot of the stuff is where it was. There wasn’t too much crazy stuff being rebuilt. Most nations were pretty stagnant in their builds if I remember correctly

The entire dwarf area was remodeled a month or so after I quit. My old build (the Tunnelsmasher clan hall which later got changed into a new housing district) along with the rear two thirds of Kal’whatever were removed in their entirety.

Also it looks like the interior of Karik was gutted in this save of Asulon ? fortunately the Tunnelsmasher district is still entirely intact (inc my house), going to see if I can find Kal’Dwain.

Aaaaand Kal’Dwain is in the corrupted sections of the map. RIP. Asulon Cloud Temple is still my favorite cloud temple. I mean look at this thing.

Asulon Cloud Temple.png

Edited by BipolarMk2

27 minutes ago, BipolarMk2 said:

The entire dwarf area was remodeled a month or so after I quit. My old build (the Tunnelsmasher clan hall which later got changed into a new housing district) along with the rear two thirds of Kal’whatever were removed in their entirety.

Also it looks like the interior of Karik was gutted in this save of Asulon ? fortunately the Tunnelsmasher district is still entirely intact (inc my house), going to see if I can find Kal’Dwain.

Aaaaand Kal’Dwain is in the corrupted sections of the map. RIP. Asulon Cloud Temple is still my favorite cloud temple. I mean look at this thing.

Asulon Cloud Temple.png

RIP kal dwain

1 hour ago, Heero said:

That being side, hot FUG. bless your soul @NotEvilAtAll you’re truly a champion of the people

Please thank @Hobbs_Burrows instead of me. This is his world save, not mine. I was the person who accidentally discovered it was a full map of Asulon instead of just Branborough, but I still don’t deserve full credit for this discovery.

I’m so happy

I’d pay an arm and a leg to get some spotlights of old cities come and gone if anyone was willing.

I did not think to get an entire working save of Asulon at the time, but I am glad you are all enjoying it.

I have another surprise though, here is the download link to a fully intact save of Aegis. The only issues are that the human cities are in ruins and covered in netherrack, as this was a snapshot of the map in its final days. It even still has the contents of every chest saved (so you can go around and see who was spawning stuff in)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q6nyj99sz73ke2/aegis_original.rar?dl=0