Goodbye Blacklists, Hello New Ban Protocol

What were we trying to accomplish with Blacklists?

Blacklists were originally another option to punish rule-breaking, as opposed to banning and removing a player from the server. The motive behind this was to offer players a chance to stay on the server so they can still roleplay with their friend's communities while learning from their previous actions.

Why are we now removing them? 

The community expressed its dislike for the current blacklist system, explaining how most would rather have taken a ban over blacklists. We can achieve the goal we had in mind during the implementation of blacklists by instead talking with the players, hopefully seeing cooperation from them and seeing to it that they don’t make a similar mistake as before.

What happens if I am currently blacklisted? 

The blacklist will be changed to a warning pertaining to the rule(s) you broke that was responsible for your blacklist. This means the next time you repeat a similar rule break, a ban will be handed out. It is, for this reason, you will be watched more closely by staff. 

What do you mean the new ban system? 

The previous ban system was reliant on ban lengths that scaled with each repeated infraction, starting at 0-3 days for the smallest offence with a player who previously was clean. These repetitive short-term bans teach nothing, aside from giving the player a short break, where they usually return to their old behaviour and possibly break another rule. The planned system moving forward looks to combat this issue by prioritizing discussion first rather than starting with a warning and following up with a ban. 

How will the new system work?

Players will be given two chances before bans are enforced - the first chance being a discussion with a Moderator, the second chance being an official warning - the initial ban will start at a longer length compared to the initial ban from the previous ban system for this reason. Any bans following after the first ban gradually increase until a verdict is to be discussed by the Administration. (Refer to the information below.)
_6-A5Pir-XH7v1lP0TASoLvDpTq4vO-KU6NKNsP_

With the introduction of ‘Admin Review’ verdicts, indefinite bans have been scrapped. When a player has reached this point, The situation will be discussed to see whether or not an admin ban is necessary. These have no set length and must be appealed to the admins.

good.

edit; bad

Edited by frill
staff ruin their own system episode 96

Nothing like a clear, simple and color coded spreadsheet.

zi8o9HJ.png

In all seriousness though ideally this is a good system and a good step forward, having mods actually talk with players (preferably in vc, tired of mods being afraid or unwilling to communicate with players even if they're undesirables) and those involved in the situation will help get rid of what seems to be knee jerk reactions from mods when nobody involved want any punishments. We’ll see how it goes, here’s to hoping though.

I understand Flam addressed this in a a previous post though I think it should still be relevant to reference the Lore Protocol that it now follows the same system as seen on this post; 

Sending you to this spreadsheet: 

e8fd7667bda5e6a5785d671cbdf1339d.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CfcRmqGjhCQ8QBiu71a5-ZRguCutOuqXvXudeHLeh_0/edit#gid=0

With all this being posted do these new systems clean slate anyone who have been a previous offender and now will be categorized as a first offender?

When did we forget this is a minecraft server? 

When will you remove the content moderation on those silenced on the forums for speaking out against the staff? @Telanir

what do you specifically qualify as a discord issue

25 minutes ago, Harrison said:

what do you specifically qualify as a discord issue

I’d like to know this as well

1 hour ago, Harold said:

When did we forget this is a minecraft server? 

When will you remove the content moderation on those silenced on the forums for speaking out against the staff? @Telanir

^^^

3 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I understand Flam addressed this in a a previous post though I think it should still be relevant to reference the Lore Protocol that it now follows the same system as seen on this post; 

Sending you to this spreadsheet: 

e8fd7667bda5e6a5785d671cbdf1339d.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CfcRmqGjhCQ8QBiu71a5-ZRguCutOuqXvXudeHLeh_0/edit#gid=0

With all this being posted do these new systems clean slate anyone who have been a previous offender and now will be categorized as a first offender?

i disagree with ooc magic trading there, should be revoked all magics from both parties at 2nd offense

This is cool and all... But how about that response to my forum topic eh?

Halt the salt-posting; I’d rather not lock the thread. If you have criticism make it well, or not at all.

4 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I'm quite interested in this question being answered as well given several that were slapped with blacklists have a history of bans or wrongdoings. Seeing this post stating of just tossing them a mere warning seems like nothing in all honesty. I would like a response to this question also have the reasons for the decision or clarity on it. @Pun