[Your View] ARCAS - Sense of Completeness

Lukariatias

Another problem, one that could make fast travel less necessary: where did all our soul stone slots go? Back in Athera, I had five soul stone slots. I could warp around and visit all the important places I had to. Now we get two slots, have to vote for a third, and have to buy temporary extra slots that we lose if we die. What’s the point?

Heck, maybe instead of giving us more slots again, could just revamp the soul stone system so you can warp to any pillar you’ve visited previously.

Edited by JuniperSelkie

There is an unfinished Orcish city next to Krugmar, which has been around since the start of the map.  I believe that the backstory of Arcas is that it is inhabited by native Orcs, or atleast the savanna and the city is. And by Clan Rax, at that, who was defeated a long time ago.  This could be a very interesting event, but not only has it been completely neglected and not been organized by the Orcs, the Orcs all together have had embarrassingly few events done for them. I hope the Orcs get atleast 1 big event, or have one of our active community members given the role of Actor so they can do some Orc themed events.  Otherwise, the RPers of the Orc community will get bored and log off, and the PVPers will keep hosting raids and get even bigger. 

On 9/21/2019 at 8:37 PM, UgBrainHurty said:

On a serious note. I’d like to see maps more like Axios. As where ever you’d go, which direction you’d take, you’d eventually come across some sort of a fun, even if it was just a little place on the map. Perhaps like a broken caravan in the middle of somewhere, or something along the lines of that.

What the hell Axios map were you playing on.

I’m a bit late on this whole discussion but moving farther away from what Axios was is a good idea. It was by far the worst map LoTC ever had in my time here.

I’d recommend ya’ll make things that are explore-able but have a narrative to them, not just ‘abandoned building in the middle of nowhere’. Even if it’s small. But otherwise the map size/layout is pretty good. Arcas isn’t perfect but the staff have done a relatively good job imo.

A large part of the completeness of a map is letting history play out. Most of the time abandoned cities are just //set 0 and deleted, instead of letting the map become aged as it is used through the year(s) most of the player-built things are not allowed to mature and are either deleted or a new map comes out.

Atlas was my favorite map due to the historical landmarks, open-ended exploratory world events, and the fact that it was about the right size in that it wasn’t super spread out like Vailor and Axios but also wasn’t super small and close together like Athera, though I personally even preferred Athera’s style to the super large maps (note that I started playing during Athera, so there is also nostalgia to factor in there). Arcas really just feels a bit bear. It has some ruins, but most aren’t as complex, interesting, compelling, expansive, or important to events as they were in Atlas. I likely spent well over a hundred or two hundred hours just exploring the southern part of the world in Atlas, looking at all the old Vaeyl ruins and trying to map out all of the darkways entrances and the locations of the keystones. The only thing I didn’t like about the Vaeyl event line was that it should have been able to be run by multiple ET members so that it would be more easily interacted with by interested parties. Frankly, whether it be for this map or the next,  I think it would be good to put in another open ended, investigatory event to keep people invested and immersed in the world, and then write up story guides for various events and areas so that any ST Actor can run it. But that’s just my two cents, so take it as you will.

WE NEED MORE SWAMPS!

I think we definitely need more swamps and like spooky areas! We literally only have one spooky area in the whole map!

Also add more stuff to the roads, they are just bland forest paths.

As a new player my biggest pet peeve was the post signs at the first crossroad you come to after leaving CT region, taking the south road. The sign is just confusing because of the layout: how arrows point both ways. I just think it’s best if you guys would have two diffrent post and have one facing only one way with one arrow so the dummy like me can’t misunderstand it.

Or delete that middle sign and make two signs on top of each sign with city name and have the arrows point at the correct direction instead. 

image.png.c8461eb7d924476e53f8486eb72caa9c.png

If you see here, I thought left would take me to Sutica because the arrow starts at sutica sign and head points left. It was other way around and I didn’t find this until I found myself at Fenn for the second time. 

There are many roads that are labeled “differently” and this extends to the namings of regions and cities in the Wiki. They are confusing the map of Arca is out of date if I’m correct. So As a new player, I’m still confused about what city is where. 

P.S. I think having only custom trees in the world is great because it looks like more effort’s put in to it. I think the vanilla trees are ugly.

Edited by angella302

im bored of the map’s looks

On 9/25/2019 at 6:55 PM, Fimlin said:

A large part of the completeness of a map is letting history play out. Most of the time abandoned cities are just //set 0 and deleted, instead of letting the map become aged as it is used through the year(s) most of the player-built things are not allowed to mature and are either deleted or a new map comes out.

this is important btw

i just remember people begging for a smaller map so it doesn’t fill with empty builds with long walks between them like last map but here we are again, just a little less bad but ultimately the same