[✗] [Lore] Compilation of Player Strength Cannon

dard

Something like physical strength shouldn’t be strictly defined and I am of the strong belief that this is neither beneficial towards dynamic roleplay, nor is it enforceable. People and creatures do not come in 5 distinct sizes. Also, your responses to people’s feedback has been frankly awful. You have a really bad attitude and it’s not helpful in the least.

58 minutes ago, Dardonas said:

Good feedback boss, yes, why didn’t I think that players couldn’t understand the concept of roleplaying – rather the playing of roles.  Too much for their small brains to comprehend that playing the role of a serf means that you would opt not to be wearing armor that is worth more than your stick hut! Foolish, how foolish of me truly! Thank you for showing me the light.  

Sorry bro, I forgot to account for the completely static and undynamic nature of LOTC that prevents Serfs from ever making more than 3 minas a year no matter how hard they work or how lucky they get. It is completely sensical for a character to be forced to sign up with a guard force, train with a weapon for years, or otherwise double their physical capabilities before they are able to don gear that takes no skill to operate and would’ve been feasible for them to use before their training.

In the event that a Nation’s government provides the poor with armor in exchange for fighting in warclaims (something that has NEVER HAPPENED on LOTC, obviously), the Serfs would still be unable to use the gear so generously given to them. They’d be smitten by GOD himself for daring to do so much as put on an iron helmet. This is completely sensical and roleplay-friendly.

And of course, it is well known that all non-Knightly persons falling under the Serf classification are completely impoverished. Merchants, Craftsmen, and Shop-owners all live in stick huts. If you were to log online to LOTC right now and travel to the nearest city, you’d find all the housing for non-warrior peoples to be crude huts glued together with earwax instead of any more reasonable housing for persons with decent non-military income. It is obvious that none of these city-slicker commoners could ever afford a 50 minas set of armor, no matter how much they save.

Looks like the problem that people are having with the serf class is that the assessment of their strength is tied to their presumed socioeconomic status. Should they be wearing plate armor? If people want to rp the character’s social status accurately, then probably not. On the other end of things, a noble might be in poorer physical state but still wear a suit of plate due to them having the means to pay for such a thing. Mages could fit into either category, though my biased personal view is that they should be limited to gambesons and leather (at high tiers) to balance out their potential strengths.

tl;dr: There are a lot more variables to account for in any strength-defining system like this. Not a bad idea overall though.

you forget that a serf might very well end up being stronger than one trained in military prowess; his life is spent in work, in the fields, in the quarries. His very body is carved out by his lifetime of work, of suffering. 

This was only a comment, but I find that this, over-all, is limiting, albeit confusing and un-necessary. 

The issue here is purely the implementation of this and the upkeep of trying to enforce something on every individual character to where they are sorted into these specific groups and must follow this.  The reality of it is this is just complicating a unique part of a character more than it really needs to be. If I had to choose between the system of current and this, the current I would prefer far more even with it's flaws. 

Where is the app format to apply for golem strength on my dwarf mage?

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.