[✗] [Aengudaemon Lore] - Vicindis - Daemon of Ash

Ztrog

Origin/Background

9guWt-du7P7aWMyA6lblRYJbPCIfgAfZym_vBMc4h55k0nuER7j8z9tTjuSonCFAfjHJxSbGZ7EA-ny2G0HCa3Utk_DKnz6Hh5XIRseiwMx3qur0ZzY4ZEGebHCxquF8Z1gDsSsB

Origin/Background

There are many Aengudaemons in the world, some are known, many are unknown. One of these unknown Aengudaemons is Vicindis, the daemon of Ash and Rebirth. Daemons have been around the world for so long that many cannot even count the years. Vicindis first came to being from ash itself within a domain within the hellscape known as the Smoldering Abyss. 

Not long after his birth, his immortal gaze was drawn to the mortal realm of man. The putrid smell of corruption heavy within the ones who sat above their fellow kin. The nobility, the ones who controlled their brethren. Watching them as they send their soldiers off to die in battle they would not fight in themselves. Vicindis chose the form of a falcon that was set ablaze by the sin of humanity he could feel from his sub domain in the nether. His intentions unclear he would bring new life from the ashes. This would be the beginning of raising the souls from the ash of the fallen, taking them into his domain of the Smoldering Abyss.

Realm

The realm of Vicindis is not for the faint of heart, it is a domain within the Smoldering Abyss, festering with souls set aflame serving their master. This realm is called the Ashen Lands, where lost souls are taken by Vicindis to gain relief. The land stretches far with soil made of the ash and flames burning high. Volcanoes darting across the lands, the smoldering smoke blotting out the hellish sky above. It is a limbo for miles upon miles until you reach the Nest of Cinders. Souls brought into the Ashen Lands shall receive new life from the Nest, where Vicindis resides watching the mortal realm.

9MXmWsJG5lO_pL7-hIhj_y527FCLbdNUvf2TSFKC8l9JHkc8TZKgwW0bw-wWUsm39pLfGtsyQuiYm568X8WcICTp1cDnvEP9HnEVnDSWToaR6tmAOT4J01hlKoXAT1_RhR9IHDOS

Following

With the state of Vicindis being a daemon of Ash and Rebirth he has had a following before, but none has been greater to him than The Order of the Blazing Falcon. This order was destroyed multiple times but has rose from the ashes beginning anew like that of the souls taken by Vicindis. One chosen by the Daemon of Ash and Rebirth to be his prophet is the All-Father. The All-Father will lead the order into the direction that Vincindis wishes. 

For faithful service through praise and sacrifice of souls to Vicindis will be given boons through a ritual. They will be given immunity or high resistance to flames while having the body heat like that of a reptile. Having a severe weakness to the cold, and the risk of even being killed if not kept in the warmth.  The other boon one may gain through a ritual is to gain the eyesight of the falcon. They will gain improved eyesight like that of a bird of prey. At the downfall of not being able to see close to them without blurry vision, and have orange glowing eyes. For only the most faithful to him, through much sacrifice will Vicindis allow a mortal a direct connection to his magic

Present Day

Vicindis still keeps to The Ashen Lands, while using illusionary images to speak to his followers. Using his All-Father to progress his plans to bring more souls into his subdomain inside the nether. He watches the progress of his followers closely to ensure they stay true to the path he has set before them. As they continue to sacrifice and gain more followers in his name he slowly gains more power. He waits for the day he can gain enough power, for now, he simply watches. 

Purpose

The purpose of Vicindis is bringing the idea of rebirth in things on a bigger scale, I have no seen many things to show that within LOTC. I think this will be a good addition to the lore that other people can feel free to use. It is something I don't believe I have seen within the lore of LOTC, the idea of rebirth after death in one's soul has not been used before. I think it can also be a great source for future events because of the Ashen Lands as well. 

Edited by Ztrog
grammar fix

We love demons +1

I think it’s a good concept! But I also think that it could use some more refining. Mainly if this daemon interferes with descendants often, how is it still an unknown? Since it has had an order that was destroyed. Some questions need to be answered, like who destroyed the order? Along with the year/realm it was destroyed?  In all I think it just needs some more detail fleshing it out so that it can be picked up by a ET or something, currently it’s a good start. +1 for a really cool idea tho!

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.