Sign in to follow this  
Demented_Delila

The Hanging Chicken Epidemic

[!] Block stamped missives would be posted about several places through the city, nary an imperfection to be seen. It seemed another clinic missive had been posted!

——————————

7th of the Deep Cold, 1735

Blessed Citizenry of Haelun’or and favored friends of the state,

It has come to my attention as of late that there is an individual, or group thereof, who seem to lack a moral conscience in the regards in which they conduct their protest. It is laughable to even call it a protest, it is rampant and reckless ideology that could get people sick.  This act, this person to whom I refer... is none other then the one who hangs dead chickens about our beloved Laureh’thilln.

It is despicable this blatant disregard for public health and safety this individual shows. The manner of these actions, however, shed a very different light. Chickens, beheaded or heads in tack, nailed or hung in all manner of places. They have had their bellies opened and stuffed full of beets. It is this inhumane display that shows a displaced perpetrator, one disturbed deeply by something that they must act out in such a way. 

This can invite pestilence. It attracts parasites to grow and fester and breed, only to repeat the cycle. It invites flies and other insects that feast upon decomposing flesh. A dead chicken upsets the balance of the natural order of this city. An open invitation  to parasites and a breeding ground for disease.  

To the one who hangs the chickens.... I say it now- I implore you to cease your actions, for they are impure. They are a radically liberal idea to strike fear and cause chaos. There is no chaos to revel in when you breed disease in a city famous for being clean- only anger. Cease and come to us in private and you will be submitted to re-education, for it is clear to my eyes that you are disturbed.

To the citizenry, any further chickens to be found should be reported to the Sillumiran. Do not engage with them unless a physician is nearby with gloves, no matter for what reason you think or give to handle it. Don’t touch it, don’t pick it up, don’t even think to put your face near it. It invites the travel of both disease and parasite.

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya

Signed, 

Head Physician Dele Seregon

Uppori Visaj would think back to the feathers and beets that were shoved in her wine barrel... She shivered with fear and disgust.

Baelithar looked at the missive with a look of confusion. "If this is what passes for concern in Haelun'or, they are certainly more pampered than I expected."

14 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

Baelithar looked at the missive with a look of confusion. "If this is what passes for concern in Haelun'or, they are certainly more pampered than I expected."

“— … or simply civil.” sighed an Uradir, not in retort to the individual. He was, in fact, just finishing a lecture..

Sulraell cluck”

Matthias proceeds to try and pluck the feathers from the dead chickens, in order to make arrows for the Warzone. A wispy feather drifts across his nose, causing a small tickle.

“Ah-Ah-Kerchoo!”

Matthias Rutledge sneezes, sniffles, and wipes his nose with a handkerchief, realizing that he should probably stop touching the dead chickens and go wash his hands.