Lendianism, or Sigmundic Canonism

yopplwasupxxx

RGnGdG9Nxs7DBOcLjjKLi7-TzJuhuauZCwf1RmtJU7KLKRFw7AJ54f2KFEn3JjcmExolArm3EefOfYEVcrxeGDd2ah2FVig6bFR3Ck4BYpQ7Ppqh5zPWqTfMmeQH0WKGEcHtq9wQ

ON THE LENDIAN RITE (LENDIANISM), OR SIGMUNDIC CANONISM

BY

VZESLAW GRAISWALD

AND

CETIBOR THE TARCHARMAN

-----------------------

Author’s Note

I dedicate this work, and its contents, most humbly in service to the Prophet Segimondes, the Master of Time, in holy obedience to Godan the Emperor of Emperors. In this, I open with prayer to His servant,

O Prophet Sigismund, adorned with angelical manners,

Although I am thy unworthy servant,

I recommend to thee in a special manner,

For the clarity of my soul and mind;

I conjure thee, by thy angelic wisdom,

To commend me to fellow Prophets of the Law,

The flaming sword of righteous of His Will,

And to the ever-seeing Master, the King of Kings, Lord of All Emperors.

Preserve me from every grievous sin;

Never suffer me to sully my soul with any impurity;

Whenever thou seest me in darkness or stupidity,

Ward off from me every impure thought, and awaken within me the knowledge of eternity.

Imprint deeply in my heart the sentiment of fear of God,

Inflame me with divine love,

In order that by imitating thee on earth,

I may merit to enjoy His Love with thee in the Skies Above.

O most glorious Prophet Sigismund,

Who hast been honored by the Scrolls through life pure and righteous,

I come before thee to preserve our body of men,

To guide us into the correct choice and holy deed.

O perfect exemplar, kind and powerful patron,

How great is my need of thee!

The world and demon try to ensnare man with unclear thoughts;

I am conscious of the arbor of my humanity, I know full well the ignorance of us.

Who shall be able to keep me safe if not thou,

O Prophet of Wisdom, the glory and honor,

The loving guide of all rulers?

To thee, therefore, I have recourse with all my soul, to thee I commit myself with all my heart.

I hereby resolve, promise and desire to be especially devout,

To glorify thee by imitating thy extraordinary virtues,

To copy thy example,

And to promote the devotion to thee among my peers.

O dear Prophet Sigismund,

Do thou guard and defend me always,

In order that, under thy protection and following thy example,

I may be able to join with thee in seeing and praising my Godan forever.

So Say We All.

---

The Lendian Rite - Introduction

The Lendian Rite is the distinct set of rituals, prayers, liturgy, and Creatorist doctrines developed in the Old Highlands following the Great Torrent and the Northern Crusades of the 700 to 600 AES . Its namesake comes from Bionn Lendus, famous holymen and knight during the time period, who preached in the Hunnik-Waldorf basin of the Old Raev and Hanseti and famously defeated the pagan armies of Rulfr at the Siege of the Lahy in 623 AES.

The Lendian Rite is most commonly seen in Ruskan Orthodoxy (which is one of the largest branches of churches using the liturgy), and much of the theological jargon is borrowed from ancient Aegean Raev. It experienced a golden age during the Carrion Vochna, spearheaded by the theological works of St Bogdan the Great, St Diedrik the Barrowborn, and St Wilfrche Buron, with its followership peaking immediately after the Franciscan Massacre of 9 ES . In the years following, the Lendian Rite diminished in favour of the far more common Danielian Rite, and in the contemporary days its adherents number to paltry monastics, travelling merchants, and farmers living in the modern Hinterlands.

To track a true orthodoxy across all ancient sects of the medieval Highlander peoples would be nigh impossible- indeed, for many years the peoples of the free cities of the basin and the northern hinterlands followed many differing customs, and even well into the waning days of the Era of Heroes, the Ruskan strestsy had many wide customs considered not true ‘orthodoxy’ in today’s standards. What can be traced, however, is the prevalent theological beliefs, especially those of the dogmatic kind, and avoid away from the cultural saintry and political religion. The Lendian Rite, though many believing it a backwater consilidary of cultic tribalism, is in fact a rich theological basis which evolved in almost isolation in parallel to the mainstream Danielian Rite.

The core differences of the Lendian doctrines to that of Canonism can be boiled down to four main factors- conditional salvation versus predestination, the concept of Iovanos, a mystic form of Canonism involving hermeneutics of the scrolls and divination to the Skies, the special emphasis upon His Prophet Sigismund and the people in his life, and finally the figure known as the Ioranija, or the Fifth Prophet and messiah of mankind.

icl45n2BLdM5eV5U-QAKS9A11vowrBPhDoGdjCrsy-TNl0OXf9DYXTujjzomyts1utzdfIl6XOERbnjCz_2gSa0LxQwGBJas-pPNO8p7gE8vj4R4tuqyxyDJ5Tss_TYBkMbNnGGp

The Lendian Rite - Brief Note on Celestial Hierarchy

This work shall be making references to the planes of the Seven Skies by name, to which slightly differ when compared side-by-side with mainstream Canonist theology. Because of this, I have compiled a list of planes for easy viewing.

The First Sky - Yna

Holy Realm of the Non-Believers

The Second Sky - Byzenbor

Holy Realm of the Virtuous

The Third Sky - Akerlaniya

Holy Realm of the Priesthood

The Fourth Sky - Gyambor

Holy Realm of the Blessed

The Fifth Sky - Vizima

Holy Realm of the Saints

The Sixth Sky - Oryniya

Holy Realm of the Prophets

The Seventh Sky - Godanistiya

Holy Realm of Godan

The Lendian Rite - The Name ‘Godanistan’

The ancient Raevir used many terms for the Creator, including Godan, Jove, Gorund, but most notably, Godanistan. The term ‘Godanistan’ is a corruption of the Highlander name for the Seventh Sky ‘Godstinlund’, where early theologians used both interchangeably to mean both the Creator and the specific plane He inhabits. Even in modern theological studies, many scholars consider the Seventh Sky and Godan to be innately one in the same.

The Lendian Rite - The Five Great Days

To the core of liturgical celebration is five main ‘holy days’ to the Lendian, which form the basis of the religious holidays and days of obligation. These holidays are,

• Juliyeafest | Feast Day of St Julia and the Fifty Virgins or Day of Holy Love 

• Rortdey | Feast Day of St Amyas, Red Day, or Day of the Red Sticks 

• Jrothik | Feast Day of St Joren and St Tara

• Jakko | Feast Day of St Tobias the Pure or St Tuv’s Day

• Wielkey Sigmundi | Day of Accession or Sigismund’s Day

The Lendian Rite - A Short View on Hierarchy

Throughout the history of the Lendian Rite, a point of contention between the main body Canonist Pontificate and itself is the primacy of the pontiff over the temples following the Lendian Rite. Majority of, if not all, ordained Lendian men recognize in some capacity that the High Pontiff is the singular head of the faith and autocrat of the masses, though the liturgical and some doctrinal differences put such into question by critics, theologians, and schismatic apologists. Commonly, as done in the past for the Ruskan Orthodoxy sect, an archbishop or patriarch is chosen by the High Pontiff to better manage it as a whole and maintain its unique blend of ancient highlander traditions. This is not done regularly, however, and is entirely dependent upon the views of sectoral branches by the reigning pontiff.

The body of priests belonging to the Lendian Rite are called the Kleurus, and their structure is as follows:

• Acolytik | The Acolytes of the Faith

• Kaplan | The Priests of the Faith

• Episkop | The Bishops and Eparchs of the Faith

• Haucepiskop or Patriyark | The Archbishop and Patriarch of the Faith

The Lendian Rite - Cross of Husariya

The Cross of Husariya, commonly used as a symbol of traditional Ruskan Orthodoxy and all offshoots sharing the Lendian Rite, is pictured with three-bars instead of the common two. The top bar is the Seven Skies, made smaller to signify the purity and selectivity of those able to enter it, the middle bar is the largest and used to show the mortal plane, while the final bar is smaller and slanted to be used to symbolize the desolate Oblivion. This is used mainly as a symbol of faith, though the Lotharingen double-barred cross is still displayed.

The cross’ history dates early in the Northern Crusades of the 800s AES (around 600s by the common calendar) by Vekarimir Husariya, used by the early converts to creatorism following the slow conversion of the highlander people from paganism.

The Lendian Rite - Holy Unction and Baptism

The anointing of an individual, known as Holy Unction, is common in nearly all strains of Creatorist Rites, though in the Lendian Rite specifically is it regarded highly, where it is used specifically in introducing inductees into the faith as a form of baptism. Baptismal unction does not occur till adulthood for a faithful man or woman. In the traditional Lendian beliefs, the unction was done by the feces of a bird (commonly a pigeon or a crow), though this has faded out for the more-commonly practiced use of ashes or oil. Ashes, when used for baptismal unction, are those of a holy man or faithful ancestor of the individual being anointed. Typically following the ritual of baptismal unction, the individual anointed takes a Canonist name (dependent upon the culture).

Unction is also used as a form of healing and blessing by priests and parents to their followers and offspring respectively. Retiring priests with selected successor also perform unction in the blessing for the succeeding clergyman. During this ritual, it is common to hold a bird of one’s choosing, which symbolizes the presence of Godan during the sacrament.

The Lendian Rite - Dietary Laws

Birds in the traditional worship of the Lendian Rite are seen as the eyes and presence of Godan, who flies and watches from above. Because of this view, the consumption of flying birds are barred to followers, which includes all birds of prey, songbirds, and semi-aquatic such as geese and ducks. Flightless birds, such as chicken and turkey, are considered technically edible to the faithful Lendian, however such is still frowned upon and not done in excess.

---

Denial of Predestination and Prevenient Grace

A modern Lendian denies the concept of predestination as seen by Imperial theologists, viewing it as a denial of the ‘Eternal Promise’, or the sacred covenant made between His Prophet Horen and Godan, which could not be broken, even by Godan Himself. 

The Providence and Power of Godan cannot be questioned, and the promise of the Seven Skies to Humanity remains eternally unbroken by Him. Godan made covenant to man under His Prophet Horen, detailing pact between humanity and Him, allowing for the faithful to walk the Seven Skies in return for the love of His creation. This promise runs two-ways- while Godan keeps the heavenly gates open to his chosen race and His love for all, man must service both in faith and in good works. Righteous deeds, while they themselves are fruits of Godan’s ultimate goodness, must be freely chosen in addition to total hope in the Powers of Godan.

Righteous deeds stem from the Blessings of Godan, and it is faith in Godan in which good works are done. However, these Blessings cannot be received unless accepted fully accepting Godan in the individual’s life, yet fully accepting Godan cannot be done unless acting upon His Blessing. This metaphorical cycle, where faith precedes good work which precedes faith and so forth, called the Lendic Cycle or prevenient grace, is the cornerstone of moralist thinking in the Lendian Rite. It is both through action and word which total love to Godan is given and can man enter the Seven Skies.

Now most apologists of predestination will point to the omnipotence of Godan, and state, “For Godan is All-Powerful, He can break any covenant as is in His Power and Will.” But as the Lendian philosopher Lorik the Hansetian once retorted in letter to Pontiff Paul II, “What god is all-powerful that cannot make a promise that even He could keep?” To deny the covenant is to deny the very omnipotence of Godan Himself and His incomprehensible power.

---

Iovanos, the Gift of Human Divinity, and the Denial of Extraracial Salvation

In early theological debates, one of the main questions that came forth was, “How could humanity enter the Seven Skies?” The core of his answer is Godan’s ‘Eternal Promise’, concerned mainly with the power granted to humanity from said promise. From the writings of Lendian monk Kezlow Tomasovic,

“Iblees taint had wrought itself into the vestiges of the Descendents, yet He, the Most Merciful, Singular, and Omnipotent, gave Horen mercy and chance to walk amongst the very Creator of the Universe. But how could such a peon, one who fell to sin and drank from the sick chalice of wickedness, be able to enter peerhood with the celestial beings of Godan’s bosom? For how can the ignorant teach others? How can the licentious make others modest? And how can the impure make others pure? If anyone hates peace, how can he make others peaceable? Or if anyone has soiled his hands with baseness, how can he cleanse the impurities of another?

To be given such grace, one must have the capability to withstand it, to have the endurance able to behold Godan Himself. How can we, mere peon of the dirt, do this? Through Godan’s promise, we are elevated beyond the Descendent- through His Touch, we have been given divine essence, or as the Akritian labeled: Iovanos, the ‘Piece of the Aba’, which is our celestial key into the skies beyond.”

By Godan’s ‘Eternal Promise’, humans were granted the gift of divine essence, or Iovanos, which allows humans the capability to withstand the sheer power of Godan and be able to cross into the skies. However, to the Lendian, this divine essence is more than a mere gift, but a state of mind. It is believed, through the pursuit of monasticism, prayer, and devotion to Godan, one can tap into one’s Iovanos, and through it commit great feats. Saints, for instance, are said to have been ones to have tapped into this divine essence, doing miracles through their total surrender to Godan.

CcWQdRPQ-7jmAx1eJX9r_vf2XhM9j63uyWcNi4CFJHkKVGJ7ZE5cD5Jk5TDgepMCOyxKGvSR8swRyr6aSLX-VOpUalexl7s30KbcQmYFxCCd9BOAt4lDRSPQ_ii0z8ccWjbVw2Re

Extraracial Salvation and the Stynian Planes

Because this gift was given only to humanity, Lendians believe non-humans (excluding the mixed race such as halfings and ilds, see below) are barred from entry from a lack thereof of divine essence. Instead, if they are virtuous, they are sent to the limbo called Styniya, or the Stynian Planes, a limbo where they may eternally repent for the sins of their forefathers.

Salvation of the Mixed-Races

Like how the Curses of Iblees are carried from parent to child, so too, according to Lendianism, is the Blessing of Godan and Iovanos. The souls of the children of mixed race unions, while still cursed and sinful, are still given chance to enter to the Seven Skies along with their human parent, though considered harder with the stain of their parents’ sin. This includes races such as the ilds and halfings, who while having elven and dwarven blood respectively, are still able to enter the skies.

The Blessings and Gifts of Godan

Godan, through His covenant with Horen and Man, bestowed upon His chosen race a set of freely-received gifts, denied by the lesser descendents. These are as follows,

• Eldazoge | Self-Determination, or Blessing of the Freedom of Mind

• Eldkanyos | Self-Reliance, or Blessing of the Courage of Mind

• Eldraastey | Self-Assurance, or Blessing of the Endurance of Mind

• Borsaski | Fraternity, or Blessing of the Community of Mind

• Wielka | Faith, or Blessing of the Hope of Mind

The Four Virtues lead to the five Gifts of Godan, which are,

• Laska | Clemency, or the Denial of Krug’s Wroth

• Mylokeo | Chastity, or the Denial of Malin’s Lust

• Povteji | Poverty, or the Denial of Urguan’s Greed

• Vulkyus | Humility, or the Denial of Harren’s Pride

• Mauley | Loyalty, or the Denial of Iblees’ Ambition

---

Sigmund the Revelator and Segimondes the Prophet of Time

I1MyUg0TTd1VSEpoJaavI1nw4lAUxQHVanC69rbR5sq-l0Vm4vSMhBz0UseKoHS364aDvW58dUhj2HHif95T4Aw7YvAp4gRJq0NEgV_pKdwFUZzSKlAveEYj5TpX65kOQTUYD0Z-

The Divine Prophet of Time and Revelation

SIGMUND, the Man and Prophet, Chosen by Godan and Guided by the Comet, of the Second Son Joren’s Blood. On the Mortal Realm, Sigmund Sarkozic Carrion was a soothsayer, spiritual leader, noble lord, conqueror, emperor and unifier of mankind, and He who restored the True Faith from the grips of the last vestiges of pagan man. He was advised by numerous messengers and harbingers of Godan’s Will, from the Divine Tersion, to the Three Holy Women of Sigmund’s life, and to his followers, the Karovi. He received the Holy Comet Tohva from Godan following the destruction of the City of Aldersburg, and used the Divine Power of Godan to perform great miracles. He was revealed to by Godan the Scrolls of Revelation, which detailed the future destruction and restoration of Man and their full entry into the Seven Skies, and Sigmund prophesied the coming of the Final Prophet, the Ioranija, who would come to unite the world under the banner of Godan and end the rule of the Aengudaemons. Upon the completion of his Final Revelation from the Messenger Tesion, Sigmund ascended into the Seven Skies, and through the process of Holy Apotheosis, became fully divine in the Realm of Oryniya, the Sixth Sky.

In the Skies Above, Sigmund ascended as SEGIMONDES, the Prophet of Time and Revelation, and Living Mortal Aspect of Godan’s Will, joined by fellow Prophets. From his seat as a prophet, he is the patron of scholarship, wisdom, revelation, and the knowledge of the divine. Through his teachings in the Final Scroll, his mortal deeds inscribed by the Followers of the Prophet,  and the Great Bogdan Scroll of Bogdan the Wise, Sigmund leads his followers into achieving the state of Iovanos, or True Wisdom, and ensure their entrance into the Seven Skies.

Ivalyan, the Winter Trek

In the youth of Sigmund’s life, he went on a pilgrimage with a small group of followers through the northern hinterlands. This eight year trek, later to be known as the Ivalyan, or the Winter Trek, is now considered a holy act of pilgrimage. Many Lendians follow the path of Sigmund and his journey through the lands of Edel, mimicking him in an attempt to achieve Iovanos.

Tohva, the Holy Comet

During Sigmund’s Ivalyan, he followed the great comet which guided him from town to town. This comet, known as Tohva, or the ‘Golden One’, was a sign of Godan sent by Him to guide Sigmund upon his accession to prophethood. The comet later crashed into the city of Aldersburg, destroying it completely, from which Sigmund ended his trek and began his rule as emperor. The comet itself is considered holy, and touching it is said to enable one more easily to tap into their divine essence.

The Holy Apotheosis of Segimondes

When Sigmund ascended into the Sixth Sky, he shed his mortal form in  the process known as Holy Apotheosis, becoming Segimondes, the Prophet of Time and Revelation. Through it, Sigmund is effectively divided into Sigmund the Man and Segimondes the Prophet, though are still one in the same. They are therefore separated but in equal, indivisible parts, united in a single spiritual body.

The Three Holy Mothers

Three different, holy and pure women guided and tended to Sigmund’s side throughout his life, named Anya the Great Mother, Helaine the Red Mother, and Lorin the Golden Mother. Anya was Sigmund’s earthly mother, who raised him following the early death of his father, and instilled within him the zeal of Godan. Helaine was the great earthly wife of Sigmund, who bore him two of his holy sons and kept holy to Godan and His Will. And finally, Lorin the Golden was Sigmund’s mistress, a pious and pure woman saved from the clutches of a deadly marriage, and brought to the light by the Prophet and bore a holy son.

olxJLO6qoVQEadAybbMcCVdoTJv-cPAdMm1BqRcxkKyksumGx0Q664V7gMiLjoPFW04iSx1SQN77RulkYleIK3S3qVp9WfvYgzG7PDaYehl_J4q6QMma0KHIimHaIY3jcW1WyfOs

ANYA THE GREAT MOTHER | HAUCSMAMEJ

Anya Jvirovas Titun

The Great Mortal Mother of the Prophet Sigmund

hri9iJhuDd9m93Wn1-3IQsE0w5mDYZQR1Hb-aZdqdZ-MKecn2Zf_Ng3ai6fv0tUUO_5s6n62_T-opJe28VkfQhvHgrCLva9gIhwsmWSAF-Cm5TDBcA7dh-WO07TlSra0mGsN1yN9

HELAINE THE RED MOTHER | ROTSMAMEJ

Helaine Arjovas Sarkoz

The Great Mortal Wife of the Prophet Sigmund

6UPFOjNit7QV_2aDUwBduXRfVXQp63gZBqIXo8dt8vDncqq1zV60I1rjvDhn80RSnrHi-kEVyAbWx-G09P0iU3pg_uW2UE0su6cgwMfreC0oG2Bdm0ocZjz05pgs_QcrIL58POZ1

LORIN THE GOLDEN MOTHER | GELTSMAMEJ

Lorin Kantovas Chivay

The Great Mortal Maiden of the Prophet Sigmund

The Three Holy Sons

In life, Sigmund had many sons, however only three eventually rose to replace the voids filled by the deaths of His Holy Women. These three, known as Franz the Great Martyr, Otto the Terrible and True, and Tuv Rosebud, are the Holy Successors, and through their deeds, facilitated the will of the prophet and therefore Godan.

FG7MoAob_rOCZ8Vpw8zz0fxRVK0bdSW0G1C1e5Z_D_HBuhjrxSwfoSWz1ifZ7RXJS-2giHAQhTtvzQ2CEx1WvN-OjMICVlS7QFF7wIJ2TluzX58rhbLR2zzmsfEqRn2dgsP5hGzv

FRANZ THE GREAT MARTYR | HAUCMARTEY

Franz Josef Sigmuvar Carrion

The Great Martyr-Son

KvO9M0Mn-df38oSgIfxUqov6L0Ir8vVs0eXZvCsmVWfHASkr4CDo0gUQS_tEv8XgXzY5qHmhZgwzO6Ms-8rDA1HBCKc9QE5An69vvW3VTt3ULtKP26b_ceS2EOtNjROLCi935Ccu

OTTO THE TERRIBLE AND TRUE | OTTO LORUDZ AG VANDUD

Otto Sigmuvar Carrion

The Great Conqueror-Son

1vT-mURJKD95Kjix4R5wqg5yfUWX1Mu3I1DzRRUNTvj3r6_M_i1wgRF8yBRkKwRxMJonVU3L6gLbRic5ED3ApzIkoPpkCUNUN7O5AFXbSr1MhzmLuwgp58bK0qrQIMRtbenlM--l

TUV ROSEBUD | TUV RUZBOED

Tuv Sigmuvar Carrion

The Golden Son

---

Ioranija, the Fifth Prophet, and the Apocalypse

Contained within the Final Scroll and the Revelations of Sigmund is the multiple prophecies of the Final Prophet, known as the Ioranija. In his revelations, Sigmund reveals the destruction of mankind and the earth by the rebel aengudaemon forces, and how a man would rise to lead Man in victory to the Seven Skies. He would unite the world under the banner of Humanity, and through his work, seal Oblivion from existence and ensure all of mankind’s future within promised planes. Though there are many hints and clues towards who shall be the Fifth Prophet, the exact individual is unknown, and many Lendians search throughout the land to find one which fulfills all the destined prophecies and facilitate the final reconciliation of humanity.

Numerous other prophecies exist, however here are some of the core which appear on most lists,

• HE who will end the Age of Non-Man and bring the Age of Godan;

• HE who will take the heart of the lion and the mind of the wyrm yet deny both for the Love of Godan;

• HE who will love his mother yet deny her machinations;

• HE who will love his father yet deny his vice; 

• HE who will cut the Tree of Magick and carve from it the Tools of Rationality;

• HE who will be born of no man yet of Man;

• HE who will love none yet love All;

• HE who will listen to the words of man and speak in turn the Words of Godan;

• HE who will slay the King Malin and burn the Crown of Leaves upon the Fury of Godan;

• HE who will slay the Lord Urguan and grind the Throne of Obsidian upon the Humility of Godan;

• HE who will slay the Chief Krug and dull the Axe of Vengeance upon the Forgiveness of Godan;

• HE who will defeat the Greatest of Foes and seal Oblivion from the souls of man;

• The DENIER OF VICE and the ACCEPTOR OF VIRTUE, who will Rise from the West and Set in the East;

• HE who will be born of Five Stars, under the eyes of the Fifth Season;

NJSxIXAjem4bUhg8NxM9YmvZ1l3kPvy8qtlCUa2AR7FwAUhY_j5bCUPOis1W_230JJzquvIt-iLnTkPwGWgRW9VXrMfLcP-ky-zRHtEOmhUsusOpjFQLdfxh0uzYnLuAzD0GKgTL

A man of great faith keels over in the most strange of manners, screaming, “The fogs disapparate, the winds agone — an age of Gods and miracles has once again been forsworn!

LEAVE! BUT WEEP! FOR AS OLDEN PROPHECIES HAVE SPOKEN, THE DEAD MEN WILL MOURN!”

falling shortly thereafter into a madness of the highest order.