[✗] [Aengudaemon Lore] - Dresdrasil, Daemon of Abundance

JuniperSelkie

6 minutes ago, Jentos said:

Yeah no, leave this as it is. No need to ruin something by explaining it. The fear of the unknown is much more powerful, and to reduce an entity to this lore piece would be... Detrimental.

As much as I would like to do that, given new lore guidelines, and the widespread shelving of lore due to the lore games, I don’t believe that is a possibility. Deific entities have a very clearly defined format they are now required to adhere to from a lore writing standpoint. A simple paragraph stating that she exists isn’t enough anymore.

1 minute ago, JuniperSelkie said:

As much as I would like to do that, given new lore guidelines, and the widespread shelving of lore due to the lore games, I don’t believe that is a possibility. Deific entities have a very clearly defined format they are now required to adhere to from a lore writing standpoint. A simple paragraph stating that she exists isn’t enough anymore.

You dont need lore to praise an entity. Weird **** happens in the sea? “huh i read this thing about this unfathomable creature of the depths, why dont we make a shrine y’know????????” 

3 minutes ago, Jentos said:

You dont need lore to praise an entity. Weird **** happens in the sea? “huh i read this thing about this unfathomable creature of the depths, why dont we make a shrine y’know????????” 

You might not need lore to praise an entity, but it certainly helps. If I simply wanted to praise some non-existent creature of the fathoms, I would hardly have expanded on her original lore.

Likewise, her having fleshed out lore shouldn’t influence your in character reactions regarding her, whether it’s one paragraph, or a proper lore post. If your character is terrified of ancient sea entities, they should be afraid of her wither you oocly know things about her or not.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:47 AM, Jentos said:

Yeah no, leave this as it is. No need to ruin something by explaining it. The fear of the unknown is much more powerful, and to reduce an entity to this lore piece would be... Detrimental.

I agree with this, mysteriousness is far more interesting 

@Tennallar

I made a bunch of edits and such using the recommendations and feedback that you left last time! Hopefully this version makes more sense.

This gives the deity (pardon my pun) real depth. There still remains mystery, in my opinion, on her machinations or why she chose to do one thing or another. But quantifying the entire lore as bad just because Dresdrasil now has more definition is just... silly. There are unfathomable things still within the oceans that only she would be aware of.

This post gives those who worship her a more intricate and defined culture to work with, instead of just a nebulous Lovecraftian, C’thulu-like horror that’s unknowable and unseen forever, and has no other actual aspects to it OTHER than “it’s a mystery, wooOOOoo!”

+1

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.