Procession of the Haeseni Coronation

yopplwasupxxx

gScO_GWB9vGRB08i3z2QGGBKudrhKOAxNcNfjb0n9emnJa3gPV9VgBkZ15vPIKUL54_DGjflB2xRCv3jtrLxOj1zlkfP48KpdUBzIOElRptCn5562d0Lf59asKC6J5OV0AcY8u15

AN EXAMINATION ON THE PROCESSION OF THE HAESENI CORONATION
BY
ROBERT NOZICK

Introduction

In all kingdoms, emirates, rajahs, shahdoms, and those states with monarchical heads, there maintains a tradition of ritual coronation and enthronement, in symbolic and legal investiture of a new head of state. These affairs, one of great symbolism and pomp, are of great importance to both the nation and church, conferring both the legal authorities of the state and the mediatrix of clerical powers in ruling with their god’s favor. In a singular head do the heavens and earth meet, in divine recognition of the sovereign and their nation, and with it, the vestigial authority over the people.

Haense maintains a ritual coronation, which has evolved through hundreds of years of tradition and cultural practices. Traditionally, the ceremony is ascribed to Saint Joren’s coronation in Edel in the Classical Era, and later, the elaborate coronation of Sigmund as King of Ruska in the late 20s ES. The procession may be split into four main sections, each with their own subdivisions,

1. Oath and Royal Proclamation

1. Speaker’s Opening Address

2. Oath before the Duma

3. Piercing of the Nipple

4. Investiture of the Royal Offices

2. Baptism and Anointment

1. Liturgy and Mass

2. Baptism of the Sovereign and Consort

3. Baptism of the Lords and Laypeople

4. Anointment of the Sovereign

3. Coronation

1. Presentation of the Regalia

2. Presentation of the Crown and Crowning of the Sovereign

3. Crowning of the Consort

4. Enthronement and Noble Homage

1. First Address and Enthronement

2. Noble Homage and Presentation of Gifts

Each section, as well as its constituent parts, shall be discussed and described in full.

Xceq2uzNhgqUATbEC3poZPXPwyAcu6u-j09S6lMraSqELCmo6j3i5fWjktSSIeBm-271o0ZUUK37Nbi3Tfk1uv5GK0mASM4hTqYah1ryfAW8MMRXNq0Vc5bzt2yR4HqKL6BTL6za

---

Regalia of Haense

The regalia of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska is vast and contains numerous relics throughout the ages, stretching from the Classical Period of the Horensons to the more contemporaneous times of the late 100s ES. The crown jewels can be divided into crowns (coronets of the sovereign and consort), dress (worn regalia), hand-held regalia (as the name describes), and holy instruments (namely the objects used for anointing and baptism).

---

Crowns

Crown of St Francis the Martyr

Monarchs Coronated by this Crown: Marius I, Stephen I, Otto I-III, Charles II, Francis II

A crown made in the fashion of the crown worn by Franz-Josef Carrion during his short rule, commissioned under the regency of Marius I for his coronation, which later became the favored crown of state leading up to the ascension of House Bihar. It is made of an engraved golden circlet mounted with Jrentic lilies. It retains an arch and mitre, akin to the Imperial Crown of Godfrey, though much lower and shallower, akin to the crowns worn by both Heinrik van Roy and Franz-Josef. Of the mtire, the scenes depicted are of the arrival, anointing, coronation, and martyrdom of Franz-Josef. There are eleven jewels total encrusted in the crown, each numbering a martyr of the Franciscan Massacre.

Biharian Crown

Monarchs Coronated by this Crown: Siguine I, Robert I, Marius II, Andrew III

King Siguine I had a new crown commissioned following the conflict of return of the body of King Franz II following his death. It featured a considerably more modern design, including a double-arched with cross-mantle adorning the top. It maintains a circlet base, though it is lined with ermine as seen in the Boyar’s Cap. It is encrusted with forty-eight diamonds and eighty-eight pearls. In the stead of a mitre is an elaborate Jrentic lily design forming into two-halves around the double-arches.

Boyar’s Cap (Crown of Branimar II the Leper)

Monarchs Coronated by this Crown: Peter I, Andrew II

The traditional crown of the Karovic dynasty, featuring a large ermine collar and four arches to make a clean, dome shape. Jewels of tourmalines and emeralds adorn the golden struts themselves, and at the peak is adorned an ivory Husariyan cross. The current crown is believed to have been made by Branimar the Leper, a former Raevir king, and with it carries the curse of his leprosy. Those who were to be crowned with the cap and found unworthy by Godan, according to legend, would be themselves cursed to be a leper.

Consort Crown of Queen Milena

The consort crown is a small form of the Biharian crown, though still maintaining its prominent Jrentic lily top. The circlet base has two lines of pearls, numbering a hundred total, with a center band of diamonds, around eighty total. Upon the top sits a small, ruby Husariyan cross. The crown was commissioned by Queen Milena, the wife of Andrew III, who held the first coronation of a consort.

---

Dress

Saint Joren’s Chains

Two golden hands for each wrist, engraved with delicate patterning and encrusted with small diamonds. Allegedly, the bracelets are the chains which Joren bore during his fourteen year captivity, and upon release, kept the bands as a sign of his trial and tribulation under his brother. In Haeseni regalia, the chains are traditional given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices, and symbolizes the Responsibilities of State.

Coronation Cap

A red velvet cap that is worn underneath the crown. In Haeseni regalia, the coronation cap is given after the baptism and anointing of the sovereign, in preparation for the coronation itself. Also, when traveling between the church and palace, it is common for the sovereign to only wear the coronation cap until reaching the palace, for the ease of travel.

Burgundian Coat

A red, burgundian silk coat, lined on the edges with ermine and the inside with beaver. Historically, it is one of the coats one of the Burgundian Host, and according to legend, this specific one is the very coat which Jan Yeremi wore during the Siege of the Lahy. In Haeseni regalia, it is given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices (placed over the chestplate put under the stole and coronation mantle), and symbolizes the consent of the people to the reign of the sovereign.

Coronation Mantle

Varying from monarch to monarch, the mantle is made custom for each coronation ceremony. In Haeseni regalia, it is given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices and traditionally put on for the sovereign by their consort (placed over the stole and burgundian coat).

Barmas

A large, silver and gold necklace, stretching it span from one’s shoulder to shoulder. The precious metals are entwined in a delicate floral pattern of chains, and on the necklace itself is engraved the following gems,

•  The Carnatian Rubies (5)

• The Goat’s Sapphires (3)

• Carsacan Diamond

• The Golden Plates of Joren (2)

In Haeseni regalia, it is given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices and traditionally put on the consort by the sovereign.

Armor of Ivan Kusoraev

A carbarum armor allegedly belonging to Ivan Kusoraev, creator of the first unified raevir state. The set includes a helm, chestplate, gauntlets, and greaves, but only the chest plate is worn during the procession. In Haesen regalia, the chestplate is given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices (worn under both the stole and coat), and symbolizes the Defense of State.

Johannian Stole

A purple and red stole, embroidered with scenes of dragons and white lions. The stole was granted to Peter I by Emperor John III during his elevation as king of both Hanseti and Ruska. In Haeseni regalia, the stole is given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices (worn over the coat and under the mantle) and symbolizes the sovereign’s rank as ‘Protector of the Highlanders’.

Pruvian Purse

A small, golden satchel made of silk and velvet, with gems hanging in tied threads. The purse was reputedly given to Stephen I when he gained the fortune of the Pruvian Inheritance. In Haeseni regalia, the purse is given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices (worn on the right side of the sovereign’s hip) and symbolizes the Treasury of State.

Ring of the Fidei Defensor (Ring of Marius I)

A silver signet ring with the Canonist Cross engraved in emerald. The ring was given to Marius I during the Coalition Wars of the 150s ES after his elevation as ‘Fidei Defensor’ or Defender of the Canonist Faith. In Haeseni regalia, the ring is given during the Investiture of the Royal Office (worn on the right ring finger) and symbolizes the protection of the State Religion (Canonism).

Royal Ring of the Nipple

A small ring with golden chain hanging around an inch from it, with four smooth stones coloured red, blue, white, and black (symbolizing the Four Prophets). The ring was given to the Stephen I and Royal Family by the Wicks of Leifgaard. In Haeseni regalia, the ring is given and applied during the Piercing of the Nipple (worn on the right nipple), and symbolizes the sovereign’s Oath of State.

---

Hand-Held Regalia

Golden Bulava

A golden mace of raevir design, stretching about a foot and a half in length. It is, according to legend, to be a very bulava held by Barbov the Black (son of the founder of the Carrion dynasty). In Haeseni regalia, the bulava is given during the Presentation of the Regalia (held in the left hand along with the cruciger) and symbolizes the Ruskan State.

Sword of Gaius Marius

A short-sword with Teutonic pommel, with the blade itself is made of fine silver. The sword is claimed to be the sword wielded by Gaius Marius, founder of the Hansetian state and an Orenian king, during his conquests in Aegis. In Haeseni regalia, the sword is given during the Presentation of the Regalia (held in the right hand along with the scepter) and symbolizes the Hansetian State.

Haeseni Scepter

In the fashion of heartlander scepters, the Haeseni scepter is a silver rod with golden top. In Haeseni regalia, the scepter is given during the Presentation of the Regalia (held in the right hand along with the sword) and symbolizes the sovereign’s secular authority.

Haeseni Globus Cruciger

In the fashion of heartlander orbs, the Haeseni Cruciger is a silver orb adorned with an ivory Husariyan cross at its top. In Haeseni regalia, the orb is given during the Presentation of the Regalia (held in the left hand along with the bulava) and symbolizes the sovereign’s religious authority.

---

Holy Instruments

Royal Ampulla

A small glass vase which holds the anointing oil for the Anointment of the Sovereign.

The Dragon Horn

According to legend to be the horn of dragon Jylig that was slain by Joren early in his life, the horn is used in joint with the Royal Ampulla as the tool of anointing itself.

Bogdani Scrolls

An old collection of four scrolls, written in traditional Raevir Ilyanic letters, and prescribed to be the scrolls personally translated by Saint Bogdan the Theologian. The scrolls are used primarily in the Oath before the Duma, where the sovereign places his left hand on the scrolls when reciting the oath.

Reliquary of the Eye of Prophet Sigismund

A reliquary containing the Eye of the Prophet Sigismund. On its three panels is displayed the Winter Trek of Sigismund, Sigismund’s Imperial Coronation, and the Accession of Sigismund into the Skies. During the Baptism/Anointment and Coronation, the reliquary is placed in front of the altar.

Reliquaries of the Hands of Saints Charles and Otto

Two reliquaries containing the Left and Right hands of Saints Charles and Otto. On both of the three panels are displayed the Infancy of Charles under Otto’s Tutelage, the Capture of Hiebenhall, and the Conversion of the Last Hansetians. During the Baptism/Anointment and Coronation, the reliquaries are placed on the left and right sides of the altar.

Reliquary of the Skull of Saint Joren

A reliquary containing the Skull of Saint Joren. On its three panels is displayed the Slaying of the Dragon Jylig, the Imprisonment of Joren, and Joren’s Return to Edel. During the Baptism/Anointment and Coronation, the reliquary is placed behind the altar.

Reliquary of the Heart of Saint Tara

A reliquary containing the Heart of Saint Tara. On its three panels is displayed the Betrayal of Harren at Joren’s Wedding, the Defense of Edel by Tara, and the Return of Joren to Edel and their reunion. During the Baptism/Anointment and Coronation, the reliquary is placed behind the altar.

Royal Randistirion

A randistirion of silver and gold, used to baptise the attendees during the Baptism of the Nobility.

Husariyan Cross

A golden Husariyan cross which is worn by the Archbishop of Jorenus during the processions.

---

Other Regalia

Banner of State

Personal standard of the sovereign, made new for each procession. In Haeseni regalia, the banner is given during the Investiture of the Royal Offices and held for the rest of the procession by the Royal Champion of Haense.

---

Order of Precedence

During the procession, there is an order of precedence in terms of how close one can be to the sovereign and royal household, and who receives what function first. The current order is as followed,

1. The Sovereign of Haense

2. The Consort of the Sovereign

3. The Grand Prince of Kusoraev and Their Spouse (Heir Apparent, if applicable)

4. Children of the Sovereign and Their Spouses and Offspring (Ranked by Seniority, regardless of gender)

5. The Royal Family (Ranked by Seniority, regardless of gender)

6. The Lord Palatine

7. The Archbishop of Jorenus

8. The Royal Champion / First Knight of Haense (Bodyguard of the Sovereign)

9. The Aulic Council (Ranking Varying)

10. The Karovic Houses of Haense

1. The House of Alimar and Further Cadets

2. The House of Ludovar and Further Cadets

3. The House of Ruthern and Further Cadets

4. Others (Ranking Varying)

11. The Speaker of the Duma

12. The Nobility of Haense (Ranked by Title, then Seniority, regardless of gender)

13. The Gentry of Haense

14. Members of the Duma

15. Other Guests of the Royal Household

---

((Note: Sovereign = Sov., Speaker of the Duma = Spk., Consort = Con., Archbishop of Jorenus = Arc.))

I - OATH AND ROYAL PROCLAMATION

A - OPENING ADDRESS BY THE SPEAKER OF THE DUMA

At the beginning of the ceremony, a prayer is spoken to begin the Duma session by the Royal Household, Duma, and attendees,

“O Prophet Sigismund, adorned with angelical manners,

Although I am thy unworthy servant,

I recommend to thee in a special manner,

For the clarity of my soul and mind;

I conjure thee, by thy angelic wisdom,

To commend me to fellow Prophets of the Law,

The flaming sword of righteous of His Will,

And to the ever-seeing Master, the King of Kings, Lord of All Emperors.

Preserve me from every grievous sin;

Never suffer me to sully my soul with any impurity;

Whenever thou seest me in darkness or stupidity,

Ward off from me every impure thought, and awaken within me the knowledge of eternity.

Imprint deeply in my heart the sentiment of fear of God,

Inflame me with divine love,

In order that by imitating thee on earth,

I may merit to enjoy His Love with thee in the Skies Above.

O most glorious Prophet Sigismund,

Who hast been honored by the Scrolls through life pure and righteous,

I come before thee to preserve our body of men,

To guide us into the correct choice and holy deed.

O perfect exemplar, kind and powerful patron,

How great is my need of thee!

The world and demon try to ensnare man with unclear thoughts;

I am conscious of the arbor of my humanity, I know full well the ignorance of us.

Who shall be able to keep me safe if not thou,

O Prophet of Wisdom, the glory and honor,

The loving guide of all rulers?

To thee, therefore, I have recourse with all my soul, to thee I commit myself with all my heart.

I hereby resolve, promise and desire to be especially devout,

To glorify thee by imitating thy extraordinary virtues,

To copy thy example,

And to promote the devotion to thee among my peers.

O dear Prophet Sigismund,

Do thou guard and defend me always,

In order that, under thy protection and following thy example,

I may be able to join with thee in seeing and praising my Godan forever.”

A second prayer is then said by the attendees and household,

“O Glorious St. Adrian, Patron of Statesmen, Chancellors, and Lawyers,

Your Life of prayer and penance and your zeal for justice, integrity and firm principle in public and family life led you to the path of martyrdom and sainthood. Intercede for our fellow Peers and Lords, our Chancellor and our King, that they may be courageous and effective in their defense and promotion for the sanctity of human life, that they may deny all unholy deeds and see to the protection of our realm.”

After the prayer, the Spk. gives an address to the Duma on the occasion, and typically, in support for the coming reign of the new sovereign. All Duma members and attendees must stand excluding the sovereign and members of the Royal Family.

4rEorTCH_uj1J2hs3eGHhvVAbypARPOvxORUh1eoTF89Olcx4tjN9Ja5TswrvSuOVrFpJ1oAmLD36-5WgGh2n3IgYf2iiLT-1_seBcYCg0hf9Wi_eKeO2rklEaQkk6lylcMkmQ-U

B - OATH BEFORE THE DUMA

Once the address is completed, the Bogdani Scrolls are brought forth, opened to the Scroll of Auspice, held in the hands of the Arc.

Spk. - “Before you is the testament of the Prophets of Man. Will you swear yourself to their holy eschatology?”

Sov. - “In Godan’s Name, I will.”

The Sov. places his left hand on the Bogdani Scrolls, with his right raised up in the air.

Spk. - “Repeat after me: ‘Before the Prophets and the People, I [name of sovereign], the King/Queen of Hanseti and Ruska, swear upon the Scrolls most faithful and true service in protection of the ideals and order of state.’”

The Sov. repeats after the Spk.

Sov. - “Before the Prophets and the People, I, [name], the King/Queen of Hanseti and Ruska, swear to all upon the Scrolls most faithful and true service in protection of the ideals and order of state, so help me Godan.”

Upon the oath’s conclusion, the Spk. customarily either kisses the Sov.’s hand or knee in sign of homage.

C - PIERCING OF THE NIPPLE

After the oath, the Sov’s shirt is removed or opened to expose the left side of his chest (side of the heart). The Arc. presents the Royal Ring of the Nipple (along with a thin, silver needle) to the Spk.

Spk. - “And may such promise hold ever in your heart, hardening it against the mantle of responsibility. Lo, O Godan, protect him.”

The Spk. uses the needle to pierce the nipple over the heart. He then attaches the ring accordingly.

Sov. - “Lo, O Godan, protect me.”

The Sov.’s shirt is put on fully again.

D - INVESTITURE OF THE ROYAL OFFICES

The Spk. then brings forth the REGALIA OF THE ROYAL OFFICES, which include the following items:

• Coronation Mantle

• Saint Joren’s Chains

• Pruvian Purse

• Chestplate of the Armor of Ivan Kusoraev

• Barmas

• Johannian Stole

• Burgundian Coat

• The Ring of the Fidei Defensor (King of Marius I)

The Spk. presents the Chestplate of the Armor of Ivan Kusoraev to the Sov.

Spk. - “Here is the Chestplate of Kusoraev, defender of men, whose conviction you will carry.”

The Sov. puts on the chestplate with the assistance of his household. The Spk. presents the Burgundian Coat to the Sov.

Spk. - “Here is the Coat of the John Jeremus, protector of the downtrodden, whose charity you will carry.”

The Sov. puts on the coat over the chestplate with the assistance of his household. The Spk. presents the Johannian Stole to the Sov.

Spk. - “Here is the Stole of Peter and the Johanni, conqueror of the wicked, whose strength you will carry.”

The Sov. puts on the stole over the coat with the assistance of his household. The Spk. presents the Ring of the Fidei Defensor to the Sov.

Spk. - “Here is the Ring of Marius, confessor of the canon, whose faith you will carry.”

The Sov. puts on the ring on his right ring finger. The Spk. presents the Pruvian Purse to the Sov.

Spk. - “Here is the Purse of Stephen, master of the gold and mint, whose perseverance you will carry.”

The Sov. puts on the purse on the right side of his hip. The Spk. presents the Coronation Mantle and the Barmas.

Spk. - “Here is the mantle and barmas, as for monarch and consort.”

The Sov. puts on the coronation mantle with the assistance of the Con., while the Con. then puts on the barmas with assistance from the Sov.

Spk. - “Judged by the People of His Realm, may he be so Judged by Godan.”

All - “Godani jest wiekley.”

After the conclusion of the investiture, the Royal Household and attendees leave to the church.

---

II - BAPTISM AND ANOINTMENT

A - LITURGY AND MASS

After the finishing ceremonies in the Duma House, the sovereign and entourage leave to the Basilica of the Fifty Virgins for the baptism/anointment and later coronation. First, mass is held by the Arc and in accordance to contemporary Canon Law.

1ACYDfZVd8GIkvyGkPuRICyTl4szvAnQv9v__5DkPgnlEWV1nXagMIP0ky0XDPJdiDwCBZ4U5G45gwA3xXrU_2cNdCup2GlPdMB7vzpswN95ofwb4QYZDFOYWNLO72bt4edidEuM

In the church, the following reliquaries are displayed accordingly,

• The Reliquary of the Eye of Prophet Sigismund, to be displayed in front of the altar.

• The Reliquaries of the Hands of Saints Otto and Charles, to be displayed on the left and right side of the front of the church respectively.

• The Reliquary of the Skull of Saint Joren, to be displayed behind the altar.

• The Reliquary of the Heart of Saint Tara, to be displayed behind the altar.

For liturgy, it is customary to read the Epistle to the Jorenites (Spirit 2) as the first reading and the Story of Joren’s Imprisonment (Gospel 4:1-7) as the second reading.

First Reading (Spirit 2): 

“Grace to thee and peace from our Lord GOD, the Most Merciful, Singular, and Omnipotent. I am Owyn Son of Godwin, servant of the Lord, called to prophetic vocation in His service. 

Verily, brother, the Lord GOD spake the Virtue to Horen. And verily thou art commended for thy virtue in defense of man, and indeed thine own king kept me from death.  

But whilst thou maintainest the kingdom of man, the kingdom of GOD languisheth. 

The Lord is the Lord GOD without peer, but thou failest in thy defense of His Word, and indeed, thine own brothers do mingle the word of lesser beings among His, and lapse in His commands in favor of new and foreign ways. And this is a sin of great heedlessness, for the Word of GOD lasts into the eve of the world, and the fruit of virtue cannot rot. What the Lord GOD spake, the Lord GOD spake indeed, and His Word is not abrogated, never annulled. 

So I find that thou art strict in thy arms but lax in thy prayers, but to pray is the armor of men. For the hand of GOD is the greatest weapon to bear, and His Word the paramount strategy. There can be no laxity in faith for any reason, not war nor peace, not wealth nor poverty. So the Lord lasteth through all adversities, for He is their remedy, and without Him, they are uncured. 

Verily, brother, the Lord GOD is the eternal GOD, and He granteth no exception to holiness. His Word is the lasting word, and it is the only Virtue. 

So to ye Sons of Joren I admonish: There is no innovation in faith. For GOD is as he was and shall be, and the holiness of Horen is as the holiness of all men, forever.”

Second Reading (Gospel 4:1-7):

“Lo, in the name of the Lord GOD, the Most Merciful, Singular, and Omnipotent, listen and attend with pious heed to this inspired text.

And for seven years, Owyn Son of Godwin was instructed in the arts of battle and of rule, and at fourteen years he marshalled the armies of King Joren. And though the people of Edel were virtuous, they were yet steeled by warfare, and neglected in their prayers for favor of battle. And they were cold and had no mirth in them, for in Edel was the last of the ordered kingdom of Horen. So Owyn kept to his prayers, and for three years he led the forces of King Joren.

And it came that Joren Son of Horen found a wife of virtue and dignity, who came from Aaun. And her name was Tara, and her kindness filled the halls of Joren’s keep, and he resolved to wed her. And hearing of his brother’s fortune, Harren sent a messenger into the court of Edel, and invited the King to be wed in the ruins of the holiest city, upon the hallowed grounds of their father, in repentance for Harren’s grievous sin. And Joren assented, and the court of Edel obeyed, and were accompanied by Owyn Son of Godwin, and there was a great fanfare.

But even as the court arrived in the land of the holiest city, they were shut in. And as the streets were illuminated, it came that Joren and his guard were surrounded on all sides by a throng of barbarian men and Wildewynn, who bore steel against them.

So it was that Joren saw the danger, and commanded Owyn Son of Godwin into the sewer. And the boy protested, but Joren was deaf to his nephew, and threw him into the sewers of the city, and Owyn Son of Godwin could not act whilst his guardian was beaten and shackled, his host of lords slain, and the virtuous Tara clubbed about the head.  And deprived of their lord, the people of Edel were conquered by heathens and barbarians, and their land fell at last.

So the boy navigated the filth of the city in darkness, and soon the brick gave way to rough stone, and he came into a cavern. And the boy was overcome, and knelt in prayer, and wept for the fate of his kindred. And at once the darkness was cast out by a sword ablaze, and here GOD spake to Owyn.

‘Thou standest before Me in the waters of Gamesh, Owyn, son of Godwin, son of Horen. And thy people cry for justice and for purity. Takest hold of this blade, for it is a symbol of holiness, and by it thou shalt cleanse man of sin. Now, fleest forth from this unholy imitation of My city, and go into the village of Rafal, and fast there for three days, and I shall augment thee on the third. And thou shalt go into the court of Harren in thy fineries, and recite thy ancestry, and serve as his seneschal, and soon purity will come.’”

B - BAPTISM OF THE SOVEREIGN AND CONSORT

At the conclusion of liturgy and mass, the Sov. and Con. are brought forth by the Arc to the baptismal font. Both the Sov. and Con. kneel before the Arc.

Arc. - “In Witness of Godan, do you swear to profess His Name as the one true god, the Most Merciful, Singular, and Omnipotent?”

Sov. & Con. - “I swear before you, O Godan.”

Arc. - “In Witness of Godan, do you swear to profess the Words of the Prophets, given in holy revelation as holy and true?”

Sov. & Con. - “I swear before you, O Godan.”

Arc. - “In Witness of Godan, do you swear to deny all evils and the temptations of Iblees, no matter where they linger?”

Sov. and Con. - “I swear before you, O Godan.”

Arc. - “O Godan, accept these in the Flock of the Pious Saints!”

The Arc. would proceed to baptise the Sov. then the Con.

C - BAPTISM OF THE NOBILITY AND ATTENDEES

Following the conclusion of the baptism of the sovereign and consort, the nobility of the realm is then brought forth, baptised in according to rank,

1. The Barbovic Houses (Ranked by Seniority of Family)

1. The House of Alimar

2. The House of Ludovar

3. Others (Varying)

2. The Karovic Houses (Ranked by Seniority of Family)

1. The House of Ruthern

2. Others (Varying)

3. The Non-Karovic Nobility (Ranked by Title then Seniority)

4. The Non-Noble Gentry

The baptism follows the same procedure as the baptism of the Sov. and Con. of above, with the baptisee kneel before the Arc. and the baptismal font.

Arc. - “In Witness of Godan, do you swear to profess His Name as the one true god, the Most Merciful, Singular, and Omnipotent?”

Noble - “I swear before you, O Godan.”

Arc. - “In Witness of Godan, do you swear to profess the Words of the Prophets, given in holy revelation as holy and true?”

Arc. - “In Witness of Godan, do you swear to deny all evils and the temptations of Iblees, no matter where they linger?”

Noble - “O Godan, accept this man/woman in the Flock of the Pious Saints!”

The Arc. would proceed to baptise the Noble.

During the procession of the noble baptisms, the commoner attendees are baptised en masse by a set of deacons carrying the Royal Randistirion and splashing holy water over the people.

D - ANOINTMENT OF THE SOVEREIGN

Upon the conclusion of the final baptism, the Sov. is brought forth before the altar by the Arc. and kneels before him. The Arc. brings forth the Royal Ampulla, the Dragon Horn, and the Coronation Cap.

Arc. - “Godan granted all His Blessings and His Gifts, to be used by the pious and denied to the impure. May these sacred sacraments be confirmed in Holy Chrism.”

The Arc. would pour a small amount of oil from the ampulla, and with the Dragon Horn, he would douse the Sov.’s head with the oil.

Arc. - “O Godan, Protect these One as your one.”

Sov. - “O Godan, Protect Me.”

The Arc. would draw a Husariyan cross with his thumb upon the Sov.’s forehead. The coronation cap is then placed upon the Sov.’s head in anticipation for the coronation.

---

III - CORONATION

A - PRESENTATION OF THE REGALIA

The Arc. brings forth the REGALIA OF THE CROWN, which consists of the following,

• Golden Bulava

• Marian Sword

• Haeseni Scepter

• Haeseni Cruciger

SzOKCpbQooxIhRO1FvOZvyY96GxFp-SaPoo3mBBPiFTefrHPihrrR8iDVWADVmtU3hB9rUt5DLnd8ZlVWodykgpFFONUtPu9Ev1nGg9ezIVsARkEq7dEDvOV8KvDTwixL5-Y5ofi

The Arc. holds forth the Golden Bulava to the Sov. for him to take in his left hand.

Arc. - “For the People of the World will follow you to the bliss of the skies, and in golden spurs shall they ride.”

The Arc. then holds forth the Marian Sword to the Sov. for him to take in his right hand.

Arc. - “And so they look to you as the Master of Shepherds, Leader of Leaders, entrusted by Godan.”

The Arc. then brings forth both the Haeseni Scepter and Cruciger.

Arc. - “All is derivative to the divine right, and through it, our very creation. Graced by Godan, shall you be risen anew.”

Sov. - “O Godan, as my witness, I rise anew.”

The Arc. would then hand the scepter (to be held in the right hand) and the cruciger (to be held in the left hand) to the Sov.

B - PRESENTATION OF THE CROWN AND THE CROWNING OF THE SOVEREIGN

The Arc. then presents the crown to the Sov. upon a red pillow. The Sov. kneels before the Arc., still with the regalia in hand.

Arc. - “ In the Name of Godan, His Prophets Horen, Owyn, Godfrey, and Sigismund, all His Saints and Venerables, and of All His Creation, I Crown this one, a child of His Flock, as [name] the King of Both Hanseti and Ruska, Prince of the North, and Protector of All Joren’s Kin.”

The Arc. crowns the Sov. and steps away. The Sov. rises and allows for applaud.

0wJqi0wBqvjxJTVlueRp6YGiribT9F5BWtdmTU3oaAni_lBm7W5W14iOSW6OKXLwAi3kd4XNWr6AwiIn-QQRzsBOd75uexbQ5eJ287yzwSR_F0OMVlE6N-2Ced_CEJFw4H4nk6q3

C - CROWNING OF THE CONSORT

The Con. is then called forth by the Sov. The Arc. brings forth the crown of the consort and gives it to the Sov.

Sov. - “As Bounded by Godan in our vows, may you also be bounded in divinity and grace. O Godan, may this one be crowned with me, as the Consort of the State.”

The Sov. crowns the Con. with the consort crown. The Con. rises and both the Sov. and the Con. wait for applause for leaving for the royal palace.

---

IV - ENTHRONEMENT AND NOBLE HOMAGE

A - FIRST ADDRESS AND ENTHRONEMENT

According to custom, the Sov. is the first to enter the palace followed by the Con. then the rest as according to Order of Precedence. Upon everyone entering the palace, all remain standing. The Sov. then gives a customary first address to the attendees.

After the conclusion of the speech, the Sov. then the Con. sit, then after, the rest of the attendees may sit accordingly.

B - NOBLE HOMAGE AND PRESENTATION OF GIFTS

The nobility and first petitioners then make a line before the throne in Order of Precedence, though the Sov. may specify certain guests to be addressed before others.

See the source image

Homage is given first, and the traditional Marian Oath is said to the nobles to recite,

Sov. - “Do you, [name], swear yourself to the Kingdom of Haense and the House of Barbanov, to serve faithfuly and loyally till the expiration or release of vows?”

Noble - “As Godan as my witness, I do.”

Sov. - “Do you, [name], swear yourself to the protection of the people and the defense of the state, to stand against all foes domestic and foreign?”

Sov. - “Do you, [name], swear yourself to the profession of the One True Faith, His Prophets, and the Wisdom of the Scrolls?”

The Sov. then draws the Husariyan cross on the noble’s forehead.

Sov. - “Then I accept you into the fold the pious and true, and never waver in your course, lest Godan strike you down.”

The Noble must then make a sign of fealty in two ways- either kissing of the Sov.’s right hand (Ring of the Fidei Defensor) or the Sov.’s right knee.

Gifts are presented after homage and fealty is given.

Julius Salviatti would raise a brow as he reads about the Piercing of the Nipple royal ceremony “Haeseni culture is indeed very peculiar” 

Robert Vyronov scratches his head as he sees the similarities of both the Biharian Crown and the Crown of St Francis the Martyr

From the Seven Skies, Emma Ludovar wonders why she never became Queen.