Proclamation of the Resolute Realm (with Forward by Alistar Wailer)

yopplwasupxxx

((Credits to both @floop and @Piov who wrote these, posting them here for easier access. Links to their original posts below:

gScO_GWB9vGRB08i3z2QGGBKudrhKOAxNcNfjb0n9emnJa3gPV9VgBkZ15vPIKUL54_DGjflB2xRCv3jtrLxOj1zlkfP48KpdUBzIOElRptCn5562d0Lf59asKC6J5OV0AcY8u15

A PROCLAMATION OF THE RESOLUTE REALM
BY
MARIUS I, KING OF HAENSE

FORWARD

BY

ALISTAR WAILER

PUBLISHED

BY

CETIBOR THE TARCHARMAN

---

Forward: A Treatise on Honor

Alistar Wailer of Saint Karlsburg

Eleventh of the deep cold, 1586

It is a harsh life that we live, both Haense, in it’s frigid expanse, and the world at large can be wholly unforgiving. Because of that, each Highlander man must act with honor, and impunity to ensure that we as a people may survive to see a healthy, and powerful Haense. Moreover to adhere to a code of  honor is both ethically, and morally responsible. If a man can follow the simple values of his honor without wavering it helps him stay true in more complicated moral situations.  The Haensic code of honor also insures that a man’s name will be remembered positively.  Those who act with impunity are smiled upon by history, while scoundrels are cursed, or even worse forgotten. Although, tragically, not every human acts with honor, our code of honor itself is indelible in the hearts of man. Deep down in their heart of hearts they know that the rules I will outline here are proper because the creator has instilled them into the hearts of each man, woman. ‘Tis what separates the sentient races from animals.

A man must never look into his neighbor’s bowl to see what he has, only to insure that he has what he may need. When every Haeseni man acts with honor than all of Haense benefits. An honorable populous is a loyal one, full of strong folk who can take care of themselves, and who will take care of those who can not. A patriot always acts with honor because they know it is what makes Haense great. Even wolves are smart enough to create packs, what makes us a nation is our code of honor, it is the very thing that upholds the social fabric of Haense. If we were to act as braggarts, and scoundrels who think only of themselves, instead of honorable men then everything the Highlandic people worked so hard to build will fall apart.  For the good of the north, every man should act with honor.

Honor does not only uphold the societal fabric of Haense, but the moral fabric as well. In following the Haensic code of honor, an individual follows the will of the creator, and diligently standing by their ideals. Following a code of honor insures that a person acts with the utmost  goodness, which has it’s own rewards and benefits.

A staple of the culture of the north is a rightful respect, reverence, and remembrance of it’s heroes. Heroes are all known to be honorable people, and will be remember as such. Thus, in order to reach such a legendary status a man must always act with impunity, and honor. For the sake of his legacy, and the legacy of his progeny a good man of Haense must never partake in sins that will besmirch their name.

The Haensic code of honor is a simple one.

• A Haensic man will respect legitimate authority, and remain loyal to their King and Country.
  • A man of Haense will know the strength of their sword. They would not kill churlishly, and will only take up arms  for a worthy cause.
  • When at war, a Haensic man will be the first on the field, and the last to leave it.
  • A true Highlander will never abandon a companion though they will honor sacrifice freely given.
  • If an enemy were to surrender to a Haensic Man they would respect the honor of their prisoner, treating them properly, never stooping to such lows as torture.
  • A Haensic man would never refuse a challenge from an equal.
  • A Highlander will suffer death before dishonor.
  • An honorable man of the North would protect those under their roofs as guests. Only harming a guest  if they directly attempt to harm them or their kin.
  • A Haensic man will defend the honor of the Church of the Canon, be god fearing, and respect all of it’s tenants.
  • A man of the North shall never break an Oath, lest they be branded an Oathbreaker, and lose all of their honor.
  • A Haensic man must not lie, for an honorable man has nothing to hide.
  • A man of Haense will champion all that is right, and good against injustice, and the evils of the world.
  • A Haensic lord who finds a criminal in their territory will give them a just trial, and punish them himself.  
  • A man of Haense will respect all women
  • A Haensic man will never commit infidelity, staying true to the woman to whom he is wed.

In summation, when analyzed through the lens of the benefit to the realm, the benefit to the individual, and the benefit of one’s progeny, and legacy it is clear that each Haensic man acting within the code of honor is of the utmost importance. These five-and ten points, when followed with rigor, will insure the best possible life for all northerners, and will feed into the great Highlander hegemony.

---

The Proclamation of the Resolute Realm

Va Birodeo Herzenav.

My lords and the loyal citizenry of the kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska.

It is with great admiration that I address the land as a whole, in the spirit of sacred trust and earnest zeal of our Highlander people, that I proclaim to you the intentions that I have for so long envisioned for all the subjects of our kingdom. We must understand that it is the laws of GOD that impel our own minds and hearts for the good of our prosperity. Today, we find ourselves a product of a post bellum era with the full potential and absolute capacity to strengthen ourselves, our lands, and our determination for a Resolute Realm. For these things to take place, it is not only my own stewardship and hand that will impose the proper and necessary means to enable Haense forward; it is the camaraderie and fellowship as a union of vassals coalesced into subservience under the Crown of the Dual Monarchy. The Highlander people have only known strength and courage as the pillars of our commitment and unmatched devotion to the overall revitalization of the North.

Furthermore, I resolve to devote the saints years to come to promote the fruition of untapped potential and development for our great kingdom. By the grace of GOD, we understand the need to pursue a Resolute Realm for our heirs and their heirs. We must put into our own minds the needs of our families and the betterment of our society. On this pledge, the Resolute Realm shall embrace three great virtues: unity, honor, and respect. To achieve these goals so that they may manifest themselves in our lands, our minds, and our hearts, we must be diligent and vigilant to the laws and times. On my part as the chosen successor to the Crown of Hanseti and Ruska, I cannot but guide the direction for all Highlanders in the pursuance thereof. In doing so, I shall impose a series of new edicts and proclamations that shall be cemented into law as a way of communal integration for the cause of our greatness as my mandate for the just execution of the foregoing powers entrusted to me in the spirit of our solemn traditions.

Let us not forget the mandate of the predecessors of this great Kingdom, for the cause of the destiny of our people to manifest themselves in a land bountiful and fruitful. To come short and invest a lack of faith in this cause would be abhorrent otherwise to the great ideals that our fathers envisioned. In the same spirit, let us share in the mission of our ancestors, the fathers of our fathers, in the solidification of our sovereignty and the strength that our potential places us. With earnest sentiment and profound intentions for the prosperity of our Kingdom, I commend all who ought to hear for the goal of the upcoming century.

Iv Joveo Maan,

Iv Joveo Ehr, 1598

Signed,

His Majesty the King Marius I of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Prince of the Raev, Duke of Akovia, Krajia, Greymarsh and Alban, Margrave of Vanderfell and Adria, Count of Siegrad, Werdenburg, Kavat, Karovia, Torun, Owynswood and Kaunas, Lord of St. Karlsburg, Protector of the Highlanders.

“Please write me back, I miss you.” a man says 

“I wonder if Mario and the Lord Protector are going to squabble about that whole ‘Margrave of Adria’ thing in the future.” Joseph Nicéphore thinks out loud.

57 minutes ago, rotund_man said:

“I wonder if Mario and the Lord Protector are going to squabble about that whole ‘Margrave of Adria’ thing in the future.” Joseph Nicéphore thinks out loud.

“This is a copy of the actual Proclamation which was declared nearly 130 years ago.” says Otto to Joseph

56 minutes ago, Pureimp10 said:

“This is a copy of the actual Proclamation which was declared nearly 130 years ago.” says Otto to Joseph

”oh” says cretin