Lore Games Update - Drafts & Criteria Changes

GodEmperorFlam

Lore Games Update - Drafts & Criteria Changes

Hello folks, I am making this thread to notify you that you have until the 25th to turn in your drafts (one week from now). This deadline isn’t out of the blue, it was stated in the original Lore Games thread that you’d have 2.5 months to work on a draft. I’ve pushed this back a bit to give people more time, so hopefully y’all will be able to manage.

I’m going to reiterate that if you need help or want to give feedback on the current lore criteria, read this thread over: click me. I’m willing to sit down and answer questions regarding your rewrites, whether that be questions on if abilities are fine or if you are having trouble with the formatting. Please note this is limited to lore apart of the Lore Games that has accepted lore, I don’t have time to sit down with those creating new lore pieces or trying to revive old pieces.

What Happens After?

After your draft is turned in, it will be reviewed by the team. Afterwards, we will reach out to each lore writer and notify them of any issues that we found during the reviewal. You will be given 1 month to address these issues. I will be offering assistance during this time as well, to help people make sure their edits are sufficient.

No Draft?

If you don’t have your draft done, that’s fine, you can still turn in a piece before the final due date. However, you will be unable to receive feedback on said draft via Story review, as everyone who has a draft will be given a priority. The only exception to this will be those who have accepted the deal I put forward, which is still on the table. You can read more about that here: click me.

Criteria Changes

Based on the feedback given so far, some changes to the criteria have been made.

1) We have now put in a “Chaos” and “Self-Moderation” clause into the tenet/disconnection criteria. These clauses are not something that you need to use, but they are options that you can use if you so desire.

Spoiler

The Chaos clause states that if it makes sense for the power source of your magic (e.g. it’d potentially make sense for the Aspects, but not for Xan), then disconnections can be able to affect anyone, regardless of if they broke a tenet or not. This needs to be made apparent in your lore piece, so players know what they are signing up for. This does not mean that you can just disconnect willy nilly, we will still be cracking down on people who use disconnection to further an OOC agenda as opposed to using it for RP purposes.

The Self-Moderation clause allows for automatic self-moderation to kick in for breaking a tenet. So if you break one of your magic or creature’s tenets and this clause is used in the lore, it would allow for your character to receive some form of punishment or side-effect to breaking the tenet. As with the Chaos clause, you need to make it clear that you are using this when writing the lore. It should not be some surprise that is flung onto the users of the magic/CA race.

2) We are lowering the standard magic progression time to 4ish months. This is still being worked on and an updated tier progression thread will be released later this week. This will be the new default for people to use in their lore, but writers can deviate and create their own if they want to do something different. If you do create your own, make it reasonable. A full magic shouldn’t be learned in a month, but it also probably shouldn’t take a year.

3) Scrying spells on individuals that show the caster the individual and the immediate blocks around them are now allowed, so long everyone involved in the RP gives OOC consent. This means that if a prisoner is being watched via the scrying, they must get their captors to agree before the spell can work.