Sign in to follow this  
sophiaa

A Letter to Talon's Grotto

1cMB_PCIAchSRXYn4sBGhQhHkunYMbP6V5utSSPo

A Letter to Talon’s Grotto

Issued 12th of Malin’s Welcome 1738

To the Mr Arthur of Talons Grotto

It has been brought to my attention that the actions of your Grotto officials have placed my citizens in grave danger. Through ineptitude or malicious intent information was rendered to bandits enabling them to ambush and cripple one of our trade caravans.

This act is the grossest breach of the peace between our nations and an unfounded attack on the sovereignty of my people and my ability to protect, lead and govern my men. I am but forced to issue a denouncement of this action and to take further measures to both remedy this offence and ensure for the safety and wealth of my people that this is not repeated. 

I am a benevolent man and offer you the following methods of resolution and redress, and implore you to follow them. To remedy your error, you must;

1. An apology, written and recited by yourself, published for public consumption and a copy of which you shall present to me personally.

2. Repay threefold the loss of minae, this price summing 15 000 minae, that the caravan suffered, or;

3. Return the goods lost by the caravan and twofold the price of the goods, this price summing 5000 minae, 

A. The acceptable replacement for the goods lost shall consist of:

a. A Crate of Iron

b. A Crate of Alcohol

c. Twelve Diamonds

d. Five Bundles of Lapis

e. Five Bundles of Gold

or;

4. Thirty fine Horse, Ass, or Llama to further allow our caravan to prosper, or;

5. Forty head of cattle.

If you prove as equally fruitless in fulfilling this resolution as you do in protecting unarmed traders, a state of war will exist between the Holy Duchy of Morsgrad and Talons Grotto, and we will be making provision to prosecute the same. Your city shall be put to the flame and your citizens to the sword. Such a crime against my people cannot and will not go unpunished.

I pray you and yours make the sage choice, for the sake of your people. 

Writ by

Ducal Scrivener of Morsgrad

En Namen De

Godric of Morsgrad

182QJXQ9IK-mMEdbs-EDy3DhW_lmS81csHKYtl0r

*Argyle looks over the parchment and nods, he would then continue his charcoal of the Ash Tree in his home.*

Astrid sighed as she read the writ. "Attacking merchants? What a horrible economic policy." She said with a frown as she went to make some bows and crossbows in her makeshift fletchery.

Edvard would tap the elbow of a random bystander in the heavens while looking down at Godric, “That right there is MY son.”

Arthur Sterling is very confused on how his people are being accused of attacking a merchant caravan since they had not let the information out.

1 minute ago, AtrexPieren said:

Arthur Sterling is very confused on how his people are being accused of attacking a merchant caravan since they had not let the information out.

The Duchess of Morsgrad comforts a young woman who had escaped from the attack on the merchant’s caravan, asking her once more to repeat the story of such a tragic event. She dabs her tears with a handkerchief and waves her servant girl over for another round of tea and honey.

“Dug a shithole and jumped into it didnt ya Talon’s Grotto?” chuckles Chadmyr, going off to speak to Godric about this matter

Riven very, very slowly blinked and shrugged, returning to his captured slave to torture.

((OOC: Deal with IRP consequences!))

Kekzo would react to the letter “No one will ever raid my caravan again...” he said as he bit into some fresh meat

Ferran kneels down for his daily prayer, including in his exhortations that God might keep the massive cube of bricks from toppling over Talon’s Grotto and crushing his beloved friend Rhaella.

unknown.png

Amathion protests, speaking out about how the Duchess is a tyrannical human being of evil nature “How can a disarmed nation destroy a caravan? You’re insane!” He shreds the parchment in his fury of hearing of Pierce’s death

Nami reads over this flyer, her eyes narrow onto it as they say the grotto did this “The grotto may be different and full of different races but we did not do this.”

“Wussnt me” says Shaggy Tundrak

Awie the clown would squeeze his nose” HONK HONK”the nose went while selling stolen loot to travellers

Dargur would snicker "`umans doin it to 'emselfs"