[✗] Legend Lore - La'Vassieur Clan Name

Maga_The_Puffer

Legend

As the three men in the pub engaged in dialogue, and the topic of Eimar and his brother’s surname came up. “A curious name for a Dwarf that is, La’Vassiuer.... if you don’t mind me asking what is the origin?” Eimar answered with a laugh “Aye, a curious name it is indeed! I’ll allow my brother Durin to answer that, he has a much better grasp on our family history than myself.” Durin recited the story as he had done many times before, “A curious name our lot have. Well Legend has it our granddad was ambushed by bandits. A wee little Halfling chanced upon them, and together they swiftly escaped on horseback with a fighting retreat. They camped together and discussed many a topic, and when the question of family came up the Halfling responded that he had none. Dwarves hold heavy grudges and are eternally grateful for those who help them, and so he changed his surname to that of the Halfling to show his eternal gratitude; La’Vassieur.” The stranger responded, “A great story that is, and a worthy surname you lot have. A toast to that Halfling!”

OOC Explanation

We were told by a staff member that we should consider adopting the name of one of the clans if we wish to integrate into Dwarven society, so this is just a quick post explaining why our family name is La’Vassieur.

Citation Spoiler

None

Edited by Maga_The_Puffer

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.