[✓] [Event Creatures] Bastards of the Wretch; Variants of the Werbeast

I really like the lore, just hope people won’t change it into a furry and use it for erp..

Also this 

I’ll admit I was hesitant at first, but I think that despite the grim theme I enjoy this. the art certainly follows that. To be honest I’d aim for it to go first through an event creature only stage so players don’t ruin it as it comes out. Then after an ET has shown a bit how they work players can follow that example. 
(I don’t mean you or Jentos will butcher it just other players might.)

7 minutes ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

I’ll admit I was hesitant at first, but I think that despite the grim theme I enjoy this. the art certainly follows that. To be honest I’d aim for it to go first through an event creature only stage so players don’t ruin it as it comes out. Then after an ET has shown a bit how they work players can follow that example. 
(I don’t mean you or Jentos will butcher it just other players might.)

We are already concerned about this, and ngl, we’re happy people realize this. Mind you, we won’t be handing this out to friends, rather, we have our own system set in place, so to assure that the players having the chance to play one of these, is fitting enough. Its more than a character, its a responsibility, this piece exists as to provide pleasure and good writing for all, not only those concerned with a CA .

Damn this is actually cool. Though I have only skimmed it, judging by the good comments and what I read, this is an actual curse now instead of an easy combat buff?

116f944f39668e2d0c8a48b87e935f3a40a439d5

As someone whose character encountered Ferals previously, I’m actually looking forward to her expectations being shattered by this new iteration of beast-folk. Her first instinct will be to try to understand the werwulf, but she’ll eventually have to come to the realisation that they’re monsters.

Concerning the prior associations with the Wood Elf legends, they did explicitly state that the first ‘Feral’ was an abomination, cursed with his beastly form for doing heinous things. You could consider that a distinctly Welven explanation for the emergence of ‘beastfolk’ they largely didn’t understand, reasonably.

This reads beautifully from start to finish. Very atmospheric, wonderful quality to the writing. Thoroughly impressed.     +1

1 hour ago, Aethling said:

monsters.

Is a man turned holy, in his designs to gaze better the heavenly truths, a monster, or a thing become more than man? Carved in the image of the divine. 

Or so the madman screams... 

23 hours ago, Boruto said:

We’re avoiding correlation with that whole “feral” trope. This is an entirely different take on lykanthropy, and consolidating it among druidic mythology defeats the purpose and repeats the failed cycle.

Amen. Just like convergent evolution, or in-game instances of the dead being raised with methods that are entirely unrelated to each other, different instances of lycanthropy are allowed to exist. And trying to shoehorn a concept with another based on only skin-deep similarities is a surefire way to start a dumpster fire. (I’m completely content with Ferals being the occasional curveball in events that specifically pertain to Morea)
This take on lycanthropy really appeals to me, since the gap between big bad Strigae and big (kinda-sorta-maybe if you defile those woods over yonder) bad Ferals had irked me even before they were approved. Call me petty, call me basic, but I’m a shameless fan of stereotypical fantasy monsters when they’re executed right. And this lore manages to check all of those boxes.

My only question is if the Lyre ritual has a capped limit on how many times it can be performed? If only to ensure that players don’t just ignore the ramifications of eventual insanity like sticks in the mud. All in all, big ol’ +1 from me.

19 hours ago, SimplySeo said:

Perfect time of the year to post something genuinely dark, can’t say I appreciated reading it while I was checking the forums before bed, but holy **** its a damn good read nonetheless. Y’all should be writing novels.

7 hours ago, Aethling said:

This reads beautifully from start to finish. Very atmospheric, wonderful quality to the writing. Thoroughly impressed.     +1

We’re delighted to see how well this piece came to be received. It is always a great pleasure, for us both, that we enrich the worldly experience in such bleak times.

1 hour ago, ThatGuy_777 said:

My only question is if the Lyre ritual has a capped limit on how many times it can be performed? If only to ensure that players don’t just ignore the ramifications of eventual insanity like sticks in the mud.

We plan for the rituals to be profoundly limited in their range of use, and that they are only used in a manner that may be beneficial to a narrative or in favour of a good story. We’re more than willing to adjust it accordingly given any concerns, however, such that there would be an interval of two weeks between each use. I highly doubt you’ll see it appropriated in any irresponsible fashion, but we’re also willing to take half measures should it suffice.

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore is pending, you will be sent a forum PM in the next 24 hours with a list of issues that need to be fixed.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.