Admin Update

GodEmperorFlam

Admin Update

Hey guys, as some of you may have noticed, a few threads went up lately covering three topics. One regarding a redacted (wasn’t named in the thread) individual and the others about Pun/RideTheSky. I’ve posted the below replies onto the threads directly, but I’m making this thread to spread awareness.

[Redacted] from Kaelan’s Thread

The evidence provided was cropped screenshots from 2017, which as some of you know, can easily be doctored. As there was no outright evidence of the act, and we have asked for such and no one has provided it. In the conversation, the reporter has mentioned they intend to take legal action against the individual reported, which we strongly encourage. If you have the evidence to take him to court, go for it. For the time being, we will be temporarily banning him for a period of time while we look into matters further.

I get that this is going to anger many of you, but you have to realize that without concrete evidence, we will not be acting to permanently remove a member from the community. Discord and Skype evidence is easily doctored to look like something else, and we must verify to the best of our ability that it is authentic. If you have additional information or evidence that was not shared, we advise that you come forward as well and use the aforementioned process.

Pun from Knox’s Thread

This situation is different from the others that recently cropped up as Pun has admitted to the act. As such, the lack of substantial evidence regarding the actual act can be ignored. Pun is no longer a member of staff and will be receiving a permanent ban for her actions. 

RideTheSky from JoeltheGinger’s Thread

Likewise with Kaelan’s thread, we need more substantial evidence. What was provided is not enough to warrant a permanent ban, and in addition the evidence is rather old. There were some claims that pictures were sent to people when they were underage, but again, no evidence was provided to back this up. For the time being, this member will be temporarily removed from the server, and during this time we will be investigating the matter further. If you have additional information or evidence that was not shared, we advise that you come forward as well and use the aforementioned process.

Reporting Discord Matters

We are standardizing how we are going to be handling discord matters. You can read more here: click me.

this also

Spoiler

>”While making a public thread for the rep/to try and rally a mob may seem appealing, all it’s going to do is annoy us as you try and rush potentially complex matters. Those that keep trying to do this will receive hefty warnings.” See spoiler for response 

>and in addition the evidence is rather old.

>Bunch of other stupid **** spewing from your computer

This is why your entire team is a god damn joke. You said you’d quit months ago. Step down already. Get people in charge who will actually do **** when **** is reported. **** this server’s staff. **** was reported a year ago. **** was reported two years ago. **** was posted about months ago. It always gets covered up. You admins only respond once it goes public. So easy for admins to sweep it under the rug when it’s not public and dismiss it as people stirring the pot when they do. You disgust me. Telanir disgusts me. I hope people keep exposing pedophiles and moderators finally say **** THE ADMINS and ban them. SIMPLE AS 

Edited by rukio

14 minutes ago, FlamboyantTyrant said:

While making a public thread for the rep/to try and rally a mob may seem appealing, all it’s going to do is annoy us as you try and rush potentially complex matters. Those that keep trying to do this will receive hefty warnings.

So just to clarify, if a forum is made addressing issues which have occurred on discord, the thread will be removed and that user warned/banned(if the warning would push them over the edge to a ban)? Does this account for those issues which have not been brought forward to administration or just those not addressed by administration? Or will it also include issues of harassment on discord which the players believe have been swept under the rug by administration?

What a time to be alive huh?

Oblivion literally admitted in those screenshots that that he was soliciting a 16 year old for cyber.

You guys previously ruled on the matter that it was worthy of a universal staff blacklist. 

The other person mentioned in my thread was ruled on by Pun and is a complete and utter joke. The full list of screenshots is entirely disgusting and the fact that the administration told them to block the offender rather than ban is outrageous. 

Absolutely disgusting, children are being victimized and none of you have the guts to do anything about it. You’re actively contributing to the victimization of children and I hope you realize that.

This is a new low point for LoTC. They’ve had reports of pedophiles with evidence, and they just take no action because of the fact that they ‘may’ be edited? Even if they are edited, maybe just look into it anyways just in case?

Not even considering the fact you harbored a pedophile yourselves for several months. Incredibly disappointing and this is bordering on some sort of reckless endangerment considering the Admin team’s response is to wipe their hands and go ‘not our problem.’

No, things on external mediums do not specifically fall to LoTC to fix, I agree – but not giving a **** about possibly preventing it from happening is a different story, or just taking responsibility for having an actual pedophile on your OWN admin team. How are we supposed to trust this admin team when A) you guys are notoriously corrupt B) you had a pedophile on your team and either didn’t care or didn’t know (so what else could you all be doing) and C) you take no responsibility for your failings.

As far as I’m concerned LoTC should purge the admins and Tythus should just select a new batch, because its gotten to that extreme that we need to just clean house. Disgusting.

“Guys im not legally accountable because i said so” thats not how the law works lmfao.

How can you sit here and allow LOTC to harbor PEDOPHILES and CHILD PREDATORS, as well as punish the VICTIMS of these human scum. When several people come forward about the same person, it must ring some truth.