I wanted to join in and I made a meme so people looked at my post

JustMeMorgan

955485ceb8a0e03b1a1f77df1f89683a.png

Made this on current events

But to join the horde, to the staff team that are sitting there twiddling their thumbs at why the community is angry, maybe it is time to stop content moderating those who shout out, those who are against the staff to not be muted and banned but instead see why they are angry, either because of a bias (e.g. I don’t want this mod to be a mod because ugh I hate oren/renatus/orcs/dwarves/whoeverthefuck) or if its for genuine reasons (e.g. history of abuse, toxic member etc). I’ve seen so many good members of the community silenced by you just because wah wah wah I didn’t like him calling me an idiot for banning this player and so forth, if you are a good staff member you should be able to take the heat show them you’re right by standing by your point and discussing it with them not pussying out and banning them, silencing them or blocking them that just makes you look weak and not desirable for staff.

To the players of the servers I have two suggestions for now:

1. Validating Evidence; The staff team understandably can’t just ban straight out of logs, they can be doctored, I once made Julius say ‘I hate N*****’ and put the picture on discord as a joke, he got really pissed at it ofc because it looked real and it could hurt him so I deleted it obvs but nonetheless it shows how easy it is
    1. Try using videos, I doubt its easy to doctor a video of you scrolling through the logs, prove that they are real and validate that this thing actually happened, logs are easily doctored as I said but videos are difficult to edit.
    2. Talk to them (the staff) once, if they don’t bring it up or talk to you back post it onto the forums. LotC is a community and its ban reports are visible, if they get locked or hidden call them out on it, the entire community can beat the staff’s ass with it
  2. Getting the full picture, you need to add context to situations, prior encounters, what they’ve done to you or other people (with evidence preferably) and if not then just a story of how all the events played out, try bolding the key features of what you are talking about, such as phrases, words or actions to further solidify the ongoings of the player.
Edited by LorelessPuddleMancer