[✗] [CA Race Lore] - Nathair

tadabug2000

+1. Not a lot of creature races that put the player “at the bottom” as you say. Looks interesting. 

Some really nice art to go with a pretty decent idea!

Funnily enough i was just brainstorming up something else made of sneeple! The more the merrier!

Personally I like this concept as it’s very much a toned down and neater version for what I expect a CA race to be. The rest of this section will be solely my opinion, and I hope it maybe helps think about the species a bit more!

However, I do think that the sections regarding the ‘eyesight’ of a Nathair are unneeded, and could perhaps just remain as a simple quirk to the species. Meaning, you could probably just merge the section if you still wish to keep it instead of breaking it into two parts. Also, could there be some cases where the ‘spectacle’ could be part of the human form as well? I think that would be interesting, a bit obvious that the person isn’t human, but still a comical idea that their disguises are not always perfect. Early signs that a Nathair is getting ready to shed would also be very interesting.

The difference in strength as you stated [be it weaker in combat and a lack of stamina] would probably also effect their actual agility in combat as well. The weight of carrying a [1-handed or 2-handed] sword could be quite immense, and it could essentially weigh down the Nathair. However, one could argue that the exact swords they wield are indeed very lightweight as well. Perhaps they are trained to use multiple to their advantage, and it would be a lot less stressful on their body to carry those weapons. I think this trait easily reflects on their natural ‘cunning’ and ‘sly’ nature as well. For the swordsmanship section, I believe it should be toned down to [light weight] daggers, knives, or swords because of their lack in physical strength.

I do like their ‘shedding’ ability and being able to go back/forth between human and true form. I’m glad to see a lot of restrictions and additions to their ‘mental’ stability, especially from being raised at birth. For their age, does it mean that it’s often not seen that Nathair live from 200-300, or is that typically the limit for this species? Personally, I would like to learn a bit more about the ‘The Concealer, The Guardian and The Bestower’ lore as well, and perhaps how Nathair live/strive in a society consisting of just them. Although they have a very concrete idea for their knowledge seeking and distributing nature, it would be cool to see more advances with their culture as well.

Apologies for talking so long, but I really do like this idea! I hope that it passes, since I think this is really neat. Overall I’m glad that there are clear red-lines and examples to the abilities as well.
+1

Edited by UmbreScye

Thank you for the feedback UmbreSyce! If the race does get accepted we will definitely be looking at what you have suggested and making changes! If you have any other questions feel free to msg me on discord! Jax#6776

Edited by Jaxon_Hargrave

2 minutes ago, Jaxon_Hargrave said:

Thank you for the feedback UmbreSyce! If the race does get accepted we will definitely be looking at what you have suggested and making changes!

I hope my feedback helps, apologies if it seems a bit rough or vague. It has been a while since I saw a race like this that is not inherently over-powered, so I very much appreciate lore piece. It will bring a lot of interesting role-play into the server, I am sure of it. Good luck on getting accepted, I hope to try playing one if it does! ?

What the ****? Another gender-swapping erotica, sub-druid playerbase in the making? If you want shapeshifting, go for izkuthii, fat no from me 

On a serious note. Remove gender swapping and this lorepiece should be fine, otherwise i’ll break myself apart 

I was so close to supporting this, I love lore that gives sick downsides, but you added gender swapping. Unlike Snow I’m not going to assume your motives are of an erp based nature but why do you view it as needed?

12 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

I was so close to supporting this, I love lore that gives sick downsides, but you added gender swapping. Unlike Snow I’m not going to assume your motives are of an erp based nature but why do you view it as needed?

36 minutes ago, BrainHurty said:

What the ****? Another gender-swapping erotica, sub-druid playerbase in the making? If you want shapeshifting, go for izkuthii, fat no from me 

On a serious note. Remove gender swapping and this lorepiece should be fine, otherwise i’ll break myself apart 

The reason it was added was due to the idea of gathering knowledge and having some rarely able to have two genders, being able to gather more information due to this or be able to help others who are more inclined to be drawn to one gender or the other, such as if a lost child needs a father figure to help them, that Nathair can do so, same if a lost young girl would prefer a mother figure to help them opposed to a strange man walking up to them.

This can not be used for erp due to reproduction only being possible through the snake form and the whole point of this race is to not have the ability to feel romantic feelings or lust. If someone did try to use this for erp or anything of the like it would be against the rules and nature of the race.

This was not intended to be used as an erp idea, the reason so many redlines exist on them feeling romantic feelings and lust is due to us wanting to avoid any use in erp.

If anyone has any further questions please message myself (Jax#6776) on discord or Blue_Due (Samuel the Cannibal#9401)

Edited by Jaxon_Hargrave

24 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

This is clearly not an erp race, the Nathair have no ability to feel romance and make a child simply for the progression of their race. You refer to their gender swapping somehow supporting erp, but they may not reproduce in their human form, the only benefit from the gender swapping is a different appearance.

Additionally, the Heterochromatic Nathair have 1 biological gender, just two human forms of each gender.

10 hours ago, tadabug2000 said:

Heterochromatic Nathair, having one hazel and one green eye, are born with the ability to change into both female and male human forms. Their Nahair form is still assigned a random gender at birth, but they may choose which gender of human form they transform into.

10 hours ago, tadabug2000 said:

As the Nathair are reptiles they view romance in a very different light to more mammal based races and, are in fact, entirely incapable of it.