Steel Horizon - RP Thread

The_Mad_Skylord

Grand Principality of Cumberland

fev_QSCe5V1wYZOmfuV7RAxkxD3FMZO2I6xzOe_JWhkS8IehUpN3asg-J0D0l5T-EoDa_J9BbTbYF7e0kpSsWht7xPlc2EV26eSOqU8MGaFEHSGZZuyexF8SDymrLwonM8myrpPv

Overview

Spoiler

Leadership:

Grand Prince Maximillian Randgritz

Chancellor Lancelot Stern

Defence Minister Winston Townsend

Population:

Economy:

Population: 11,000

Settlements: 11,000

Commercial Districts: 24,000

Trade: 15,000

Trade Depots: 42,000

Civilian Factories: 25,000

Upkeep: 3,000

Total Income Before Upkeep: 128,000

Total Income After Upkeep: 125,000, 120,000 this turn due to piracy

Income After Expenditure: 0

Trade Partners:

Carnelian Sultanate

Commonwealth of Valdak

Grand Duchy of Praharavka

Juverin Republic

Gwangnan Dominion

Tierra Roja

Commonwealth of Grenheim

Free Guilds of Estfeld

Anaerin Confederacy

The Karakhwa

Free Provinces

Republic of Emmeria

Erdemir Industries

Perzah

Caliphate of Ozan

Cities and Towns:

Randgritz (Capital, Metropolis): 7 Airshipyards, 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Steel Refineries, 1 Vitraium Refinery, 7 Civilian Factories.

Armathwaite (City): 4 Heavy Industry, 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Steel Refineries, 1 Vitraium Refinery.

Bassenwaite (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Civilian Industry.

Oxlease (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Civilian Industry.

Gascoyne (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 3 Civilian Industry.

Salisbury (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 10 Civilian Industry.

Battenford (Town): Nil

Production:

Vitramite Mines: 2 Unit

Vitraium Refineries: 2 Unit, 2 Units Used

Steel Refineries: 15 Units, 12 Units Used

Airshipyards: 16 Units

Heavy Industry: 4 Units

Buildings:

Commercial Districts: x6

Trade Depots: x6

Vitramite Mines: x2

Vitraium Refineries: x2

Steel Refineries: x5

Airshipyards: x8

Heavy Industry: x4

Civilian Factories: x25

Army: 

Infantry: 10,000

Infantry Veterans: 8,000

Cavalry: 10,000

Field Artillery: 200 Guns

Howitzers: 25 Guns

Rarefied Sky Cavalry: 100 Fighters

Airship Navy: 

Battleships: 1

Battlecruisers: 1

Corvettes: 10

Destroyers: 4

Cruisers: 2

Upkeep: 

Army: 1,000 Gold, 0 Vitraium

Airship Navy: 2,000 Gold, 2 Vitraium

Roleplay:

The Principality was in a state of Pseudo-War with the ACP having its expeditionary army fighting in some of the heaviest conflict zones of the civil war and supporting Corvin. Within the Principality itself there is a general scare due to the reaction of the events that occured in the International, the Cumberland Communist Party is designated an illegal organisation, punishment for being a proscribed member of said organisation would be met with a life sentence of forced labour in the Vitramite Mines. The Army would be deployed in force to find out any communist enclaves throughout the Country. 

Naval funding is increased this year with the Admiralty seeking to build six ships in total, two of which being capital ships in order to finally have enough ships to combat the pirates off their coast. A deal is struck with the Carnelian Sultanate to sell the designs for a Battlecruiser Turbine to allow for capital ships of greater speed though lacking in armour. The Army also manages to secure funding to recruit more soldiers, as it is generally considered that the Royal Army is lacking with losses sustained in the Civil War. 

The Free Guilds of Estfeld had spurned the Grand Prince and his Ministers as far as the Court was concerned, having claimed territory to the South that the Principality had planned to expand into was leading to tensions being raised. For now a general cooling of relations with the Freeguilds would begin, withdrawing a Trade Agreement with them and choosing instead to trade with the Venzeatic League instead.

Actions

The Town constructed in the previous year would be the focal point of turning it into a new City. (12,500)

Two Vitramite Mines would be constructed (10,000)

Two Vitraium Refineries would be constructed (10,000)

Two Battleships are laid down to be constructed by the following year, complete with full armour. (28,000. 6ASP)

Two Heavy Cruisers are laid down to be constructed by the following year, complete with full armour. (24,000. 6ASP).

Two Cruisers are laid down to be constructed by the following year, complete with full armour. (22,000. 4ASP).

Over Twenty Thousand Infantry Regulars would be sought to be raised this year complete with regular equipment both manufactured and stored. (22,000)

[Redacted] (11,500)

Communism would be cracked down on, the Army within Cumberland would be deployed to begin raids on Communist Meetings. The Communist Party itself is made to be fully illegal and any symbols or iconography of the party and Communism in general would be met with immediate arrest. (Mod)

The Grand Prince announces that workers rights would be expanded, the Prince himself signing into law the eight hour work day. (Mod)

TIERRA ROJA

The southern mountains of Tierra Roja were a wild place. There was a great deal of money to be made in the farthest reaches of the civilised world, as it was said the finest spices were grown far from the cities and hubs of industry. Out here, a man or woman could lose themselves in the myriad of villages, ranches, and plantations; never be found again. Thus, it had always been a haven for outlaws and revolucionarios since it was settled centuries ago. When El Presidente ousted the Anaraeins six years ago, relics of past movements began to slink out from the shadows. Political extremists, wackjobs, and quacks began to organise meetings and speeches, yet for little purpose. The people were not interested in another violent revolution now that they finally threw off the Imperial yoke. Communists? Fascists? Who cares. Tierra Roja was free. All those fancy-talking people merely haggled over minor details.

But faith was also on the rise. Much like the country’s uprisings, faith passed across the lands in waves. Now freedom was won, the hardy fighters of the past sought a new purpose. And that purpose came in the Cult of El Salvador. Tall, muscular men with thick mustaches and bright smiles sauntered into villages to preach. They were always heavily armed—sometimes absurdly so, but it never seemed to detract from their charisma. One such man had come to the small village of Santrivalgo, much to the local’s great curiosity.

Santrivalgo was deep in the Guiles Mountains, and the people raised goats and sheep. It was a sleepy town, with the herdsmen racking in an impressive number of siestas. Yet when the preacher came, the town was suddenly very lively.

“Come, hermana!” Sofia called to her sister, who still dragged her feet slovenly to the main square. “The Paladín is speaking!”

Maldito seas, you stupid rabbit.” Grumbled Valeria. “Why are we running? Is the idiot going to grow a donkey’s tail and take us for a ride?”

“No,” grinned Sofia. “But I overheard Uncle Pedro say he’ll shoot the guy if he says anything revolution-ish!”

Valeria started running after her sister, both of them giggling girlishly at the thought. The two finally arrived in the dusty square, where a small crowd had gathered around the village well. The people’s sizable sombreros did nothing to obscure the figure, which leaned casually on the well’s side, smirking roguishly and twirling his mustache. He wore little more than simple, white peasant’s garb, but in place of finer clothes he carried an armory. A rifle was slung on one shoulder, and a shotgun was hanging from the other. Two revolvers adorned his belt, and a shiny sabre rattled against their iron barrels. Along with heavy bandoleers of bullets, a normal man would be moving awkwardly, yet the Paladín stood so naturally he could have been wearing nothing at all. The two girls could hear little at the back of the crowd, and so pushed through the adults until they were closer to the stranger.

“... and sadly for the bandidos, I had a knife hidden in my boot. I dispatched two of them, but I gave the leader a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of El Salvador by challenging him to a duel.” He took a swig from his canteen, and smiled. “He was not a good swordsman, but perhaps his cowardice was forgiven.”

“Why did you fight the leader like that, and not his comrades as well?” A voice called from the crowd.

“It is as El Salvador says,” The Paladín remarked. “’a man bereft of glory cares little of obtaining it. But when he must choose between glory and death, he will choose glory every time.’ Were they to outnumber me, they would scramble for their guns instead. With only himself left, he was willing to have a fair fight.”

“Who’s El Salvador?” Valeria blurted out without thinking. The eyes of the locals all turned to her, and the Paladín’s eyes twinkled.

“A good question, mi señora. Some might argue it is the only question that matters. Our Saviour is the only one worth praying to, and the only one worth following. I’ll tell you what...” The handsome preacher twirled his mustache again, and smirked. “You promise me that you will pray to him tonight, and I shall tell you the story.” At this, Valeria shrugged and nodded her agreement. It wasn’t as if he would know whether she did it or not.

“A long time ago,” The Paladín began, “there was a village, much like this one, that was preyed upon by the local rulers. Back then, a proper gun was an unwieldy thing, requiring fuses, bags of powder, and often exploded if not handled properly. Hence, most folks preferred good, old-fashioned steel.” He petted his sabre while he continued his tale.

“The local soldiers abused the villagers, stole their goats and cattle, mistreating their wives and daughters, and walked away with their livelihoods. Not once did they face repercussions, for the villagers were weak and timid. Each day, they prayed for deliverance from their plight. One day, their deliverance came.” The Paladín paused, clearly for dramatic effect.

“One morning, a vagabondo wandered into the village. He was a friendly sort, but he carried a frightening scimitar on his belt. The people feared he was a bandit, but before they could consider it further the soldiers arrived again for their usual indulgences. As the dreadful men wandered off to their preferred hovels to plunder, the vagabondo approached the captain. He demanded a duel to the death!” Some of the crowd listened on curiously, while others shook their heads and scoffed. The preacher didn’t seem to care either way, almost entirely absorbed within his own story.

“The captain laughed at this, and ordered his men to kill the uppity pauper. With two swipes of his blade, the two soldiers fell. And so the captain ordered any men within earshot to slay the Vagabondo, and each one fell like the first. The Vagabondo did not take a single step towards the captain, repeating his demand for a duel between each fight. It wasn’t long before only he and the captain were remained. Finally, the captain accepted the duel, and died an honorable death—likely the first honorable thing he had ever done.”

”When the people milled out from the houses and saw the dead tyrants, they showed not gratitude but fear of reprisals! At the very mention of this, the Vagabondo laughed; “Weak warriors are ruled by weaker men. You have nothing to fear from the inglorious. Follow me, and I will show you the path to the heavens.” This Vagabond was El Salvador - The Savior – and the man myself and others like me seek to emulate.”

“And much like Him, I offer you this, good people – follow me, and I will show you the path to the heavens as well.”

Too caliente for you, Cabron?: 25% bonus profit to trade and trade depots due to delicious spices.
Economy 10: 25% bonus to trade profits.

Dollarydoos:
Capital of Zapta Villa: 10,000 pesos
Population: 11,000 pesos,
Civilian Industry: 29,000 pesos,
Commercial Districts: 20,000 pesos,
Trade: 22,500 pesos
Trade Depots: 52,500 pesos,
Puerto Riquez: 10,000 pesos,
-Upkeep: -5000 pesos,
-Damnable Pirates: -5000 pesos,
Total Spendaroonies: 144,000 pesos

Production Assets:
-Airship Production: 10ASP
-Ground Forces Production: 3AP 
-Naval Production: 5NP
-Vitarium Mines: 4
-Refined Vitarium: 4 (3 used)
-Steel units: 24 (18 used)

-Further warships are commissioned for pirate-hunting later next year. (-51,000 pesos towards 1 heavy cruiser, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer, and 1 pair of corvettes, all with T3 armour)

-The growing fleet demands a higher output of fuel! Mines are established or refurbished for the growing needs of the airforce. (-15,000 pesos towards 3 vitarium mines)

-The Viatrium is taken to refineries for... refining I suppose. Is it like oil? I dunno. (
-15,000 pesos towards 3 vitarium refineries)

-Industry BOOMS! Does it ever not boom in Tierra Roja? No, I’d say! (
-55,000 pesos towards 11 civilian industry)

-A new town is settled on the plains of the newly claimed territories to the south. The lands are filled with great wealth, and soon they will have it for themselves! (
-5500 pesos towards 1 town)

2500 pesos are safely deposited into El Presidente’s bank account. How can someone speak ill of this service he performs for the people?

HOW CAN A MAN POSSIBLY REACH A GREAT AUDIENCE OF PEOPLE IF THEY MUST BE WITHIN EARSHOT? YELL?! SCREAM??! PURELY COPYING OTHER NATION’S ACTIONS, TIERRA ROJA BEGINS DEVELOPMENT OF RADIOS! (-1RP towards researching radio technology)

DIOS MIO! HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE NEWEST CRAZE IN SHIP-BUILDING, COMPADRE?! THEY CALL THEM “DEDNOOTS! (
-1RP towards researching dreadnought technology)

Land Forces:
30,000 regular Infantry,
200 artillery pieces,
50 Howitzers
Total Upkeep: 1000 pesos

Air Forces:
4 Corvettes,
1 destroyer,
1 Cruiser,
2 Heavy Cruisers,
5 Battleships
Total Upkeep: 4000 Pesos, 3 vitarium

Investments:
Commercial Districts: 6,
Trade Depots: 6,
Airshipyards: 9
Civilian Industry: 40 (Next turn) 
Heavy Industry: 3
Vitarium Mines: 7 (Next turn)
Vitarium Refineries: 7 (Next turn)
Steel Mills: 8

Cities:
-Zapata Villa [Capital][Metropolis] (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 1 Heavy Industry, 3 Airshipyards, 10 civilian Industry)
-Madero (Commercial District,Trade Depot, 6 Airshipyards, 4 civilian industry)(Next turn)
-Huerta (Trade depot, commercial District, 4 civilian Industry)(Next turn)
-Carranza (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 4 Heavy Industry, 1 civilian industry, 1 airshipyard)(Next turn)
-Diaz (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 3 civilian industry)(Next turn)
-Puerto Riquez (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 3 civilian industry)(Next turn)

Population: 55,204,041

Research:
Advanced engines (1887)
Carriers (1891)
Advanced fighter planes (1892)

El Presidente's Super-Secure Bank account: 14,750 pesos

Edited by Catostrophy

The Karakhwa

Heart of Iron stood before a group of his best chiefs. The Iron Dogs stood nearest, their favor denoted by their proximity. Each of them was a grizzled veteran of war, with the singular woman in the group look nearly as much like a man as the rest, her face pock-marked by gasoline burns and shrapnel. 

To the side, stood Cloud Hunter and her followers, whose names Heart of Iron had failed to ask after. He would have to remedy that.

“We will strike at their industry once more this year, hitting them in the places that will make them bleed the most. The Klendari cannot be allowed to modernize so quickly, they must be kept in check. As f-”

“Why?” said a clear voice, cutting through his authoritative rumble like glass.

Heart of Iron looked up and found Cloud Hunter staring him in the eyes, with her arms crossed. Damned girl, when was she going to learn?

“Because we aid our allies,” said Heart of Iron. “And destroying their infrastructure will stall a threat that may one day come for Yotal’s Throne.”

“Why do we protect the Carnelians? What have they done for us but return us our just freedom?”

A rumble moved through the crowd of chiefs then, and one old war dog at the front pulled his pipe out of his toothless gums long enough to spit and look at Cloud Hunter with beady, bright eyes. “You speak like child. Why why why? Silence yourself, hear your elders wisdom.”

“Your elders wisdom will struggle to pass through your rotting gums, He Who Choses Fire,” snapped Cloud Hunter, before turning to the crowd. “We are raiders, chosen of the sky. Why should we help those who enslaved us? Why should we not loot and plunder the Klendari for our own gain, instead of their own?”

“Cloud Hunter,” said Heart of Iron, his voice crackling with ancient thunder. “You will be silent for the rest of this council, or you will not raid for this season.”

She was wild, she had been ever since she was a child. But this was no longer acceptable. To so openly challenge him, to so easily challenge tradition. But as she subsided back into her corner, a furious look on her face, Heart of Iron’s unease came not from her, but from the almost approving looks he had seen scattered throughout the crowd when she spoke.

----------------------

“Dear Mother,

I know that this letter is likely not to reach you, or that tragedy may have befallen you in my absence. I know too that you may burn it when you read my name upon the envelope. I do not write to apologize for abandoning you, Theresa and Joseph, nor do I write to notify you of my imminent return. 

Your resentment no doubt runs deep, and that I brought shame unto the family in abandoning Cumberland during the war. Yet I write this from the deck of my own ship, manned by a crew more loyal than any officer could hope for in the navy, for these men and women are my family.

Instead, I write to you now to tell you that I have found a path, opened to me in the heart of carnage. This path will never lead me home, and I have found peace in this. 

With this letter, I have included enough gold for you to sustain Theresa and Joseph until she marries, and he is of age to work. 

I wish you the best in life, whether you believe me or not.

Your Son,

Solomon

Solomon lifted his pen from the parchment and tapped away the extra ink before leaning back and sighing. The serenity that had envelopped him since meeting the woman within the moving cities carcass had scared him before. Now though, he could see it for what it was. Peace. Acceptance of a path that he could not see, veiled as it was by the vaporous twists and turns of the future. 

He put a hand on the saber, lying on the desk in front of him and closed his eyes for a moment, letting the feeling of peace sink down to his very bones, like a warm shower. Peace had beaten him a path through his troubles, massaging away the many knots of anxiety that still twisted within him at the many prospects that lay ahead of him. Now, there was only one path. The one that he chose, when the time came to chose.

Expenses

Civilian Districts: 17 (85.000G)

New Settlement: 1 (5.500G)

Air Shipyard: 1 (10.000G)

Vitramite Mine: 1 (5.000G)

Vitraium Refinery: 1 (5.000G)

Heavy Industry: 1 (7.500G)

Yotal’s Hawk, 5000G, Veteran, 3ASP

4 Corvettes, 4000G, Veteran, 2ASP

100 Thunderbirds, 8000G, Regular, 3AP

14.500G in excess is shipped to the Carnelian Sultanate.

Research

Godwhisperer ends. In its stead, a new project is launched. One to perfect and advance air-baised torpedoes to a whole new level. Faster, more accurate, more powerful. The new model is to be launched from destroyers or corvettes and is designed for quick reloading. It is labelled the Sky Wolf by Karakhwa science men. (Passive Slot)

Actions

Once again, the Karakhwa fleets muster to launch their raids. 

1 Yotal’s Hawk, with two fighters attached.

12 Destroyers

8 Corvettes

This time, they split once more into many small groups, typically numbering no more than three ships, but more likely 2 or 1. They will strike quick and deep, aiming to disrupt railways, factories, mines and quarries, or resource rich areas while Yotal’s Hawk flies high in the heavens and scouts a prime target for Cloud Hunter and her squadron of 2 destroyers and 1 corvette.

Indeed, they will aim for an ambitious strike, trying to use the Yotal’s intel to raid a major production facility, be it either a coal mine, a factory or even a university, should it not be too well ensconced within Klendari secure airspace. If a target is found, then guns, bombs and tomahawks will fall upon the target, leaving nothing but ruins before leaving once more.

No mercy for the people of the mud.

STEEL HORIZON

Chaos continues to reign in the world, and its eyes focus particularly upon the Free Provinces this year. Enrico Reinzo, leader of the Nationalists, is freed from his dreary prison cell by a massive mob of enraged citizens, soldiers and sailors. Huge turmoil is felt across the Free Provinces as the Free Provinces’ Army and Navy, always extremely conservative, disdainful of Communism and supportive of Reinzo - who was a highly decorated officer in the Great War - storm hundreds of government buildings, while freeing their leader. Reinzo is swept to power, not in the slow and brutal mash of a civil war, but on the glorious tidal wave of a coup d’etat performed with enormous grassroots support. Indeed, not just the FPA and FPN were involved - thousands upon thousands of citizens happily led the charge to put Reinzo in power. On the steps of the Auditoria Gloire, Reinzo proudly dictates the world famous “Redemption” speech to his nation. He boldly proclaims the Free Provinces to now be the Union of Greater Modevia - or simply Greater Modevia - and pronounces to the world that the shames of the past shall not be repeated! That Greater Modevia was the leading power of the world, and that she shall be redeemed in the fires of turmoil that breed truly great nations! Within the first weeks, he lives up to the promises of turmoil, as his newly established Secret Police lead a violent crackdown on the Communists. The Communist Party of the Free Provinces (CPFP), with most of their manpower and equipment committed abroad, attempt to launch several uprisings, but are quickly crushed due to a lack of popular support. Socialist blood runs in the streets, and it seems the world finally has a power that will stand against the Red Menace.

To the south, there is no quick victory to be had in the Cantons of the Anaraein Confederacy. While Corvin has all but taken victory at Aranak, the Corvinist Army has largely failed to shatter the heart of the ACP army in a long series of offensives fought along the entire front. The ACP, initially struggling to contain Corvin’s momentum and more experienced troops, have finally stopped ceding ground. Over the course of the winter, the ACP successfully reorganises her forces. By Spring, they are well prepared. On March 19th, 1888, the ACP begins “Operation Phoneutria” with a huge armoured thrust towards Saltic, directly to the north of Aranak. This begins a long series of attacks that sends Corvin reeling. The 1st and 2nd ACP Tank Armies capture the vital industrial city of Saltic. The 2nd Tank Army continues to attack other objectives, but the 1st Tank Army swings south, launching the start of what will be a massive attempt to envelop the Corvinist Forces in Aranak, even as ACP forces in and around the city begin to launch their own counter-attacks. All observers are in agreement - it will be a bloody year for the Anaraeins.

From the north comes better news for the less Socialist powers of the world. An attempted Communist putsch in Pozharin is brutally crushed, and much of the Communist Party of Pozharin’s power is lost in the fighting. What’s more, Tsar Laurent officially begins talks with members of the more democratically aligned of the nation, and he finally agrees to hold elections for government. Laurent will remain the Head of State, as Pozharin finally takes steps towards becoming a constitutional monarchy.

The First Internationale remains defiant against Capitalism and the unenlightened nations of the world, but something of a spanner is thrown into their works. Many nations simply use the gathering International Brigades as an excuse to arrest or kill hardcore militants when they are disorganised. As a result, a spree of minor Communist insurgencies ripples across the world, but many of them have little in the way of effect. Still, many thousands of Internationale volunteers do make it to the Anaraein Confederacy, and many play a huge role in the fighting. 

In the Klendari Sultanate, things go on much the same as usual - Altpekin continues his reforms, and the first tanks roll into Klendari service. What’s more, rumours of a new project surrounding airships is heard from the region as well, though little can be verified at the present. It is evident, however, that Karakhwan meddling is making a difference as the Royal Klendari Navy is furiously ordered to deal with these pests in any way possible. Otherwise, things are relatively peaceful in the south this year, as previously recluse nations once again come out of isolation to deal with a world that is slowly beginning to stabilise.

The naval arms race goes on, as rumours of successful Venzeatic exploration filter around the world. Younger or lesser powers, seeing a great chance for power and relevance, quickly seize the opportunity to catch up to the larger naval powers. Volta-Solvan lays down another 3 dreadnoughts, and officially puts their older pre-dreadnought battleship fleet up for sale, while the Klendari match them with another 3. Both Grenheim and Estfeld purchase another dreadnought each, while the Vost Confederacy begins the makings of their own modern fleet, ordering a total of 3 dreadnoughts from Pozharin shipyards. A great slew of exploration begins, as both private and government sponsored explorers set out across the world, many never to return.

Finally, Abigdal Ben-gal continues his attacks with fervor, but struggles now to launch attacks with powers employing dreadnought battleships. His fury falls away from nations such as Volta-Solvan, and instead upon nations such as the Nazr Dynasty and the Carnelian Sultanate, as he hunts for easier prey in a world finally catching up with him.

THE COMMONWEALTH OF VALDEK

A superior UAM will be in service by 1889.

Tanks will be ready by 1889.

Chucho, the famous racer and infamous smuggler, is approached by a mysterious figure…. (Discord)

Aranak rages on, as the Communists launch their counter attack. (Discord)

THE GRAND DUCHY OF PRAHARAVKA

Pozharin politely declines to sell the beginning of their new fleet, stating that it will be needed in this new era of exploration and strife.

Corvin offers to sell production rights for 800 Arach Mk VII light tanks to the Grand Duchy, for the license fee of 10’000G. The Arach Mk VII will cost 6AP and 12’000G to produce.

Piracy. -5000G

THE VENZEATIC LEAGUE

The First Internationale instead universally condemns and denounces the League, declaring their attempted espionage to be both immoral and pathetic. They demand reparations from Venza for their brass-necked and dishonourable conduct!

Trade is accepted.

What better way to civilise the savage than by enslav- I mean, enlightening him! (Discord)

Estfeld renews their commitment to an anti-piracy pact, providing a squadron of destroyers, Grenheim also joins this pact, providing a dreadnought, in a clear attempt to embarrass Estfeld.

Piracy. -5000G

Venzeatic films have become something of a cultural icon, and the League experiences an economic boost this year as hundreds of promising directors debut. +5000G

THE NAZR DYNASTY

A tentative date of 1894 is placed upon a mechanised vehicle.

A semi-automatic rifle will be ready by 1895.

Piracy ravages the undefended Nazr sky. -5000G

THE FREE JUNTA

A semi-auto rifle will be ready by 1900, claims some members of the contracted company.

Brazenly mixing together chemicals is… not wise. Instead, the idiots manage to accidentally invent chlorine gas, but manage to kill a considerable number of people in the process. Gas unlocked, -60000G

For now, steel makers fail to make a new alloy.

Piracy burns across Free Junta trade lanes. -3000G.

THE REPUBLIC OF EMMERIA

Emmeria is again subject to piracy, always from the west. -5000G

THE CARNELIAN SULTANATE

A territorial Perzah once again begins to grumble about the unconcerned and intrusive Carnelian settlement.

The Baresh Rail line is built in record time, with excellent coordination between the two nations.

This new “machine pistol” will apparently be ready by 1893, say HB designers.

Ben-gal always takes the chance to strike at the nation who “tamed” his less fierce and warlike kinsmen. -7000G

THE PHILOSOPHATE OF ARPINIUM

Football! While it has long been a well liked sport among many across the world, it has never been played professionally. Both the Arpinium Rovers and Arpinium United are quickly emulated, as the idea of professional football begins to take hold among the lower classes. +2000G this turn.

Radio will be ready by 1890.

Vitraium production is a tricky business, and it is said improvements to the process will be ready by 1891.

Antibiotics are an incredibly novel idea, and only the renowned thinkers of Arpinium could come up with something so new so fast. The first batch of “penicillin” will be prepared for 1889.

Arpinian trade, one of the only nations in the world to have an aquatic navy, is actually relatively safe from Ben-gal, who lives in fear of his ships being vulnerable by flying too low.

THE GRAND PRINCIPALITY OF CUMBERLAND

The Communists cry “Though they offer us concessions, change will not come from above!”. Cumberland experiences a particularly violent minor uprising, as the gathering International Brigade opts to put up a bitter fight against police forces arriving to disarm and arrest them. (Discord)

Piracy. -5000G

TIERRA ROJA

Tierra Rojan radio will be ready for 1890, in a rare show of non-drunken productivity.

The terrifying “Dednoot” will be ready by 1889. Trvly the world lives in fear of the Tierra Rojan Navy, led by the TRS Dednoot…

Piracy. -5000G

THE KARAKHWA

The Karakhwa are geniuses of light naval combat, and they quickly take to the idea of a better torpedo. By 1889, the Sky Wolf will be ready for production.

Karakhwan raids strike deep and true, and Heart of Iron takes home much plunder, even from his policy of attacking factories and infrastructure. While it is a successful raiding year, however, Klendari vengeance fast approaches, as Arslan Pasha opts to lead a punitive attack against Karakhwan traveling cities in their home territories. +15’000G (Discord)

Republic of Emmeria

qaCpQfH.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

-----------
Emmeria Info
54,160,283 Emmerians
POI: Fields of Emmer +1% Growth
6 Cities
Gracemeria (Metro-Capital): 1 SM, 3 HI, 1 TD
Stratford (City): 1 SM, 1 TD
Grand River (City): 1 SM, 2 HI, 1 TD
Vulcan (City): V Mine/Refinery, 1 TD,
Glendale (City): 1 SM, 1 TD

Sanctuary (Town): V Mine/Refinery, 1 TD

Income/Production
6 SM: 18 Steel
2 V Mine & Refinery: 2 RV

6 ASY: 6 ASP
5 HI: 5 AP
Metro 10,000g

6 Trade Depots: 30,000 +5%= 31,500g

6 Commercial Districts (Gracemeria, Grand River, Glendale, Vulcan, Stratford) 36,000g
12 CI: 12,000g

1 City: 3,000g
50m Pop 10,000g
Trade - 11,550 + 5% = 12,125g
Steel Trade to Verda (7): 7,000g
Naval Upkeep: -1,000g/1V
Previously Unspent: 2,625g
Piracy: -5,000g
Total 118,250g

Stockpile
31 Units of Steel
10 Units of Refined Vitraium

---------Actions--------

With new technology paving the way for war and defense, government looks more internally. They attempt to research a more effective and efficient way to mine and extract Vitramite (1R, 92)

The ERA (Emmerian Republican Army) works to expand the capabilities of their Ranger and Airborne divisions. Attempting to study a proper way to allow troops to deploy from the sky without landing ships (1R)

As Emmeria continues to benefit from its Steel production they begin work in creating a more efficient process with modern tools and machinery. Hoping to allow facilities to produce more than they already do. (1 R)

Vulcan Industries lays down more ships for expanding the navy. 2 more Destroyers and a Cruiser are being constructed (6 ASP, 11,000g)

8 more Civilian Industry is constructed (40,000g)

A Vitramite Mine and Refinery is constructed at Gracemeria (10,00g)

Project Owl - 56,250 + 20% = 67,500

Emmeria alongside the Gwangnam Dominion dispatches a small division of troops to scour the mountains in the hopes of locating or finding these pirates that continue to plague their trade (Mod)

The Free Junta

The Junta Guard was abuzz with the newly announced R31 Semi-Automatic rifle, its prototypes performance was incredible and the ability to put way more lead down range excited the new recruits of the Guard. Whispers of a better communication method and even ammo went up and down the vine but was kept quiet. Arrival of the first tanks however was greatly exaggerated to the infantry, the ability to both ride and be supported by them would be a great boon.

Sightings of the navy circulated throughout the rural towns of the Junta’s territory, their large cruisers occasionally flying over on patrol and gracing them with their presence. Eagerly their crews seeked the foes necessary for killing innocents and hampering income to their great nation.

Population: 40,800,000 Juntans

Nation’s Yearly Expenditure Budget: 80,800 Aurum, 4 Steel, 1 ASP, 1 NP, 6 AP 
(30,000 Aurum) The Airman Advisory corp granted funding and material toward the construction of three more air-shipyards. [3+ ASP]

(5,000 Aurum) 2 more steel mills are built. (6+ S)

(7,000 Aurum, 1 AP) 5,000 Regular Infantrymen are called up and given their respective equipment and training. [T3, Regular Training]

(3 AP, 8,000 Aurum) 100 Medium tanks are built up forming the first parts of the armored corp.

(2 AP, 6,000 Aurum) 100 Fighters are built up and added to the Airman Advisory corps roster. 

(1 ASP, 2,000 Aurum) 2 more corvettes are laid down and prepared to fly by the end of the year.

(15,000 Aurum) Purchasing the schematics and research to properly produce tanks, time is then spent on drawing up terrestrial designs. 

(Deployment of fleet) 3 CA’s and 6 corvettes are dispatched to engage the pirates raiding the trade of the nation. Corvettes are used to scout and escort the Heavy cruisers, engaging only with their bigger brothers. 
Research Expenditure: 3 Slots

[Slot 1] [Infantry Rifle Research] R31 Semi-Automatic Research [1900 set date] 

[Slot 2] [Radio] With such a vast distance from place to place in the nation, a better way to communicate would be needed.

[Slot 3] [Better small arms ammo] Shooting at someone long distance had become significantly easier as the eras went, the invention of rifling and bullets sure enough helped. To follow the trend of a general improvement for the grunts, the Long-neck Ballistics Research group was hired to design and test multiple new rounds with a great more focus placed on the R-31 Semi ammo.

Edited by Devland99

O3uaqpbfXfyl5KP9OvDT3edk7G_a8ZLt_TjnL1Hf-oedhv24vLMPHZbO4Os5CZ7ldP3EGkFZ3XPQec_HYMT38sZjuEeyMs_JzRPvaCFPuHx4GdVe5zbP59QO43vK8H1JVKyuvx-Q

GRAND DUCHY OF PRAHA

INTER-SERVICE RIVALRY

Lt-Col. Poludnitsev’s tank brigade has been redeployed to the interior heartland of Praharavka. Therefore, they had much to talk about during their downtime. Essentially, nearly every day was shore-leave. There wasn’t much use for their tanks in the midst of friendly territory - especially not tearing up what few paved roads the country possessed.

To many, Praharavka could be seen as a rural backwater. Were it not due to the Northern Railroad Junction, there would be nearly no connection to the outside world. Fewer rails actually join Praharavka’s cities to one another. Travel was restricted to dirt paths. And as the tanks roll through, one might be certain that there’d be not much left of that road.

Poludnitsev was a native to the Praharavkan capital of St. Abelsburg. Meanwhile, his crewmates were pulled from all disparate corners of the realm. Alexei was a northern, through and through. It reflected in him - cold and unforgiving. Bogdan was a woodlander, hailing from Praharavka’s densely wooded, western frontier. He was a realist, most in tune with the natural order. On the other hand, the innocent Baranovich claimed descent from a lineage of farmers, cultivating the southern Prahan fields. Because of this diversity in their ranks, their crew drew upon the experience of all ends of Praharavkan society. A motley bunch, but a bond strong as steel.

Due to Poludnitsev’s familiarity with the local area, he knew all the best places in the city. Their leave had taken them to the Cornerstone Crevice, one of the best, though affordable, taverns in the district. The crew, all five of them, were all huddled around a circular table near the window. They sat upon high stools, with numerous mugs at varying degrees of emptiness in front of them. The men made the most of their time, enjoying an honest conversation as a waitress swung by and offered Alexei and Bogdan new glasses.

With mug in hand, Ludomir scoffed, “You hear? The War Ministry is cutting more of the Army’s funding in favor of the PRAC.”

“Course they are.” remarked Poludnitsev, focusing on the contents of his glass, “There’s nothing glamorous about being covered in sh-t and mud. People would rather serve in the Air Corps if given the chance.”

“Not me.” Bogdan said, as he finished off his drink. “I volunteered for this sh-t.”

“Yeah?” Baranovich raised a brow. Though technically the new kid, he acclimated himself to the crew. “How’d you score on the aptitude test?”

“2150.”

“Goddamn.” said Baranovich in astonishment.  “That could’ve landed you a cushy job as a fleet signals officer.”

“Mhm. But instead, I’m stuck here with you sad bastards.” he chuckled, beckoning the waitress for a refill.

“Good thing. Fuckin’ hate those fly-boys. Think they’re hot sh-t.” Alexei cursed.

Ludomir looked up and paused. He craned his head over the booth, past the heads of his comrades. From where he sat, he could get a clear view of the entrance. A bell chimed as the door flung open and entered a band of airmen in their bright blue dress uniforms and caps, kempt and pristine. They walked and presented themselves with an air of arrogance - leaning upon the front counter with smug and punchable faces. “Speak of the Devil.” he murmured.

A few glances shot towards the airmen, as they proved to be obscenely loud and boisterous. “Aviators.” Alexei spat, a wad of spittle landed on the hardwood floor to the side. Alexei practically seethed.

Baranovich reached over, grabbing Alexei’s arm, “Hey, bud, you alright?” Alexei shook off his grip.

“Alright, let’s not do anything hasty.” advised Poludnitsev. “You know what - think we’re done here, right?” he called the waitress over, quickly tossing some bills onto the table as he asked for the check.

They quickly stood, and gathered their belongings, and made for the exit. However, one of the airmen intercepted them. Whether he was looking for a tussle was unknown. But as he stood face to face with Alexei, it was not lung until the fists started flying.

A brief exchange, and then pandemonium. In truth, nobody even remembered what the man had said, only that he had been knocked straight onto his back. As both parties rushed to aid their comrades, several knees to gut, quick punches, and kicks were exchanged, leaving the airmen reeling in pain and on the ground. They quickly departed the scene, bursting through the door, and leaving through the back alleys. Their noses were bloodied, though they had made scampered off in good spirits and laughed along the way.

PRAHA INFO

Head of State: H.M. Anatoly II Ehrenkhov, Grand Duke of Praha

Population: 58,537,931 (11,000g)

Trade Partners: (15,000g) 

1 Metropolis 

• Saint Abelsburg [Starting Metropolis - 10,000g] (Trade Depot - 7,000g) (6 Civilian Industry - 6,000g) (2 Steel Mills - 6 Steel) (3 Heavy Industry - 3 AP) (1 Vitramite Refinery) (2 Airship Yard - 2 ASP)

5 Cities

• Rovna [Starting]  (1 Commercial District - 4,000g) (Trade Depot -7,000g) (5 Airship Yard - 5 ASP) (2 Civilian Industry - 2,000g) (1 Vitramite Refinery)

• Volna [Starting] (1 Commercial District - 4,000g) (Trade Depot - 7,000g) (3 Heavy Industry - 3 AP) (2 Civilian Industry - 2,000g) (1 Steel Mill - 3 Steel) (1 Vitramite Refinery - 1 Vitramite)

• Setlava [Starting] (1 Commercial District - 4,000g) (Trade Depot - 7,000g) (3 Heavy Industry - 3 AP) (2 Steel Mill - 6 Steel) (8 Civilian Industry - 8,000g) (1 Vitramite Refinery - 1 Vitramite) (2 Airship Yard - 2 ASP)

• Berzina [Starting] (1 Commercial District - 4,000g) (Trade Depot - 7,000g) (2 Steel Mill - 6 Steel) (2 Heavy Industry - 3 AP) (3 Civilian Industry - 3,000g)

• Tisova [Starting] (1 Commercial District - 4,000g) (Trade Depot - 7,000g) (3 Heavy Industry - 3 AP) (1 Steel Mill - 3 Steel) (2 Civilian Industry - 2,000g) (1 Airship Yard -  1 ASP)

1 Town

• Pavlovsk [Built - 1,000g]

Vitraium

• 4 Vitraium Mines

National Idea - PRAC Logistics: Airship upkeep thresholds at 15 freighters, 15 corvettes, 5 DD-CA, and 3 B-CV.

POIs: Northern Railroad Junction: +5000g per turn

RESEARCH (8 EDUCATION)

kbbXTkSnSOQqzLxNqI60kPUAXwlOn1gmI5FVg1bYvF3oavZ2ub6m5MhugT9NpHEhZpyrGArJ8ELUKnc0R4J3n--6GRkM_PWCBJK-c5mNHmUiizvPrQsKjbbiBuX3GwidudXC7xnj

Research 1: Heavy Tank, LV-5 (Started in ‘88)

A conflict of interest between the Leg Infantry and the Armored Cavalry! While the Armored Cavalry requests additional funds for rapid and lightweight cavalry tanks to keep pace with the motorized troops, the Infantry fears that such vehicles will be unable to weather the modern weapons of war. The War Ministry, for now, agrees with the Foot, allocating resources to the R&D of a next-gen heavy tank!

Pbup9KsFlAhNzI02xTxRpAKr-khv9xEnI1UUbF2lvd2FZr1v35wocZLZaeGr8nufZszHUUjdui7Sk8vVpBC5pnBMmaM-OyslEXRMexTj0oGSR_vonUlojxtXmnd5S64G-MEA7s1c

Research 2: 40mm AA Cannon (Started in ‘88)

During the brief bout against the northern communist nations, the non-viability of machine guns for AA duties was quickly observed. Therefore, the War Ministry approves the research and development of a high-caliber weapon capable of cutting swathes through low-flying or aircraft coming foolishly close.

xY7Cn-wq7DXUmuJxjmmPW6oCpSHPmUUCU4KIjX3uaZCUD0N5FRK-UtI4TLsqwHC6OprfMpPCtQio8i7jmU0WVEtwxpcu_RoGzKEVTTeWm1W_UHriF71ga4NudbR85jYuTlLPvxUW

Research 3: Aircraft Carriers (Complete in’91)

To bolster the power projection capabilities of the Naval Air Wing, slow but steady progress continues on Praharavka’s aircraft carriers.

INCOME AND EXPENDITURE

Upkeep: 3800g, 3V, 25 Steel

Production/Industrial Capacity: (27 Steel, 3 Vitraium, 3 Vitramite, 10 ASP, 15 AP)

Income: 134,750g (Population - 11,000), (Trade Partners - 15,000), (25% Trade Bonus - 3,750), (Metropolis - 10,000), (Commercial Districts - 24,000g), (Trade Depots - 42,000g) (Civ. Ind. - 23,000g), (Northern Railroad Depot - 5,000) (Town - 1,000g)

-1800g, -2V from Aerial upkeep

-2,000g from infantry upkeep

-1,000g, -1V from tank upkeep

+450 from treasury

-5,000 from piracy

+30,000 from tank design sale

[12,500g] Upgrading Pavlovsk to City

[5,000g] Constructing 2 Steel Mills in Rovna

[5,000g] Constructing Vitraium Mine

[5,000g] Constructing Vitramite Refinery in Berzina

[40,000g] Constructing 8 Civilian Industry in Tisova

[42,000g] Constructing 2 Dreadnoughts; the PRN Vorontsov and Antanovych

[36,000g] A purchase authorized by the War Ministry.

[16,000g] A purchase authorized by the War Ministry.

[???] A technological exchange with a country.

Tf07GQDte-VmeJtOSyaTFE1Bgc1QkJQdh8g7WkCqXZUlUpu5mM-xTW_Vdo2K6WCKVmmiYZ970jM9F_cnbT1NER7nQxhiqmyyInjt4oDpGzZVo2uLSf2ibPmFDqcg6a2A_SL0tp0w

((MOD)) With rumors abound of Terra Incognita, Praharavkan ships set out westwards to find new lands to cultivate and exploit across the corrosive sea. The 1st Armoured Division embarks on transport ships, accompanied by a squadron of warships.

VENZEATIC LEAGUE

((soon

Stats, Cities & Buildings  Hide contents

Stats, Cities & Buildings

Population: 42,448,320 (8k G)

Venza (Metropolis – 10k G) – CD (4k G), CI x 2 (2k G), TD, HI, SM, VR, DY x 3

Altano (Starting City) – CD (4k G), CI (1k G), TD, SM, VR

Volona (Starting City) – CD (4k G), CI (1k G), TD, HI, SM, VR

Revara (Starting City) – CD (4k G), CI (1k G), TD, VR

Matrucci (Starting City) – CD (4k G), CI (1k G), TD

Bonuses & Misc.

20% Trade Bonus

+4 Max Trade Partners

3 Passive Research Slots

Size 4

Army/Navy 1

Aviation 5

Industry 2

Economy 8

Education 6

Development 4

Technologies:

Radio

Cinema

Battlecruisers

Airfleet

Admiral Salvatora Forzza: 15 Prestige

1 Battleship – VLS Venza Victoria

4 Destroyers

10 Corvettes

6 Freighters

Upkeep – 4000 G + 3 V

Army

General Yevgeny Matrushkin

15,000 Regular Infantry

10,000 Regular Light Infantry

25 Howitzers

Resources

4 x Vitramite Mines: 4 Vitramite (4 used per turn)

4 x Vitramite Refineries: 4 Vitraium (3 used per turn)

3 x Steel Mills: 9 Steel (5 used per turn)

---

2 V, 25 S saved last turn

Resources free to use:

3 V, 29 S

Production Capacity

Massive Airshipyard – 5 ASP

2 x Heavy Industries – 2 AP

3 x Dockyards – 3 NP

Trade Partners

Free Guilds of Estfeld

Commonwealth of Grenheim

Commonwealth of Valdek

Carnelian Sultanate

Tiera Roja

Gwangnam Dominion

Anaerin Confederacy – Corvinists

Kingdom of Baresh

Republic of Sorent

Nazr Dynasty

Finances and Upkeep

Pop: 8000 G

Metropolis: 10,000 G

5 x Commercial Districts: 20,000 G

6 x Civilian Industries: 6000 G

12 x Trade Partners (20% Bonus): 14,400 G

5 x Trade Depots: 30,000 G

Movie Boom: 5000 G

Loot: 82,500 G

Saved: 2800

--

Unit Upkeep: -4000 G

Piracy: -5000 G

--

Total –  169,700 G

POI: Massive Airshipyard – 5 ASP

RESEARCH:

• SLOT 1: Bombers – STARTING.
  • SLOT 2: AA Defensive Emplacements – started 1887, due 1890.
  • SLOT 3: Dreadnoughts – started 1887, due 1892.

PRODUCTION:

• 2 x V Mine (10,000 G)
  • 2 x V Refinery (10,000 G)
  • 1 x Steel Mill (2500 G)
  • 16 x Civilian Industry (80,000 G)
  • 2 x Heavy Industry (15,000 G)
  • 2 x Airshipyard (20,000 G)
  • 5000 Regular Infantry (1 AP + 5000 G)
  • 5000 Regular Light Infantry (1AP + 4000 G)
  • Monitor (3NP + 6000 G)
  • Battlecruiser (4ASP + 12,000 G)
  • 2 x Corvettes (1ASP + 2000 G)

700 G, 3 V, 29 S.

ACTIONS:

• Outpost established on the island now permanently known as Kiri Kiri. (2500 G)
  • A further 5000 Light Infantry are dispatched to hold Kiri Kiri from potential native counter attack from the rest of King Taka-Taka’s dominion.
  • A further 2 corvettes are dispatched to the new outpost as well.

The Carnelian Sultanate

Hi6K1ssP-hQGAS0e8RsF2IPsCm7pef6oD-C2KZQxUOcZbEL8j3ZPACaPpwsbbcvcaPvQ5sX1KubJsZxzQnSuQ-H19kWPwpxJiJPqMYQZla8ja7rZQXNxlMlnVNaDxNlS8Vy5adra

The Sidewinder vibrated as it passed through a cloud, and the Carnelian flag flapped nearly straight back. Omar Bradford, heir to the Hossani-Bradford fortune, swashbuckling hero of Tierra Roja’s race, and the newest recipient of a Carnelian exploration commission, sat in its bridge, watching the horizon. He’d come a long way from Port Carnelian, and yet he still felt he was only getting started.

There’d been more to the pirates than met the eye, certainly. Complicated events were occurring, and he didn’t yet know his place in them. But he would. He had done all he could for now, and by the time he returned there would be a new ship waiting for him, and perhaps new leads.

For now, the horizon beckoned. And though Omar still didn’t know what he was looking for, he knew he would never find it in Carnelia.

--------------

Foreign Policy

[Perzah] - The Carnelians are indeed unconcerned, and continue with their business in the largely rural and unincorporated land. Perhaps if Perzah wishes to have such sweeping claims respected, they ought to actually make an attempt to administer their so-called territory.

[Baresh and Medjai] – The Carnelians request to send military observers to both their traditional allies, so that the Carnelian army may have a realistic picture of their capabilities and needs.

[THE UNKNOWN] - At last, Ben-Gal is dead, and the skies are safe. Flush with cash and having become fast friends with Kezim Orbay, Omar Bradford secures a government exploration contract. Daringly leading Armed Convoy Albacore and the veterans of the 1st Air Cavalry, Omar heads to the west as far as supplies will allow. Who knows what lies beyond the corrosive seas?

95SF63HnqIOowGYF3eKjsnAzOXt8eA5Vo5WVXnx-4ng0CzV4WQztEQY1qF-PjKGbVicM6kCBEtWF9LyskkXlh_ZoyWd3ibnE6dao-ikrkgST5TLHtUfWP6teYY0C6hqUWlrIUAbY

--------------

Expenditure

[303,600 Shekels]

[9 Civilian Industry; 45,000 Shekels] - The marketplace continues its boom, and can finally be said to have surpassed pre-war prosperity. A new age is dawning, should war not come too soon.

[2 City Upgrades; 25,000 Shekels] - Karaman and Bozan have grown large and prosperous.

[3 Steel Mills; 7,500 Shekels] - Steel, for industry.

[5 Heavy Industry; 37,500 Shekels] - More guns are needed.

[10 Air Shipyards; 100,000 gold] - For too long has the Carnelian navy languished after the defeat at Kelkit. At last, the National Assembly commissions a massive rebuilding of the country’s industrial capacity, after a rousing speech by the nationalistic chancellor declares that they must “do the Sultan proud.”

[Heavy Cruiser; 3ASP/12,000 Shekels] - A more heavily-armed ship finally rises from Carnelian foundries, awaiting a fleet to support.

YrIRvsYsV93LJzSfN5DQY6tjxfLfJc0pqCec3EKOLy4nUPwB0995MFZUb1DlyVY_S44JrR_qIxb7aqAQPSON71bUnODenP4-bd3j8ZP7xzYbLQ_TIw1MdBqKtIGy0QTpJfVKa5tK

[100 Fighters; 2 AP/6,000 Shekels] - News of the Klendari buying large quantities of fighters, along with a desire to make full use of the new FFAR, motivate the purchase of a new wing of ScaF-10 fighters from Scarab. The company’s stock price skyrockets!

1fktOWnspcdvJma2B0Z4zgzthH6OFTVaUWrULyt0biCDcw4xipR5ePm-KAw-7zMkwPwmsKjjcmFDKDRufbPVUye0-0ZE7_4DZkwqftk0L79TrkRlQtRihgQ9JHd_lsJ5KblHX65h

[5,000 T3 Regular Infantry; 7,000 Shekels] - More recruits march off to the Kesun Line, ready to defend the Sultan from Klendari aggression.

[Railroad; 20,000 Shekels] - A large sum of cash is directed to a quality rail line from Port Carnelian, which will at last link the east and west ends of the continent!

3Iyg1lJwb3NmOzp0XWkAH8iDPYdVwLFSO-297GZg81w4nKy2A226e7t4g3UkQy0lrq_njfVJC_9nIvpm3OJLXcNix_0m1btJ6OqjOZU99-6VYz8nGBvwgeqysAWYzk_oSVBpTRDC

[KESTREL; 10,000 Shekels]

[Black Rain; 25,000 Shekels]

[1,100 Shekels saved.]

Science

1. Hossani-Bradford - MP87 Submachine Gun

Hossani-Bradford continues work on what they think will be a revolution in assault weaponry! [1893 Estimate]

kKt2MPRRSHHyJ3rlqKpTgEe98mr8eANBARWFdB-BIEO4NU_6r_a_GD4DWKgVXn4XsN_goCUIE6l541CgCmwKJlf6k8_nLbh8W0Nju6RM1qk0fMYiiZJH484UbD0519CQ-VP1nH-2

2. Black Rain - FUNDED; 30,000 GOLD

3. Akar Steelworks - Stronger Steel [1892 Estimate]

Akar continues its work on new and improved steel alloys, and believes it has a promising track to a stronger metal.

XrAYV7pENG8_OpSu0cRjGSSBbmPM1vI44L0eJYaTiJl-XW7nhgdGe6IV6JItPzUj96lqnx78qHZ781dX5qz4pGQb7Jahi3OrpFaXkCZ4NkKOTxghTq5wWFxZnvHi85ujHJfd3QR5

Edited by Zanderaw

THE COMMONWEALTH OF VALDEK

Year 1888

“Ah yes, our dinner. Finally arrived..” Kovik said, a slight tinge of excitement in his voice as he watched the waited set the large platter onto the small, worn table before him. A well cooked, and exotic bird, a Velksi. Common on the western islands of the Commonwealth, it was a luxury few this far east could afford.

The man across from Kovik, appeared equally intimidating, although far better dressed. He gingerly cut a portion of the bird. “I am glad” Morzen said, as he lay the portion onto his plate. “That we could once again meet under such amicable terms, the rivalry is.. bad for business.”

The dimly lit dining quarters lurched slightly as turbulence rocked the vessel. “Of course” Kovik replied, a large smile upon his face, perhaps too large, as he cut his own slice of the exotic bird and began to eat. “You know what we are dining on, this fine night, I presume?”

“Surely, it is Velksi. I have had it only a few times, but I could not forget. Especially one cooked as well as this!” Morzen replied, a mouth full of bird.

“Yes Yes, the pleasure is all mine.” Kovik took another bite of his meal before returning his silverware to the table. “It is an interesting state of affairs that has brought us here. Only months ago, my good partner, Siras, was telling me you had failed to pay him for a run.”

Morzen’s face soured. He wiped his mouth with one of the napkins, before beginning to cut another portion. “Well- yes, that is an interesting predicament. Siras was paid in full, I was.. Mistaken on the scope of his work”

“Is that so?” “It is..”

“Two months ago, Siras was due back from a run in Klendar, yet he is unaccounted for, and his clients have not been served. Perhaps you can enlighten me of his fate, Morzen. You were, the last to do business with him...” Kovik spoke, his previous excitement gone,  now replaced with a tinge of fury.

“A reliable smuggler, Morzen, my best smuggler, Morzen. Enlighten me..” Kovik repeated, slamming the small table with his fist.

“I-I had nothing to do with his disappearance! Our debt was settled! Speak with Henson, he will tell you as much!” The man stuttered, now setting down his utensils and reaching for his waist, only to be interrupted.

The door to the small cabin burst open and two men burst through. The first clad in a thick jacket and wielding an infamous and deadly Cesani longrifle. The muzzle erupted with a bright flash and accompanying bang before the Di Loren could draw his own gun, burying a bullet into his shoulder and prompting a shrill scream from the man.

Kovik rose from his seat, righting his own jacket. “I hope you enjoyed your meal, Morzen. It seems, there can only be one Ketch, and I’m afraid it will be mine.” He pushed through the doors of the cabin, then further onto the deck of the vessel, littered with the corpses of Morzen’s former constituents. “Bring him to the railing”

The two men complied, already following behind him with Morzen dragging on the deck, leaving a small trail of blood. Kovik leaned down to the man, currently consumed by pain. “The Ovek isles are not a forgiving habitat. I wish you luck- if you survive your arrival.” He spit into Morzen’s face before nodding to his men. They happily obliged, lifting the man and throwing him down to the craggy island below.

“Now clean up this mess, this ship reeks of Di Loren. We have work to do” 

Actions

Financial Actions: 

-17 new sectors of Civilian industry spring up across the country (85,000)
-Vossos sees a rapid influx of settlers following the recapture of the island, it is deemed a fully fledged City by 1889 (12,500)
-A new Commercial District and a new Trade Depot are constructed in Fort Kjell (20,000)
-A new Commercial District and a new Trade Depot are constructed in Altmark (20,000)
-A New Vitramite mine and Refinery are constructed (10,000)
-1 New Airshipyard and 8 new Heavy Industrial facilities are subsidized by the Congress (70,000)
-Always hoping to gain an edge, the Congress authorizes and funds the construction of an entirely new class of Dreadnought. Dubbed the Reyter-Class Super Dreadnought. Two are laid down to be completed by next year, along with 6 new freighters (44,000)
-Two Brigades are Mechanized, and two Mechanized Stormtrooper brigades are raised (28,000)
-A mysterious and strange land is discovered. Settlers, Capitalists, and Soldiers alike flock to the frontier. Port Hellik is officially founded. (2,500)

Mod Actions:
-Though there is no brutal crackdown on Communists within the Commonwealth (yet), the Congress realizes the basic rights of workers must be protected. A number of laws are passed, granting some basic protections as well as the 8-hour work day.
-An attempt is made by both capitalists and the government to penetrate the markets of “Koibita”
-A fort and a small airstrip are constructed at Port Hellik. (4,500)
-Shadows Congeal

Research:

-Project Rotor begins
-All other projects proceed as usual 

Edited by Krefarus

Yasuji_Inoue-No_Series-Imperial_Family_a

Gwangnan Dominion

This year marked the end of a successful five year plan for the economic sector.  At the end of the Great War the Dominion had been reeling in defeat. Millions of their finest troops had died. Hundreds of airships, rice fields, and towns burned to ash. As the new decade rounded, Gwangnan was poverty stricken, barely even able to maintain a navy. But thanks to investment and planning, they had more then doubled their economy. But to the Yukiko clan’s horror, it seemed the Dominion was still for all intents and purposes a backwater. And current events had thrown the entire leadership into confusion and hostility. Word has filtered throughout the aristocracy and elite. The Emperor had been declared officially dead.

This rose several immediate problems for the Empire. The Gwangnanesse royal family had always been from the Imperial Tetsuo Clan. Though the Yukiko clan held power in their hands, it was through force. For centuries their family was a lesser branch, meant to serve. They had always done their duty as Generals, Administrators, and Provincial Governors. But as their power grows, so to does their authoritarian dogma. They more and more became the power dominating every other class below them. While Tetsuo figureheads like Shintani and the Emperor himself catered to the masses. But with both of them dead in very dubious and unconfirmed manners, public resentment is bubbling. 

However with both dead there is no surviving Tetsuo family left. The Imperial line of Gwangnan had been terminated in a twist of brutal luck. Naturally the Yukiko clan was left to completely dominate every facet of the Government. The sole opponent left to them, the disgraced Kawakami Adachi, is relieved of duty. He disappears, rumored to have fled the country with a small band of loyalist. This left the army and IGN as a tool to the Yukiko leaders. Tiptoeing against full scale civil strife, they issue a mandate. Every province and City will send representatives from the aristocracy to convene in the capital. Under Yukiko tutelage they will seek to determine the Empire’s path in lieu of this Tetsuo disaster. It is a move to placate the ruling classes from outright revolt in support of a Tetsuo cult springing up.

Somewhere in the Free Provinces former Lance-Corporal Tank continues his arduous trek. Initially pursuit was light. But as his former master fully realized the situation, danger had intensified. Trekking through the mountains was a large task. But one experienced Imperial Guard had some luck in the matter. Days were spent hiding in caves, listening to the clean drone of IGN corvettes. Nights were spent half blindly scaling mountains, and descending the other face. Local farmers were coerced for food, but avoided when he could. With all this at his back, the tattered soilders crosses the border dressed in clothes bought of a Gwangnanesse peasant.

1db1b95624b86f29f8f0bd62a6696202.jpg

[1887 Finances]

Economy; 99k Total
Upkeep; -3.5k, -3 V

City – 12,500

16 Civ Industry  -80,000

Dreadnought Research  -15,600 [24k Total]

--

[1888] 

Financial Actions

Economy; 118k Total [114.5 Spending]
Upkeep; -3.5k, -3 V

Building Trade Depot/Commercial District -20k

Recruiting 10,000 T3 Regular Light Infantry -12k, 2 AP

Recruiting 100 Fighters -6k, 2 AP

Recruiting 1 Regular Battlecruiser -19k, 4 AS

Building a V. Mine/Refinery -10k

Building 4 Civilian Industry -20k

Research [Education; 10] [Aviation; 10]

[Mod] Continued Dreadnought Research +12k [36k Total]

[Mod] Paired with the expansion of suitable capital fleet ships, the IGN starts preliminary work on their next design. They seek to start developing a fighter on par with reports filtering back in of modern planes in war. The basic Bi-Plane is realized to be a soon approaching relic. Work will begin to research and develop a modern fighter plane on par with global standards. It is planned to incorporate a radio system into every plane model. It will be the baseline model, and meant to be adaptable for other variants down the road. [20,400 Gold Invested]

Passive Research 

1; Preliminary Parachutes [Finished ‘89]

[Mod] 2; Airborne Equipment [Started ‘87]

As always Gwangnan seeks to have the most efficient and functional equipment for its troops. The newly developing branch of Sky Cavalry and Airborne units is leading to a need for specialized gear for them. Coinciding with parachutes the Empire now starts to develop gear suited for the stress and demands of air combat. 

[Mod] 3; Improved Fighter Engines [Stared ‘87]

Coinciding with a new Fighter plane will be work to develop an improved engine for it. One that will make it far faster, able to climb/descend/turn faster, and overall perform better to the demands of a modern fighter.

The Archduchy of Andros-Bellica

as it was the Year of Our Lord, 1888

YEAR IN REVIEW, 1888

-+-

2 Jan. | A congratulatory letter is sent to Enrico Reinzo, and the Archduchy is among the first internationally to reaffirm trade deals and diplomacy with the Union of Greater Modevia as the rightful successor to the Free Provinces! It would appear that, given the Bellicans’ hatred towards the old regime, they view Reinzo in an especially favorable light...?

5 Jan. | The Ministry of Commerce announces a nationwide project to improve the economic integrity of the Archduchy. As such, three new commercial districts are to be built in Andros-Bellica’s largest cities, rounding out a total of five such monetary centers. The Crown has approved a budget of 30.000 Andro-Bellican Marks towards this goal.

12 Apr. | The Ministry of Labor announces the opening of a new Steel Mill in Andrograd, which the Androsian Administrative District Office has confirmed for the cost of 2.500 ABM.

8 Aug. | The Crown announces a personal project of the Archduke in improving the infrastructure of the nation; towards this goal he pledges 2.500 ABM, with initial work first being done on repaving Bellican highways and erecting new telegraph lines. Perhaps this is a signal of the country’s will to modernize after the catastrophes of the Great War?

-+-

OFFICIAL REPORT OF THE NATIONAL MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR

-+-

Approximate Population Growth

Est. Population 1 Jan. 1887: 40.000.000

Est. Population 1 Jan. 1888: 40.800.000

Approximate City Population Spread

Bellica | 22.800.000

[+] Bellograd | 6.600.000

[+] Klennetsboro | 1.200.000

Andros | 18.000.000

[+] Andrograd | 3.000.000

[+] Poval | 800.000

[+] Lovken | 400.000

Resources and Industrial Centers

Heavy Industry, Bellograd

Heavy Industry, Andrograd

Airshipyard, Bellograd

Airshipyard, Bellograd

National Income

Metropolitan Taxation | 10.000 ABM | Bellograd

Civilian Taxation | 8.000 ABM | 1.000 ABM per 5.000.000

Commercial Districts | 8.000 ABM | Bellograd, Andrograd

International Trade | 10.000 ABM | Anaerin Confederacy, Greater Modevia, Commonwealth of Grenheim, Free Guilds of Estfeld, Tsardom of Pozharin, Republic of Volta-Solvan, Erdemir Industries, Caliphate of Ozan, Republic of Tormina, Republic of Sorent

Total Income, 1888: 36.000 ABM

National Upkeep

Military Upkeep Halved [National Idea]

Army Upkeep, Howitzers | 500 ABM | 175 Howitzers [500ABM/100]

Naval Upkeep, Med. | 500 ABM | 1D, 2HC [500ABM/3]

Total Upkeep, 1888: 1.000 ABM

National Expenditures

Commercial District, Poval: 10.000 ABM

The construction of a commerce-focused region within city borders.

Commercial District, Klennetsboro: 10.000 ABM

Commercial District, Lovken: 10.000 ABM

Steel Mill, Andrograd: 2.500 ABM

The construction of a steel production facility within city borders.

[MOD] – Upgrading Infrastructure/Development, Bellica: 2.500 ABM

The improvement of much-neglected Bellican roads after years of war.

End-of-Year Reserves

36.000 ABM | Income

- 1.000 ABM | Upkeep

- 35.000 ABM | Expenditures

0 ABM | Reserves

-+-

OFFICIAL REPORT OF THE NATIONAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION

-+-

[Education 6 | Army 10 | Aviation 5]

[1] – Early technical forays into the usage of armored cars to pierce stagnated enemy lines. [Armored Brigade Research][Started ‘88]

[2] – Early forays into the dropping of Howitzer shells from fighter craft. [Bomber Wing Research][Started ‘88]

[3] – Early technical forays into radio communication. [Radio Research][Started ‘88]

-+-

-+-

Population: 30,599,134. (Cities: Capital - Arpinium, Minor Cities: Arretium, Narbo, Capua)

Leader: First Philosopher Marcus Didius Gracchus, Second Philosopher Spurius Furius Cato.

Army: (Commanded: Marcus Tullius Longus, or maybe not.)

6x Hastati, (Irregulars.) 

60,000 men.

UPKEEP: 2,000 G.

Navy (Commanded: Aulus Furius Cato)

Monitor, Gladiator.

Monitor, Invicta.

Frigate, Imperium.

Frigate, Probitas.

Frigate, Virtus.

Frigate, Regina Maris. 

5x Transport ships.

UPKEEP: 2,000 G and 1 V.

Air Force (Commanded: Aulus Furius Cato.)

Destroyer, Pietas.

Destroyer, Honestas.

Corvette, Fortis.

Corvette, Filii Infernus.

Corvette, Domina Fortunae.

Corvette, Numeria.

UPKEEP: 0.

Education: Research slots = 5.

INDUSTRY (2 buildings):

2x V Mine

2x V Refinery

ECONOMY:

15% Trade bonus.

4 Trade partners.

4 financial districts (16,000 G/turn)

2 trade depots. (Arpinium, 2,000 G/turn , Narbo, 2,000 G/turn.)

Income on turn two: 20,000-3,000=17,000 G.

2 V - V = 1 V.

Treasury: 25,000 G.

Tech: Radio 1890

Vitraium mining 1891

Antibiotics 1889

THE PHILOSOPHATE

Image result for macedonian old flag

THE SEVEN-DAY ‘DIALOGUE’

It was supposed to be the greatest historical discovery in a thousand years. A lost Dialogus of Aurelius, entitled On the Gods. And it sent the entire island into frenzy. ‘The worship of the gods is utterly alien and barbaric, and distracts from the supreme and unknowable, the One. I utterly deplore their temples, and spit on their statues.’ This direct quotation from Aurelius would wreak havoc among rich and poor, good and evil, men and women – all men and every man. Around 800 years ago, the Philosopher’s Council had ruled that worship and temples to the gods were not only permissible, but admirable. With that decision seeming to be utterly at odds with the original philosophical teachings, the whole edifice of the Philosophate seemed shallow. A pathetic few spoke out against the authenticity of this ‘lost’ document, but found themselves utterly ignored by the great many. 

The circulation of the Dialogus was almost instant. No sooner had a famous historian published it, than it was to be found as commonly as the daily newspaper or matchday program. The streets, which had known no major outbreak of violence in decades, were turned into rivers of blood as mobs broke into the temples, murdered the priests and destroyed the statues. The staunch traditionalist First Philosopher, M. Gracchus, normally so resolute, heard of his with horror, and, himself unsure of the truth of the matter, sealed himself in his room for seven days, seemingly an utter wreck.

Image result for marcus tullius cicero painting

Marcus Gracchus and his neo-Aurelians still wear the traditional toga, and demand the same of the other Philosophers. 

This vacuum in leadership, however brief, provided a window for less scrupulous forces to act. Numeria, the wife of M. Gracchus, seized upon the situation with her powerful network of spies. Having connections with the criminal element of the city, gangs loyal to her sprouted from the ground and seized the material wealth of the temples, fighting gangs loyal to Second Philosopher S. Cato. Worryingly, the new professional football clubs had themselves become politicised and the younger Gracchus, still believed to be a loyal supporter of his elder brother, went mysteriously silent. People are still not sure what he was doing...

...It was obvious that the military had to step in, because the civilian police force had collapsed utterly. But that represented a very serious crossing of the Tiber. The military had not played a role in politics for almost a thousand years: it was supposed to be entirely subservient to, and consistent of, the citizenry. Everyone knew that the navy and air force were loyal to Cato. But what of the army? God alone knew! Marcus Longus, Imperator (Field Marshal) of 50,000 Hastati, was not a Philosopher, and thus his political leanings were impossible to know. The situation (it is said) solved itself when Longus conveniently caught a sudden and fatal illness, dying on the fifth day of Marcus Gracchus’ absence. Longus’ successor, Gaius Flavius Nero, did not share his hesitation. 

Nero thrust into the capital with a soon-evident resolution: to restore order! After a day taking control of the telegrams, he sent a decree warning of the maxim gun if the streets were not cleared. In some places, he was heeded. In others, gunshots were necessary to clear the streets, purely warning shots. But one street, the Via Virti, remained in uproar. Nero, still reluctant to put the bayonet and machine-gun on the area, tried to break up the violence by concentrating the police and sending them in. Frustrated, he was about to give the order to fire en masse. 

Image result for spanish civil war soldiers nationalists

Nero’s Hastati trample through the streets.

He was stopped by Marcus Gracchus, Spurius Cato in tow. ‘Thou art a Tribune to Imperator Longus?’ Gracchus asked with an awesome stoicism that seemed to contradict his previous panic. ‘I regret to report that Longus is dead, sir.’ He replied, grimly smiling, impressed at the Philosopher’s ability to remember his name and rank – a Tribune was just a staff officer. Gracchus gave the nod. Leading his lectors and bodyguards to the scene of unrest, they blared their famous bagpipes. Even the most riotous laid apart their arms at the sight and sound of the noble Philosopher and his bodyguard! He surveyed the once-belov’d streets, now piteous wrecks strewn with the wounded. The shop windows were smashed. It was a scene of the utmost degeneracy...And Gracchus spoke with all the moral force of Aurelius.

’Men, brothers and countrymen: I have failed you. I should not have stood apart from government and caused such chaos. I beg your forgiveness, but I also demand your ears! Because you have been misled. In the five days you have been smashing the images of the gods, you must have wondered what it is was doing. Well, I will show you.’ He took the supposed treatise of the great Aurelius, and, there and then, to horrified gasps, ripped up the pages in front of their eyes. 

’I have been studying these so-called words of Aurelius. They are lies. Bold-faced lies. You see this word? Sanctitas? Such a word is a product of the 19th century. The treatise is full such anachronisms that prove that this is the worst of the very recent past. I do not know who has lied to you, or why. Perhaps they see it all as a joke – a nihilist’s way of watching the world burn. But it was certainly not myself, nor Cato.’

’Thou wouldst make yourself a king!’ A voice jeered. Gracchus smiled, and asked that he step forward. After some whispers, a dirty old man, his face covered in blood and his breath smelling of the sewers, trudged forward, unimpressed. Asking for water from one his lectors, Marcus Gracchus there stooped down and washed the man’s feet. In a strictly hierarchical system, it was an extraordinary statement of humility and selfless service. ‘Haven’t we all forgotten what it was about?’ Gracchus questioned. ‘We’ve forgotten to love one another, and to grow in virtue! Tribune Nero, mark thou my order: I want the army withdrawn immediately. Civilian rule will resume, at this very moment.’

Order was restored on the 12th January, 1888. Within three months, historians ruled that the Dialogue was entirely fabricated...But no one could trace the fabrication to any one person. Questions of Longus’ death, and what exactly Lucius Gracchus was doing during all this remain up in the air also.  There is an important change. The Philosopher’s Senate was in ruins. For the first time, the business of government would be conducted in the open air: with the public free to view. Marcus Gracchus thus boastfully defends his brother, backed up by his political rival, Spurius Cato. The state treasury is found to be strangely enlarged...M. Gracchus is quick to give the money back to the temples. One might suppose that the only good thing that may be taken from this is that the Arpinians know they have a competent Imperator – and one loyal to the state! Perhaps a standing army is not so wretched an idea?

The total death toll is 876.

Image result for spanish civil war franco

Marcus Didius Gracchus is saluted by soldiers as he passes.

FOOTBALL LEAGUE FOUNDED

Strangely enough, the newfound sport resumed the next day...In the newly founded Association Football League, the two professional teams crush all opposition except one another. More and more teams go professional, and by the start of the league next year, 5 of the 12 league teams are, with a further 6 semi-professional. Only one team, Arretium United, remains amateur, and would-be pundits squarely expect them to finish bottom in the next year. Hopefully, with state backing and newly-set rules, the newly founded League will generate yet more money... [Mod, 300 G invested.]

Hooliganism is fiercely put down and consistently campaigned against. Gestures such as shaking hands before the match and the national anthem being played at halftime hope to increase unity. [Mod]

Image result for west brom 1880s

Arpinum Rovers celebrate winning the very first league title.

OTHER ACTIONS

-Academics are sent to the distant country of Tierra Roja to discover their new religion. [Catostrophy]

-Spurius Furius Cato, in an impassioned speech, blames overpopulation and the lack of new arable land for the recent unrest. In response, a naval expeditionary force, including 1 transport ship, 5,000 Hastati, a frigate, monitor and escorted by 2 corvettes, taking with them a large number of families, ventures south in order to find new lands to settle, trying to establish an outpost in the first uncolonised and fertile land they can find. [Mod, 2500 G]

-In the Unemployment Reduction Act, one new steel mill is constructed,[2,500 G, one steel mill] as well as a military factory. [7500 G]

-A sensible new law investing money in civilian industry, practically non-existent until now. [10,000 G, 2 civilian industry.]

-The remainder of the treasury is put into repairing the damage of the Seven Day Dialogue Riots! Aurelians and Aurelian-sympathisers around the world are asked to contribute to a relief effort to further repair damage. [Mod]

-A son is born! Gaius Didius Gracchus was born healthily shortly after the end of the troubles. Far from leaving their child to wet nurses, Marcus Gracchus and his wife rear the child themselves to begin with. Gracchus was worried when his wife began to tell the boy that he was destined to succeed his father, and than he was a special man set for greatness, as well as lavishing him in luxury, and so withdrew the child back to the nurses, to Numeria’s unfaltering anger. After an household row the child was returned to the mother’s care, after she swore by oath to raise the child in the proper, frugal Aurelian way!

Edited by thesmellypocket

fev_QSCe5V1wYZOmfuV7RAxkxD3FMZO2I6xzOe_JWhkS8IehUpN3asg-J0D0l5T-EoDa_J9BbTbYF7e0kpSsWht7xPlc2EV26eSOqU8MGaFEHSGZZuyexF8SDymrLwonM8myrpPv

Overview

Spoiler

Leadership:

Grand Prince Maximillian Randgritz

Chancellor Lancelot Stern

Defence Minister Winston Townsend

Population:

Economy:

Population: 12,000

Settlements: 14,000

Commercial Districts: 24,000

Trade: 15,000

Trade Depots: 42,000

Civilian Factories: 25,000

Upkeep: 2,000

Total Income Before Upkeep: 132,000

Total Income After Upkeep: 130,000, 165,000 this turn

Income After Expenditure: 1,500

Trade Partners:

Carnelian Sultanate

Commonwealth of Valdak

Juverin Republic

Gwangnan Dominion

Tierra Roja

Commonwealth of Grenheim

Venzeatic League

Anaerin Confederacy

The Karakhwa

Free Provinces

Republic of Emmeria

Erdemir Industries

Perzah

Caliphate of Ozan

Cities and Towns:

Randgritz (Capital, Metropolis): 7 Airshipyards, 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Steel Refineries, 1 Vitraium Refinery, 7 Civilian Factories.

Armathwaite (City): 4 Heavy Industry, 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Steel Refineries, 1 Vitraium Refinery.

Bassenwaite (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Civilian Industry, 1 Vitraium Refinery.

Oxlease (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 2 Civilian Industry, 1 Vitraium Refinery.

Gascoyne (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 3 Civilian Industry.

Salisbury (City): 1 Commercial District, 1 Trade Depot, 10 Civilian Industry.

Battenford (City): Nil

Tsornluft (Town): 4 Vitraium Refineries, 2 Airshipyards

Production:

Vitramite Mines: 8 Unit

Vitraium Refineries: 8 Unit, 2 Units Used

Steel Refineries: 15 Units, 14 Units Used

Airshipyards: 20 Units

Heavy Industry: 4 Units

Buildings:

Commercial Districts: x6

Trade Depots: x6

Vitramite Mines: x8

Vitraium Refineries: x8

Steel Refineries: x5

Airshipyards: x10

Heavy Industry: x4

Civilian Factories: x25

Army: 

Infantry: 30,000

Infantry Veterans: 8,000

Cavalry: 10,000

Field Artillery: 200 Guns

Howitzers: 25 Guns

Rarefied Sky Cavalry: 81 Fighters

Airship Navy: 

Battleships: 2

Battlecruisers: 0

Corvettes: 8

Destroyers: 1

Cruisers: 4

Heavy Cruisers: 1

Upkeep: 

Army: 1,000 Gold, 0 Vitraium

Airship Navy: 2,000 Gold, 2 Vitraium

Roleplay:

It had been a year of mixed results for the Principality, the Admiralty would offer naught but hushed whispers about the expedition in the South with none of the information being made public, while on the other hand propagandising the recent victory and territorial acquisition on the Island of Tsonluft making Cumberlands role pivotal in the battle. Highlighting the expansion of the Principality and ensuring all records of the Southern Expedition are destroyed or altered, Commodore Pryce receiving an official transfer from the Royal Navy to Carnelia and ensuring his brother doesn’t find out the true reasons his brother now serves on another continent, at least for the time being. 

The Royal Army of Cumberland is mobilised as the Communists are found out in a plot to arm international brigades and are encircled completely, Lieutenant General Harold Simmerson is deployed to put the Communist Party of Cumberland down once and for all as it was generally believed by the Government that the Army had caught them by chance all gathered in one place. Now was the time to cut the head off the snake as it were, though some wish it were Major-General Pryce leading as he was the most experienced leader in the Army. The Navy would be deployed to give assistance to the Army in this matter, Lennox in command once again due to his now more prestigious reputation with the Government. 

The Navy had sustained substantial losses in the year, but manages to secure funding for expansion and replenishment, seeking more modern and faster capital ships that are able to expand Cumberlands influence through the Navies sheer power. Two of the new Randgritz Class Battlecruisers are specifically ordered, the first HMS Randgritz becoming the titular “Pride of the Fleet”.  The Army is not ignored either by the Chancellor, funding the first Armoured Brigade to be organised allowing the Royal Army to begin modernising at a rapid pace, wishing for the nation to be considered first rate within the next few years. The Chancellor also organises a general improvement to the industrial capabilities of the Principality, seeking the ability to heighten the capacity to arm both the Navy and the Army with both branches of the Grand Prince’s Armed Forces being given significant funding in regards to industrial facilities. 

Meanwhile in the Palace...

“What? All of it?” Grand Prince Maximillian asks

“All of it.” responds Lancelot, Chancellor of Cumberland

“The whole Squadron?” Maximillian inquires

“The whole Squadron.” confirms the Chancellor

“Including the Flagship?!” Maximillian raises his voice

“Including the Flagship, including the Commodore” once more the Chancellor confirms to his Monarch

“Those little Red Men....” he trails off “Don’t wait upon formalities do they? Well we’ll have to reinforce our coast and keep the rest of the Fleet around our territory then, if those savages so brazenly attack our vessels.”

“My thoughts exactly Your Highness, we’ve recalled our squadrons across from the regular patrol routes to keep them based in the skies of our Principality. I have also taken the liberty of ordering a general expansion and rearmament of both the Fleet and the Ground Forces, along with expanding our industrial capacity.” Lancelot explains

“Yes, yes but what are we to do about this slight? Why did they attack our vessels is most important, we get their merchants on our shores and vice versa!” the Prince inquires.

“They are savages, they will attack you one day, trade with you the next, do not ponder on it too much Your Highness, now moving ...” the Chancellor begins to move on with the other issues of the day.

Actions

One Commercial District would be constructed in the newly founded City (10,000)

One Trade Depot would be constructed in the newly founded City (10,000)

15,000 would be given to the Grand Duchy in return for technology on tanks. (15,000)

An Armoured Brigade would be raised once the technology had been acquired. (8,000, 3AP)

Another 5,000 Troops are raised with the best possible equipment. (6,000, 1AP)

The Town on Tsornluft would be upgraded to a City. (12,500)

A new town would be planned to be constructed outside the current borders of Cumberland. (5,500) https://i.gyazo.com/f2ba27a891813abe135616969a13ba06.png

Two Randgritz Class Battlecruisers are laid down and ordered to be constructed in order to replenish losses. (40,000, 10ASP)

A Pair of Corvettes are laid down to replenish losses. (2,000, 1ASP)

Three Destroyers are laid down to replenish losses. (9,000, 6ASP)

Nine Freighters are laid down in order to create greater Fleet Logistics. (3,000, 3ASP)

Research is conducted into Dreadnoughts having seen them in action during the Battle of Tsornluft. (1RP)

Four Heavy Industry is created for the year. (30,000)

Two Airshipyards are constructed for the following year. (20,000)

A Steel Mill is constructed. (2,500)

The “Ambassadors” would be summoned to Court to meet with the Prince and are told not to delay. (Mod)

TIERRROJA

“Puta sucia!” Spat General Hernandez. A dozen medals attached to his coat jingled menacingly as he shook with rage. “The Flotilla de Aire gets all the damn glory, all the money, and the attention as well! Where were they during the revolution, eh?” He threw the report down on the table, sending map-markers flying into the faces of the other attending generals.

“I was the first -- the first,” he roared, sticking his thumb into his chest, “to defect when the revolution began! Where was that slimeball Alejandro?! Sitting safe and pretty, dutifully waiting for orders from the Anareains. I bet if it wasn’t going in our favour, he would have happily bombed us!” Hernandez kicked over a chair, and slapped another report down in front of a poor major.

“Look at this! Look at this mierda! That prissy Ministro de Comercio wants my soldiers to carry this... this...” he jabbed at the picture in the report, lost for words.

Owen_Gun.jpg

“... this plumbing accident! How could any soldier feel safe carrying this scrap-tube?! Can nine millimeter rounds even penetrate the cloth a man’s uniform?! Gracia del Salvidor...

“They’ll be asking me to get rid of horses next.” He moaned miserably. “There is no chance one of those clattering, smoky boxes will replace the caballería! What has happened to the world...?” The Marshal slumped on the table, slowly shaking his head. For a few moments, the entire staff glanced at one-another awkwardly before the Marshal spoke again.

“Alright. I’m going to blow something up now.” And that said, he marched out of the tent in silence. A period of scarpering followed, as his staff quickly dragged themselves up to follow him.

The war camp had been set up for the quarterly live-fire training exercises Hernandez had demanded to keep the troops in fighting condition. There was very little chance of fighting at home now that the various empires had split apart. Still, the Marshal was adamant that the troops he had were kept in fighting form. The Marshal strode from his tent, followed by his gaggle of staff, much to the amusement of the troops milling around their quarters. Passing through neat rows of canvas and guns, the group finally began approaching the artillery trenches some few hundred meters beyond the camp.

Hernandez was fully invested in the ‘catharsis’ method of cheering himself up, and nothing cheered him up more than volleys of howitzer shells wiping out forests.

“Let us kick off this fiesta!” He shouted as he strode up to the artillery commander. “I want to see some splinters.”

“Si, Marshal.” The officer stoically replied, though his eyes betrayed a hint of impatience. “We are a few miles out of range of the trees. But—“ he quickly added, seeing the Marshal’s immediate growing anger. “-we can redirect ourselves towards the building east of here. Would that be sufficient, Mariscal?”

“Building?!” Hernandez roared, and threw his hat at the commander. It struck his chest, though the commander did little more than close his eyes and wince. “There are no buildings here, idiota! We’re in the wilderness! Your men are blind, stupid, or drunk!”

“The scouts,” the commander spoke calmly, “assured me there is a large building to the East, at the foot of the hills.”

The Marshal glared at him, his face reddening by the second and fists clenched hard enough to draw blood, before swearing so loudly the entire artillery section to hear him.

“Get me my horse, you bastards!”

And so, the highest military authority in Tierra Roja, two-hundred soldiers, and a very confused general staff rode out into the sun-burnt hills. For more than a dozen miles they cut through scrub and light forests, before finally setting eyes upon the structure. It was almost three hundred meters in length, and built from simple concrete and bricks. The only feature on it was the slightly faded Imperial Anareain insignia.

Hernandez glanced between his general staff and the massive, mysterious structure, mouth agape and exasperated. He drew a shaking finger, and jabbed it towards the building. “What the **** is that?!”

His horse bucked at his shrill voice, yet the Marshal continued. “What the **** is it doing on my firing range?!”

He pulled a revolver from his belt, and roared. “You tontos best hope that there are squatters in there, because someone is getting shot today!”

The men dismounted quickly, and started haphazardly searching for an entrance among the tall grass and overgrown weeds. Hernandez stood with his horse, quickly speaking to it in hushed tones, though it was not apparent whether it was to calm the horse or himself.

“Easy easy, Valiente. No noisy automobile will ever replace you. I promise...”

Shouts of success drew the attention of the party, who soon approached a slightly rusted, metal door. Said door was quickly kicked in, and a dozen soldiers rushed in with their rifles, shouting and securing the premises. The building appeared even larger on the inside. Shafts of light poured in through holes in the corrugated roof, majestically illuminating vast steel contraptions, wheels, muzzles

El alma de mi madre...” Field Marshal Hernandez murmured, his pupils dilating and his anger receding.

“That is a very, very big gun...”

Too caliente for you, Cabron?: 25% bonus profit to trade and trade depots due to delicious spices.
Economy 10: 25% bonus to trade profits.

Dollarydoos:
Capital of Zapta Villa: 10,000 pesos,
Town: 1000 pesos,
Population: 11,000 pesos,
Civilian Industry: 40,000 pesos,
Commercial Districts: 20,000 pesos,
Trade: 22,500 pesos
Trade Depots: 52,500 pesos,
Puerto Riquez: 10,000 pesos,
Pirate booty: 82,500 pesos,
-Upkeep: -8000 pesos,
-Damnable Pirates: -5000 pesos,
Total Spendaroonies: 235,000 pesos

Production Assets:
-Airship Production: 10ASP
-Ground Forces Production: 3AP 
-Naval Production: 5NP
-Vitarium Mines: 7
-Refined Vitarium: 7 (4 used)
-Steel units: 24 (18 used)

-A huge national investment is pushed into the civilian infrastructure network, with new ports and city roads refurbished for better business. Factories and warehouses pop up all over Tierra Roja’s cities, hiring up all the spare labour they can find... (-160,000 pesos towards 32 civilian industry)

-Despite a year’s lull in education spending, Phillip de Triste finally approaches his network of thugs to track down missing professors that have gone missing in the interim years between the revolution and the current time. Surely they hadn’t all run overseas when the troubles started? The “Custodians” start rummaging through the cities for old names and acquaintances. In time, the highly educated would be back to spreading their knowledge—whether they liked it or not!
(
-15,000 pesos towards education, total of 65,000 pesos invested)

-The roads need to actually meet one-another, damn it! Who is in charge of road building in this place?! A highway that doesn’t actually head in the right direction is useless! Cut their tequila rations in half!
(
-15,000 pesos towards development, total of 65,000 pesos invested)

-The town of Celaya fills to bursting, and merely in the first year of its existence! Money is quickly sent towards it to expand the infrastructure as soon as possible. Hopefully, this local population boom will end in the next year, or slums might start appearing! Well, more slums...
(
-12,500 pesos towards upgrading a town to a city)

-Rumours have been trickling down the trade lanes of new lands to the east. If the extranjeros think Tierra Roja will shy away from colonialism, then they are dead wrong! Tierra Roja practically still IS a colonial possession! And since they’re fresh out of it, it was time to grab some more...
(
-3000 pesos, 3 ASP for 9 freighters)

-The biggest guns any man had ever seen start rolling into the military town of Carranza. The people stop and stare at the massive cannons – fifteen in all – rolling down the roads, towed by every car, truck, and mule that could be found. Field Marshal Hernandez rides on the front of one, yelling at the poor saps dragging it along. At last, he had found something El Presidente might pay attention to!
(
-9000 pesos, 3AP towards one Grandes Cannones)

-An equitable exchange is brokered between the strange western Carnelians and the Tierra Rojan gover- well, Phillip de Triste. Battlecruisers were the newest ‘big thing’ in the warship world, and Phillip preferred it if they simply had access to them now rather than in a number of years.
(
-5000 pesos, and schematics to speedy Tierra Rojan engines sent to the Carnelians in return for Battlecruiser schematics)

Research:

The dreaded time had come—the infantry would be receiving new, experimental weapons to add to their standard bolt-action rifles and machine-guns. This weapon was a top-loading, 9mm, open-bolt machine-pistol, though the more modern term (Phillip de Triste assured) was a ‘sub machinegun.’ Its unconventional appearance is belayed by astounding reliability and controllability, despite its somewhat heavy weight. All in all, the troops who have handled the experimental variants so far have been quite impressed by its performance. Maybe this “Galleta Tipo I” would make its way to the Tierra Rojan arsenal?
(
-1RP, and 5000 pesos invested in the ‘Galleta’ sub machinegun)

The pirate attacks had frustrated a number of military analysts, as larger vessels were immune to most current ground-to-air machinegun weapons that were currently defending airports and trade lanes. They were deeply insufficient for the purposes of putting down anything larger than a fighter, for sure. Why not, some thought, make an artillery cannon for the air? The Serpiente was a solution some of the sober engineers came up with. Projected to shoot a 30-pound projectile almost 5000 metres in the air, it could be a solution to possible destroyers and corvettes that might prey on outlying towns. They just needed to figure out a way for them to move later...
(
-1RP and 5000 pesos
towards Serpiente anti-air cannon)

ALnCIhn.jpg

El Presidente is so very happy to see such wealth pass into his personal bank account. It means his countrymen are being very frugal, and frugality is important for the soul, so one hears...
(
7000 pesos sent to El Presidente’s super-secure bank account)

Land Forces:
30,000 regular Infantry,
200 artillery pieces,
50 Howitzers
Total Upkeep: 1000 pesos

Air Forces:
6 Corvettes,
4 destroyers,
2 Cruisers,
2 Heavy Cruisers,
3 Battleships
Total Upkeep: 7,000 Pesos, 4 vitarium

Investments:
Commercial Districts: 6,
Trade Depots: 6,
Airshipyards: 9
Civilian Industry: 72 (Next turn) 
Heavy Industry: 3
Vitarium Mines: 7 
Vitarium Refineries: 7 
Steel Mills: 8

Technology:
Radio (Ready 1890)
Dreadnought Tech (Ready 1889)
Air Carrier Tech (Ready 1893)
Improved Fighters (I) (Ready 1892)
Improved Engines (I, +2 knots)

Cities:
-Zapata Villa [Capital][Metropolis] (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 1 Heavy Industry, 3 Airshipyards, 25 civilian Industry)(Next turn)
-Madero (Commercial District,Trade Depot, 6 Airshipyards, 10 civilian industry)(Next turn)
-Huerta (Trade depot, commercial District, 10 civilian Industry)(Next turn)
-Carranza (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 4 Heavy Industry, 5 civilian industry, 1 airshipyard)(Next turn)
-Diaz (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 10 civilian industry)(Next turn)
-Puerto Riquez (Commercial District, Trade Depot, 12 civilian industry)(Next turn)
-Celaya (Town)

Population: 57,390,129

El Presidente's Super-Secure Bank account: 24,250 pesos (Next turn)