Sign in to follow this  
Narthok

A Declaration of War

u2lE1Vye4MfLrWGt9KHJ-END6lr8UljqVIti8WkT_Svi_xbWm4cpa1yKSs3CGlJOwRk52qwznxMZf_YwvuUw8q6-g-Na-16w4gWJbyF60veEk3_x7mxhsIR-DhaO0L5mUT81S9v3

A Declaration of War

Issued Summer of 1739 by Godric

For failing to pay the weregild they agreed to pay within the year a state of war shall now formally exist between the Holy State of Morsgrad and Talons Grotto. By sea and land their citizenry and territories shall be sieged until the weregild has been paid in full or double the value has been extracted from the wealth of that city state. I shall never forget the unjust death of even a single of my citizens. Nor shall I fail to avenge them, even if it should bring about my final breath. Their leadership has brought down my wrath upon them. The Grotto shall burn for its offences against the Nordish peoples under my care. The Grotto must pay what they owe, even if they can offer nought but their lives.

Father have mercy, for they shall find none from me.

Writ en Namen De

Godric,

TL8WyY90p4wKCY_o50XwRYAhbVkr7DIKCXcAgvRQocEKVA6xVydJa0E-vyEgS-TzjygNO8p4NLpSaeiUjxLZD21MmcCmBhrvTvEeZ0Th5EmGRi-VFMoz60wRC1vp9uj4qGZQ3ec2

Eleanor nods her head lightly in silent approval after reading over her husband’s declaration, soon departing to begin a detailed log of all their soldiers and supplies.

Antonius prepares his war-ship to raze the Grotto to ashes – The Dreaded Corsair remarks before his crew “They are playing with fire, and they are getting burned.”

Yuriel shook his head by the actions of the grotto or rather by the lack of actions to prevent this

Edvard would seat himself at the great hall of ancestors. His brother Aeyn to his right, and Alvar to his left. Edvard would raise his glass towards the fathers throne, “A toast to my son, may the fields of Grotto be razed, and the soils drenched with elven blood.” With that statement, the hall would erupt in cheers. As the sons and daughters of Morsgrad prepare for war.

Viktor reads the document with disgust. “They first attack haense like heathens, but now they prey on a peaceful nation due to the actions of some bandits. They are an uncivilized group of murderers who only seek war and gold, I hope they find God rather than their greed.” 

Asger looks over the document, lightly squinting. “Oh, they must have mistook Rosenyr for the Grotto and killed all my sheep.”

Shen Wu would read the document, finding it rather dumb, as most Human Wars were, solving nothing... When they could be taking care of the homeless or others.

Edward reads the declaration in a cave off the shore of Puerto Rico, remarking to himself “Shall I burn the Grotto to ashes, or blow the Nords to rubble.. both.. mayhaps, mayhaps.... mayhaps, mayhaps....”. He lifted a blade 3 feet wide and 8 foot tall with both arms, wielding it above his head “They shall all feel my wrath.”

Aela Mar’ek chuckles lightly upon hearing the news, her sword would be sharpened within her hand as she'd swing it in front of her “I suppose I could join this war, combat is what I do” she’d comment with a grin “Unless the other side offers something more entertaining of course, this I would consider not bringing my family with me” 

((Little ooc note, I’m wanting to join a side with a couple of goons but unsure on which, just pm in discord if you fancy some extra clickers to rally for your cause. Livviez#3981 thanks ❤️))

Nazark’Gorkil prepares to aid his enemies in this new war, eager to sate his bloodlust once again.

Durin ‘the Stalwart’ La’Vassieur rallies the men of the La’Vassieur clan who number now five strong, and pledges to fight for his city ‘til death does them apart

A drunk Stormbreaker smiles and sends his crab to Talon’s Grotto to deliver a note in a bottle to their leaders that read. ”You should’ve sucked their toes fool, now you’ll die a corwards death” The Stormbreaker would go back to his brewing and hope he could salvage some wood from the remains of the ugly city to make at least a fishing raft.

Marlow yawns. 

”You could still pay and spare yourself the embarrassment, I think, Grotto.” 

She’d say this idly to herself while cooking her dinner.