The Nexus Rebellion /N/

Drumoldth

Nobody’s left on the server who could possibly create a new Nexus system or update the old Nexus for modern LOTC. The only way we’ll get a profession system is if we steal a plug-in from Planetminecraft or something, which would be incredibly hard to balance/tweak properly to meet the server’s interests without a proper dev team.

Like a brick wall this isn’t going to go anywhere.

its just the loud wheiners of the community that don’t want nexus, make a pool i’d say it’s a 50/50 or 60/40

3 hours ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

would rather mcmmo than nexus

mcmmo gang lets go

I think that we do need to encourage the creation of special goods besides just drugs. It would it make it more interesting in terms of what is traded. I am not advocating for anything really (I am too new of a player to have ever used Nexus) but I do think that being able to make more varied items in rp would be fun. I also think that McMMO is not great in current state for the server. However, if you made something similar to McMMO it could be good for professions, but there needs to be an upper limit to levels. Also you could make some of the bonuses start higher based on character race, then you could have some races have natural proficiency and others have to develop it over time.

Nexus itself was both a blessing and a curse. People whined about it, however instead of blanket improvements and consistently checking in with the community it was removed. The skill aspect of it made trade have more of an impact on the server’s playerbase itself, however other aspects of the system caused a lot of dismay within the community. What I liked about it mainly was that when you reached 3000 hours played on a character you unlocked the ability to use every profession under the sun- this gave me more of a reason to log on daily even if it was to just cash in my crafts then start up another batch, and in most times it led to areas having more activity because people around you would get into RP more if there were people online.

There was also the aspect of meaningful alliances when it came to wars other than just doing it for sheer numbers or because of how good their pvpers were. People had allies that could make more powerful weapons than they could, and in return they would trade other things with them in order to ensure that both sides were getting something beneficial from it. The only downside that I saw with the professions was how insanely powerful Alchemy potions were- namely Stoneskin and Alchemist’s Fire being the main powerhouses of wars.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:05 AM, Man of Respect said:

its just the loud wheiners of the community that don’t want nexus, make a pool i’d say it’s a 50/50 or 60/40

Actually, it’s just a bunch of your fellow playerbase didn’t like it and they didn’t enjoy that version of Lotc.  

What was annoying about nexus to me? Here are a few things:

The menus that organized everything but also made it difficult to find anything.

If you weren’t grinding you couldn’t do anything with it. It promoted grind over rp.

There was an economy but it made people stockpile items for no reason. Tons and tons of chests of useless **** that stayed useless until it was phased out of the map.

There was a clear line between RP & Nexus. It never felt fully integrated but instead it felt like a wall. Wanna play a blacksmith? If you didn’t grind 200 hours (or more like 2000) then what is the point? Your crafted items suck in comparison to the average player.

Any casual player got left in the dust with little incentive to return. I remember many a time returning to LoTC after a break, logging in, and logging out 10 minutes later after not wanting to figure out the system again. You can’t do any MC thing without figuring out Nexus and the learning curve was too high. 

Pro: Once you learned to do something with it and spent the time getting the resources you could revel a bit in your semi-customized pixels.

Just because some of us didn’t enjoy it doesn’t make us whiners or invalidate our opinions. It is the server we play on too so respect the differing opinion a little bit more. Also the polls were always rigged and in general, LoTC polls are never accurate. Yet we used them in so many situations that it’s weird that the Nexus poll, sparking it’s removal, is controversial.

6 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

Just because some of us didn’t enjoy it doesn’t make us whiners or invalidate our opinions. It is the server we play on too so respect the differing opinion a little bit more.

sry it wasn’t my intent to say the other opinion is invalid or null, but that a good playerbase, that also isn’t null and shouldn’t be invalidated, does wants Nexus back

also, loud wheiners stands for people that post in the forum a lot or their stuff matters, not whiners

edit: Nexus, in my opinion, created a line between RP and PvP, where Nexus ultimate goal was to enhance the server’s PvP aspect; every road leads to PvP utilities in the end, all the grinding is used for PvP with NO exception.

If you wanted to PvP, you HAD to grind to be relevant/competent or have someone else grind for you, but at the same time no one was obliged to grind if they were actual roleplayers. Max you’d need to grind on Nexus as a hardcore roleplayer would be the same we currently need to grind: food, food and food. It did not interfere on daily rp stuff unless you want to beat raiders, people grinded because they wanted to grind over RP and be more competent at PvP, no one was forcing them to do anything if the intention was to RP.

I like a lot different mechanics or something over vanilla minecraft with local chat and no diamond. I’d be really satisfied if something could fill my need to grind, one of these things would be a brewery plugin like the one we had in Anthos or a music composing plugin. Drug plugin is amazing but it’s broken right now and there’s no devs to fix it, it’ll probs be dropped come next map and this stagnation will likely continue for the next one or two years

2 hours ago, Man of Respect said:

sry it wasn’t my intent to say the other opinion is invalid or null, but that a good playerbase, that also isn’t null and shouldn’t be invalidated, does wants Nexus back

also, loud wheiners stands for people that post in the forum a lot or their stuff matters, not whiners

edit: Nexus, in my opinion, created a line between RP and PvP, where Nexus ultimate goal was to enhance the server’s PvP aspect; every road leads to PvP utilities in the end, all the grinding is used for PvP with NO exception.

If you wanted to PvP, you HAD to grind to be relevant/competent or have someone else grind for you, but at the same time no one was obliged to grind if they were actual roleplayers. Max you’d need to grind on Nexus as a hardcore roleplayer would be the same we currently need to grind: food, food and food. It did not interfere on daily rp stuff unless you want to beat raiders, people grinded because they wanted to grind over RP and be more competent at PvP, no one was forcing them to do anything if the intention was to RP.

I like a lot different mechanics or something over vanilla minecraft with local chat and no diamond. I’d be really satisfied if something could fill my need to grind, one of these things would be a brewery plugin like the one we had in Anthos or a music composing plugin. Drug plugin is amazing but it’s broken right now and there’s no devs to fix it, it’ll probs be dropped come next map and this stagnation will likely continue for the next one or two years

Fair points. I think we can all agree that a brewery plugin would be a good step. Maybe that’s what we need again. Plugin testing? We went through a lot of plugins in  Anthos. Would be cool to revisit some of them.