We Have A Crisis

Telanir

Please can the commentary be kept respectful and constructive there will be further changes announced also soon

I highly recommend reading the thread before jumping to a conclusion for fast rep and the first comment

Edit: @TrendE Then i kinda expect better than a strawman response of 'Oh so this means you're going do this now'. This thread does tackle the issue, it's going to be used to do more than that too.

I know you're pissed at Telanir but instantly pushing back as soon as he opens his mouth isn't going to help. If you have a better idea, make one.

glad it’s started getting through to you regardless of whether this post achieves anything

2 minutes ago, mitto said:

I highly recommend reading the thread before jumping to a conclusion for fast rep and the first comment

I did

This past week has been a wake up call to issues in our community which had long gone unspoken of. I hope that this will start a new chapter on LOTC. I am confident that the staff is honest and dedicated in wanting to lead this new direction.

I honestly haven’t kept up with all of these pedophile posts because most of them are longer than the lore posts on the forums; despite this, I find that this post is a pleasant step forward for not only the admins but the staff as a whole. Many people seem unhappy even with this, but I thank you, Telanir, for speaking out about this situation.

only thing is you actually have to enforce this and have people willing to enforce it, which hasn’t been the same for every other change you’ve made on the server

dont just make this big post about a huge revamp to the way staff works and vanish for another 6 months because nothing will happen and people will just be dissappointed in you even more than they are

the bottom bit, are u going to finally start banning players who knowingly accept/play with banned players?

The best thing you could do for LotC is finally let it die, and let someone else start something new. (or just let it stay dead). The effort is appreciated but this wasn’t it. The administration has relied on words for too long, and all of the actions they have taken have only been more and more contradictory and controversial with every passing month.

End it, it’s like watching a friend slowly wither and die from cancer. Except the doctors, government, and everyone but the people who have no say want to keep them alive.

P.S. Tythus providing that little secondary post only made this post more disingenuous.

1 minute ago, Narthok said:

This post is entirely out of touch. Its going to be used to gas ‘toxic’ and ‘problematic’ players that don’t actually break rules. Rather they’re just extremely critical of the absolutely insane staff incompetence. The server is plagued with rampant child abuse and pedophelia and he’s gone off on some stupid rant about radical ideologues and banned players. Maybe clean your own house and make it so warclaims don’t have a seven week turn around. Maybe interact with the playerbase more than once every two months.

You guys are really playing the victim card by finding yourselves as a target in one of the addressed issues in this thread. Even before anything has even been acted upon. Perhaps if you're super anti-Semitic against players they will email of harrassment, I highly doubt people are going to be banned for jokes.

Half of you are claiming nothing will be done, half of you are claiming it'll be me. How about you give the system time to actually come into effect, or propose better systems instead of ripping on something prematurely.

Things are being addressed one at a time, why do you expect a cure all thread to come up. Be patient, it's not even been a week yet

It’s great that we’re speaking up about the situation – after all the server is a big community and I recon it’s right that everyone is aware of any threats that exist within the community as well as knowing about what’s being done to combat them. Although sadly this isn’t the first iteration of paedophilia that the server has seen and this isn’t the first type of response to a situation like this that we’ve seen.

Realistically at the end of the day it’s all well and good to make a post and try and bring some clarity to the situation however it’s the action that matters. We, as a community, have seen this happen before and to see it happen again is the conclusion of broken promises and heavy idleness within the higher-ups on the staff. I doubt that this message will reach the community in the way as it’s intended as administrator word doesn't mean much now, and I don’t blame the community who thinks that. Having to email someone when you feel that your safety is at risk because the person who is supposedly keeping you safe won’t take the time to listen to you if you’ve sent a message over discord? It doesn't sound very caring to me, and it doesn’t sound like these actions are being taken out of care for the community, instead taken out of a need to make a response.

In essence; **** or get off the pot and let someone who has a deep passion for the community sit on the pot.

4 minutes ago, mitto said:

You guys are really playing the victim card by finding yourselves as a target in one of the addressed issues in this thread. Even before anything has even been acted upon. Perhaps if you're super anti-Semitic against players they will email of harrassment, I highly doubt people are going to be banned for jokes.

Half of you are claiming nothing will be done, half of you are claiming it'll be me. How about you give the system time to actually come into effect, or propose better systems instead of ripping on something prematurely.

Things are being addressed one at a time, why do you expect a cure all thread to come up. Be patient, it's not even been a week yet

Because we have seen posts that promise things from Telanir since he came back earlier this year, and they have consistently made the server worse.

This sums it up perfectly: 

3 minutes ago, Wrynn said:

In essence; **** or get off the pot and let someone who has a deep passion for the community sit on the pot.

If you actually care about this issue/topic, then respond to my Discord PM & I’ll voice the concern/issue that a lot of players have.