We Have A Crisis

Telanir

I am glad we are working on ways to prevent things, but I do advise caution. Both sides have ligitmate claims. I'll make a comment later with my full view, but in short for now. I can see a lot of players banned for jokes. Why? Half lotc is out to get the other half VIOLENTLY. I fear you put to much trust in raging teenagers to understand ligitmate harrassment. Dont get me wrong, there is many competent people on the server. But but but but.... if you havent noticed the server has had the same players warclaim and ban report the other half for about 2 years now. 

Everyone is out to get each other. So I advise security yes, but caution beyond belief.

I’m glad to see you taking the issue seriously (or claiming to in this post) though I wouldn’t say that I agree with the general idea of policing speech in the way that you suggest. This is currently worded vaguely to the point where a mod with a grudge may begin ban proceedings over an edgy joke, which is certainly not what the playerbase is looking for currently. I would propose that you clarify it so that repeated harassment over another specified players identity isn’t tolerated, in such a case only the targeted individual can make the report. This clarification would rule out broadly targeted jokes (even if they aren’t your taste), would stave off the directed harassment of players, and it would importantly avoid second hand victims who may just be looking to report a player that they don’t like. 

Thanks and make sure to get back to me on Discord.

Since none of y’all are going to say it directly. THIS SOLVES NOTHING, The only solution at this point is the door @Telanir.

1 hour ago, Narthok said:

ranting about people posting nazi memes in private chats or some other nonsense. 

1 hour ago, TrendE said:

What, so you’re going to start banning people who post Nazi memes? I don’t see what the relevant issue that you’re tackling is here.

local populace somehow outraged over losing their ability to make antisemetic ‘jokes’ in public online space

yall r wild jesus

2 minutes ago, Ducklingator said:

local populace somehow outraged over losing their ability to make antisemetic ‘jokes’ in public online space

yall r wild jesus

Thanks for missing the point entirely you wallbang

2 minutes ago, Ducklingator said:

yall r wild jesus

I did get warned for calling Narthok a banker american.

4 minutes ago, Ducklingator said:

yall r wild jesus

I’d personally not like to be banned for making a joke about my buddy @Dragonslayerelf being bi in an attempt to pick up liberal chicks on his campus. The current wording is vague enough where that may be possible. Perhaps read over my response which is just a small scroll up and let me know if such an amendment is so wildly unreasonable.

Tldr of this post for those who don’t understand:

We’re banning anyone suspected of pedophilia until proven otherwise, this is a mineman game and not a simulation of real life law. Anyone abusing this to get people they dislike banned will be perma banned.

Edit: It has nothing to do with “antisemetic jokes” and the like.

5 minutes ago, Salvo said:

I did get warned for calling Narthok a banker american.

wheres the lie...

1 hour ago, Ducklingator said:

yall r wild jesus

“I don’t find it funny therefore noone should find it funny!111!”

1 hour ago, Ducklingator said:

yall r wild jesus

dont use the Lord's name in vain

I believe strongly in the community guidelines. I wrote the damn thing and it still holds up, as optimistic as they are. We have failed to uphold them in critical and devastating ways, both in the staff and in the general community. Especially as not just the experience is marred, but safety is jeopardized.

Wonder if you’re actually going to uphold this stuff.

There are people who just shy away from breaking the actual rules but fully break the Community Guidelines you so called put up. Whether it be from being inconsiderate of role-play and wanting PVP such as attacking player-events who just want to start role-playing and ruining their entire evening with just eight or so good people who can just simple click than type. Or people who strive to make half-assed characters to commit ****-tier villainy with rhyming names.

Please consider bringing Villain Applications back

10 minutes ago, Parker said:

Please consider bringing Villain Applications back

There are bad hero character types aswell.

5 minutes ago, RobbingHood said:

There are bad hero character types aswell.

I don’t think calling GM’s racial slurs and shitting on people’s characters for no reason, is a villain character type.

I also don’t think a bad character type is someone who denies PVP before role-play in even the least, because you got upset a GM didn’t wnat to agree to you clicking or hopping over walls of Mau’Madur using horses with poor RP.