You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Birdman

I’ve always thought that posts such as these were frivolous, but I’m sentimental enough nowadays to make one anyways. 

Though I did log in every so often, it’s been about a year and a half since I actively played LOTC. In that interim, I’ve learned, grown, and changed enough to comfortably divorce myself from the side of myself that I used to present to our community.

While I was involved in a lot of creative projects that I remain proud of, and made friends that I count among my closest (online or IRL,) I said a lot of things to a lot of people that I regret.

While this list is hardly complete, and I’ve spoken to many of you individually, I still find it important to right any outstanding wrongs of mine before I return to the community full time.

To @JoelTheGinger, I apologize sincerely for all of my past mistreatment of you. Though nobody deserves to be randomly slandered or slurred, I feel especially bad for being cruel to somebody that would go on to do a lot of work for the Haense community, without a doubt my biggest LOTC soft spot. I recall us being quite friendly when I was playing Karl Sigmar the regent, and you were playing Anna Sophia when she was affiliated with the Amadors- let’s return to those times!

To any players that were in my “out group” when I last played- (playerbases that Oren or Haense have ever had friction with) -if I had said anything dumb about you in passing, take them as the words of a young screamer still finding his way. Lotc and the internet at large can make us awfully tribal, I’d like to be better at defeating that, and help others to do so as well.

And to my fellow Barbanov Office employees (@NJBB, @Pureimp10, @HurferDurfer1, the whole gang,) I apologize for ever letting angst over LOTC politics get me to drive away some of the best people I ever met on here. Every one of you is smart, funny, kind, and sincere in your own way. I’d like to be your friend again, if you’ll have me.

All that being said, I do love this place, warts and all, and I’m ready to engage with it in a healthier way going forward! 

Though it does seem that a lot has changed. To the people who knew me, what is something that happened in the last year that I would find shocking or funny? To anyone else reading this post- I’m really into the Beatles right now, so let me know your favorite Beatles track!

Peace and love everybody 

P.S: Please spare me the indulgence of a new forum account. I seem to have lost the password to my recovery email, so I can only access my old account from my mobile phone. Shame- I had accrued a sizeable rep count on the old boy, but here’s to new beginnings.

Edited by Birdman

I appreciate the apology birdnerdy and of course forgive you, I hate how things turned out between us and think we’re better than some minecraft beef, yknow. My behavior was just as bad if not worse at times, which I also apologize for. I’d be happy to be your friend again birdnerdy, and am glad that you’re back. 

This really means a lot to me. Considering how many insults and false accusations I get thrown my way, be it for the characters I play, who I’m attracted to, or even the sound of my voice, the fact that you came on the forums and apologized to me after all this time truly shows that you have matured and grown as a person since the last time we spoke. You’re the only person thus far on the server to show me that kind of courtesy and respect after our history of animosity.

Find me a character to play in Haense, and I’d gladly help you and that community bring back the glory days of the Axios era! Feuding with you over the obnoxious amount of land House Amador had at the time was always a highlight of my time back then! ?

o7 good luck to you man, shoot me your discord so we can stay in touch.

Welcome back birdo. I’m glad you’ve returned and I hope you like it this time too.

Man this was an absolutely amazing thing to come back and see this weekend. Love you bird, I’m glad youre back. 

“We are all just prisoners here, of our own device..”

Welcome back Bird, good to see that you’re still kicking.