[✗] ~Invention Lore - The Goblin ArmLink/HandLink~

SomeKeyboardGuy

~Invention Lore - The Goblin ArmLink/HandLink~

Description:

The Goblin ArmLink is an invention obviously used mostly by Goblins to help them build/invent weapons and siege weapons alike, which also could be used as a personal weapon. The base of it all is an arm brace more or less used on the characters writing hand which has two locking systems on the outside of the arm. One at the wrist, and one ¾ down the arm. Where if the attachment is secured on the arm brace correctly, that said attachment will not fall off if your characters sways its arm around. It's the most important part of this whole contraption and without it, the attachment would be considered a normal tool or weapon. 

Capabilities:

We will now go into the attachments which would be the many uses of the ArmLink which there are two main parts, the arm brace, and the HandLink. I consider the HandLink an attachment since it attaches to the wrist lock on the arm brace. Going across the hand before going down between the middle and ring finger as there would be a grip where anyone could grip there hand on. As the hand would be in knuckle position, a thin bar of metal would be going across outside the fingers where at the right side of the bar, there would be a semi flat circle with some weight, more specifically for hammering. Another locking system would be in front and in the center of said bar.

Each attachment can be either a weapon, or a tool to help anyone in said characters desire. A knife or a short blade could be implemented where the HandLink would go with the Locking system. Making the ArmLink capable of hiding a knife more sneakily as a sleeve could easily go over the ArmLink and the knife wouldn't be that much visible. The second Locking system 3/4ths down the arm could hold a smaller version of a crossbow which can be used to temporarily stun enemies with pain of a small arrow. However it would take a few arrows to the head to kill someone but could also be a good way to blind someone. For the HandLink, a longer blade could be implemented for better close combat or maybe a saw to cut wood. Momentum is key for using both HandLink attachments as a weapon. Where many more attachments could be invented other by me which is what is really unique about the capabilities of the ArmLink.

Red Lines:

• Cannot have more than two locking mechanisms on the ArmLink and only one on the HandLink, I am not trying to make a medieval IronMan.
  • The small Crossbow requires two arms to harness it, one for reloading and shooting, and one for aiming so no double ArmLinks/HandLinks for the small crossbow.
  • Any attachments made by people has to go through the invention submission process as to not make this overpowered as I know many people would have crazy ideas. But modifying the listed attachments bellow can be modified slightly for color or metal. But for example no hooks, ropes, flame swords, etc can be attached without going through the submission process.
  • The following attachments can be applied to the ArmLink/HandLink.

• Cannot invent anything that would seem like it would be in a nuclear wasteland civilization, like a full body suit with locking systems all around. Just Arms and Hands.

• Can only be made by Goblins for how it intentionally ties to them.

• No one can say that they invented the ArmLink/HandLink because no one knows who did since of not having an origin story.

ArmLink:

1. A knife or a short blade.

2. A small crossbow.

HandLink:

1. Hammer which is implemented on the HandLink.
  2. A saw or a long blade.

OOC:

I want to bring more life to inventors on LOTC. When I walk around the lands of Arcas, I don’t see any new siege weapons or new weapons or tools, especially none from the Goblins and they are a race to make all that. Which brings up the fact that Goblins are dying out or people are not playing them as much. I sound like I have played a Goblin for a long while but that isn't the truth. Been playing for about a week I suppose. Anyways the Goblin ArmLink/HandLink I’d say is more of a base. Players can make more attachments to it, and it wouldn't take that much imagination to make a new attachment. Maybe make something that would increase the complexity of an existing attachment. There is barely a limit to this and that what I was going for.

Also I didn't add a backstory or it all as a siege weapon because first off, it's a tool more than a war machine and two, making a backstory would mess up so much of the lore of tools for Goblins. Which that is debatable. 

Edited by SciGuy

10 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

I clicked on this hoping the lore would make it so goblins became more powerful as they held/linked hands with one another. ??‍♂️

That is already well established lore. The Goblin power of friendship.

Thank you for submitting your piece! We are currently going through all of the current lore submissions submitted and as there is a backlog it will take a bit longer than normal. Your piece is now under review, a verdict will be given within a month or so.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.