Sign in to follow this  
BenevolentManacles

Cowards

In response to the recent address from the Barony of Warwick and the Kingdom of Curon,

R-SdpiElDtDxKvJ4MgGGlTD-Nr_8g1rGreAEyUY5yJrf6CJ89LVcLV3OpH7HU8-ilGJymbOZQ5DFUB6buFT1oGZQoqYgze3kfS_F8sZQaxEtylkgBkWEvKHKlYDckzsAplz_XR4e

To the Barony of Warwick;

Since I became relevant in Imperial governance you have groveled for titles and to be recognized, asking for thresholds you could meet in order to become a Kingdom, or gain Senate seats, or what-have-you. Ultimately you fail to understand that greatness comes from great deeds, and you are throwing a hissy fit over not being handed greatness or recognition on a platter. Do you think the men of Morsgrad care about you, or can make you great? They wish only to use you to further their aim, and you have fallen for their trap.

Say what you will for the Empire, but when Morsgrad rallied to attack Haense, we rallied to its defense, and stood stalwart in front of our vassal, ready to die defending it. Remember that when this war is over, if you choose to assist the men of Morsgrad in armed combat, GOD will smite you for your heathenry, and you will have destroyed any reason any man in the world would have to trust you. Know also that even if you seek to proclaim neutrality, I will personally march over there and trim you a head short. Simply because you made a voluntary choice to swear fealty does not mean you can voluntarily absolve yourself of it.

What a hideous, idiotic, honorless destruction of the values of GOD and man.

To the Regent of Curon;

Angelo, here I have something more delicate; at least in some ways. You and your wife shared drinks with myself and my wife, and so I take a lighter tone with you, yet with the same substance. The worst thing that you have done is betray King Pierce. You have dishonored him beyond belief, the man who, when pushed to the brink, chose to make the proper decision and remain a vassal of the Empire. A man who many times I spoke with in privy on matters paramount to the security of the state, and who I knew had the best interests of all of humanity at heart. You broke his oath of fealty for him, a contract that no man has the right to violate.

You are a sniveling fool, and a coward. I challenge you to a duel to the death, for the honor of my sickly friend King Pierce of Curon, whom you have insulted with your snot-stained declaration.

God save you both.

His Excellency, Sir John d’Arkent

Vice Chancellor, Baron of Selm

Edited by BenevolentManacles

“Barony of Warwick or Archduchy of Suffonia?” Julius Salviatti would raise a brow as he reads the document

"who would have thought that Curon who has a well documented history of betrayal and cowardice, would betray us all again." Ben say

52 minutes ago, BenevolentManacles said:

Say what you will for the Empire, but when Morsgrad rallied to attack Haense, we rallied to its defense, and stood stalwart in front of our vassal, ready to die defending it.

“Odd how sallying out to defend your people’s and allies when wronged is acceptable, and heroic when you do it. Had your poor excuse of an ‘Emperor’ not intervened In Morsgrads business with Haense when they attacked Rubern unprovoked then all of this would have been settled rather peacefully.” Alaric would comment upon reading the missive.

1 hour ago, BenevolentManacles said:

I challenge you to a duel to the death

"Odd how when Godric offers a duel, it's seen as barbaric by Oren. But now when Oren offers the duel, they're all of a sudden righteous and civilized." Scoffs Ser Conan. 

Edited by ChaseusBelli

Milenko I Antonius accepts the duel in the name of his allies and prepares to act as a Champion “Oren die, Haense die.”

Antanios Rutledge is very grateful that he’s dead right now so that he wouldn’t have to put up with all this misunderstood drama.

He taps his chin from the Seven Skies, before looking over his shoulder at his friend Wilhelm (@KosherZombie), who was probably busy with a joint. “You know, akhi, if you watch Humanity long enough, they tend to repeat someone else’s mistakes, yet they don’t see that.”

“A lot o’ cowards in this world and a lot o’ things livin’ long passed their dues, me half brother being one o’ dem...” A particular Marnan makes plans to reclaim his birthright and offing John again on his return to Oren.

JOSEPH 2 SENDS OUT LETTERS THE CURONIAN  REGENT.

”DO NOT DUEL JOHN, HE WILL COME BACK TO LIFE THROUGH DARK MAGIC. DO NOT RISK YOURSELF BE FREE.”