[Completed][Completed] [Debate/Poll]: Holy vs. Dark Conflict

BonesOfTheEarth

Holy vs. Dark  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How should Holy vs. Dark conflict be handled?

• Holy people should be allowed to write within their lore what they're required to fight for/against.
    • Holy and Dark groups should compromise whenever a holy lore is being made, and discuss how their given creeds/tenants/whatever would apply to the dark.
    • The LT are right and holy people should not at all treat dark people differently than your average innocent man.
    • Other(Detail below).

I don’t think there is such a thing as good and bad or holy and unholy. Just like in the real world there really isn’t just a way to put someone in a box and call them solely bad or good. 

Apart from that the magic really depends on how you use it like some others have explained in earlier reactions on this post. Dark Magic can be used in a good way, making it a good dark mage? Just stick to voidal and deity magic as a way to describe them, since every magic is and can be used to differently.

The fact that so many are hell bent on having “good vs evil” kind of shows how utterly brain damaged they are. Both “good” and “evil” characters will go to such lengths as to breaking the rules to exterminate each other, only to prove a point. So much so that any attempt at creating a middle ground between such things becomes impossible due to the crude mindset which was created: “u look evil u die ug-glug” etc. 

Think outside the box people :**

Morality isn’t simply black or white. There’s way more depth to it. “Good” people are capable of cruelty and “bad” people are capable of kindness. I’m fine with nominal stances against light or dark but there really is more nuance to it imo

New post and poll upcoming today. It seems a vast majority are in a general agreement(No two thoughts are exactly alike), and I’ve seen some wonderful comments on this post that have genuinely changed my mind about a few things.

Edited by Fury_Fire

never had an issue with it so long as a Magic’s entire identity doesn’t revolve around countering a magic or creature type.  

If you want for your lore to affect anyone differently, outside of the norm, then you should talk to the lore writer of the lore you want to target. You’re never supposed to write **** in your lore that affects one magic (I say magic, but it really applies to any lore.) without first asking people if that’s something you’d be allowed to do.

Debate completed. I’ve already responded to the follow up thread made based on the discussion found on this thread/the poll. I recommend giving it a read as some of the things stated on this thread have been misinformation and not accurate: click me.

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.