A_New_Noob

Rejection of Anvilaxe Leadership

Nailed to the door of the Goldhand Fort in Sutica, the door of the Goldhand Clan Hall in Kal’Evraal, and the door of Goldhand Manor in Kal’Evraal is the following letter. There is no copy on the Bulletin Board of Kal’Evraal, although it is not impossible that a passerby of any of the listed locations may view it.

It is a sad state of affairs when a dwed feels they are being pushed to leave their Clan Father, but tis the state I find myself in. I am Morag Goldhand, son of Marguan Goldhand son of Pinki Goldhand son of Finki Goldhand son of Alfados Goldhand, who is grandson to Tungdil Goldhand. My blood runs with pride and passion for trade and for the Merchant Father Armakak, and my ancestors' blood before me. The Clan is currently led by Hekkaes. And although I wish no ill to Hekkaes, for I still consider him a friend even if he wouldn't consider me one, he has pushed me away from his leadership. In the past he has slurred the race of the clan's ancestors. Even farther in the past he has abandoned the clan, as anybody who looks at the Grudgebook would know. I have been tempted for a while to voice openly my distaste with Hekkaes' leadership of the clan, but decided not to out of a desire to keep the clan united and strong.

But that changed recently, for Hekkaes pushed me over the edge. He now has placed regulations and rules on who we may and may not trade with, banning me from joing a guild designed to praise and honor Armakak over a petty squabble he has with a weakly associated organization to it. Hekkaes, the once deserter of the Clan, has threatened to expel me, who's ancestors have lived for this clan and the will of Armakak since Tungdil himself, over a personal squabble he has with a guild not even associated with Armakak's Coin. But this disagreement is not about my joining of the guild, it is that he would threaten to expel someone over something so small, so mundane. It speaks volumes of his nature, and reveals him for the master of deception he is, not the facade of an honorable and hard-working merchant he puts on for the world. He has used the Clan to grow his own coffers and push his own personal views since his leadership began, as is evident by a brief analysis of his actions as leader. He left the Clan in the first place, breaking an oath, for his own benefit. He rejoined it only when he knew he’d become leader of the Clan. He killed Dargur Goldhand, a convicted slaver, so to save face for himself and the clan, rather than try improve Dargur to become a more honorable dwed. He has slurred the race of the ancestors of the Clan to further his political agenda and align himself closer with other mountain dwed clans, rather than contribute anything meaningful to them. He has insisted that all business a Goldhand does goes either to themself or the Goldhand Clan, which is of course managed by him, only deepening his own coffers.

I will not be threatened by a trickster, I will not let my praise of Armakak be stopped by anyone, let alone the very people who should encourage it. May I make it clear, I have no ill will to any Goldhand, they are my kinsmen. But I will not recognize the authority and legitimacy of a Clan Father who has left the clan, killed members of our clan, slurred our ancestors and inhibits the praise of Armakak. Therefore I reject the status of Hekkaes as Clan Father of the Goldhands, but I do not claim it. I've not the wisdom nor experience to claim it. Instead I shall conduct my praise to Armakak and business on my own with my family. I do not ask of the rest of the Clan to take a side, in fact I encourage them not to. I love you, for you are my Clan, regardless what Hekkaes may say. I say to you my fellow Goldhands to stay with Hekkaes if he does not impede your worship of Armakak. This conflict is not between me and the Goldhands, simply me and Hekkaes. The only reason I go public is because I know the nature of Hekkaes, and know he will do everything in his power to warp this against me.

Hekkaes Anvilaxe, I know that you read this. You may to attempt to expel me from my name, but I simply do not care what you say. I am a Goldhand through and through even if you dare deny it, and I will love my Clan and Armakak even if you deny it.

Narvak oz Armakak

Narvak oz da Aurokanar Kazamar

Signed Morag Goldhand

[!] All three letters would've been snatched right after Morag would place them.

[!] However, a random Cave Dwarf who had seen the letters copies them and replaces them word for word.

[!] Morag notices Hekkaes take down the flyer, and as well the cave dwarf put them back up. He rushes to stop the cave dwarf, telling him there was no need to get into Goldhand business, although the gesture was appreciated. Morag now looks back at the door of the Clan Hall, disgruntled and angry. He takes the copy that the cave dwarf had put up and brings it with him, annoyed that his message is being censored from other Goldhands. Exactly what he feared would happen, Hekkaes manipulating information to the dwarves, was happening.

“Perhaps it is toime fer a true descendant of Tungil to claim deh title of Clan Father.” Remarks Fili

3 hours ago, A_New_Noob said:

[!] Morag notices Hekkaes take down the flyer, and as well the cave dwarf put them back up. He rushes to stop the cave dwarf, telling the him there was no need to get into Goldhand business, although the gesture was appreciated. Morag now looks back at the door of the Clan Hall, disgruntled and angry. He takes the copy that the cave dwarf had put up and brings it with him, annoyed that his message is being censored from other Goldhands. Exactly what he feared would happen, Hekkaes manipulating information to the dwarves, was happening.

The Cave dwarf just kept putting the flyers up, maybe he has a hidden motive.

Jorvin Starbreaker squints across the city chamber, noticing Crevin put up flyers from the market....And noticing Hekkaes taking flyers down other flyers on the other side of the chamber.

Jorvin Starbreaker just sighs, and returns to stocking his stall with fresh weapons.

Horren ‘Rosebush’ Bogbelly looks at the spectacle of the adding and removing of the flyers as he enjoys a deep hit from his wooden pipe