My frustration with PVP default and CRP

TheTri

Just now, Novastral said:

You completely missed the point. Calling other people smooth braided and insulting them because of something that happened in rp is wrong no matter the situation, If you don’t have any screenshots then you don’t really have a strong case. Logs can be easily altered. Your over the top reaction to a half-hour of lost rp time is over the top and unnecessary. Grow up. Either deal with in rp or move on. 

They were the ones who, brought more oocly and even brought irp into oocly. okke, continue defending your buddies. ?

unknown.png

made by Boom ?

Edited by MinaGobbler

2 minutes ago, MinaGobbler said:

unknown.png

made by Boom ?

Nice meme, y’all are good at it at least. wasn’t it edgy magic rp?

8 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

They were the ones who, brought more oocly and even brought irp into oocly. okke, continue defending your buddies. ?

M9 people have been saying the same thing about raids and pvp for years now. I know for a fact that some orcs can be toxic and disruptive but if any rules were blatantly broken they’d be punished or reported by people with screenshots. You’re not bringing anything new to the discussion you’re just lashing out because you lost a raid and don’t want to actually roleplay out the consequences of being an easy target. If you don’t want orcs raiding you just offer them tribute or hire people to defend you. Y’know. By rping. 

3 minutes ago, Novastral said:

M9 people have been saying the same thing about raids and pvp for years now. I know for a fact that some orcs can be toxic and disruptive but if any rules were blatantly broken they’d be punished or reported by people with screenshots. You’re not bringing anything new to the discussion you’re just lashing out because you lost a raid and don’t want to actually roleplay out the consequences of being an easy target. 

I didn’t even lost it, Lmao and actually i wasn’t an easy target, dunno if you’re present.  and right, i don’t even want to continue- that’s just a big joke, now. good luck with your amazing sucking toe-pvp  villainy roleplay.

1 minute ago, Goblinberg said:

I didn’t even lost it, Lmao and actually i wasn’t an easy target, dunno if you’re present.  and right, i don’t even want to continue- that’s just a big joke, now. good luck with your amazing sucking toe-pvp roleplay.

1. Remember to treat other players with respect even if you disagree with them. Otherwise, you just make the situation worse. 

37 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

I didn’t even lost it, Lmao and actually i wasn’t an easy target, dunno if you’re present.  and right, i don’t even want to continue- that’s just a big joke, now. good luck with your amazing sucking toe-pvp  villainy roleplay.

how have you turned so toxic lol 

3 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

******* ironic, kid.

Lmao, was waiting a comment about my old roleplay, you haven’t rp’d with me at all.

Just now, Werew0lf said:

how have you turned so toxic lol 

?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

Lmao, was waiting a comment about my old roleplay, you haven’t rp’d with me at all.

?‍♂️

oh well i guess people do change over mInECraFt roleplay servers 

3 minutes ago, Goblinberg said:

It’s probably time you close this tab, bud. I am yet to say I have, yet you are the one on this thread screeching about RPers taking losses to PVPers. If you want to know how to appropriately take an RP loss from a PVP conflict you could just check in on the post that Mina made yesterday about the conflict between him and I. Though I don’t imagine you’re inclined to do so because I have a creeping suspicion that you’re on this board raging about how PVP affects you, not because you want good RP created from it, but rather because you are a child who is opposed to losing. I hope you can learn from the Orcs, the superior roleplayers, and become a better player overall. 

G’night.

29 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

It’s probably time you close this tab, bud. I am yet to say I have, yet you are the one on this thread screeching about RPers taking losses to PVPers. If you want to know how to appropriately take an RP loss from a PVP conflict you could just check in on the post that Mina made yesterday about the conflict between him and I. Though I don’t imagine you’re inclined to do so because I have a creeping suspicion that you’re on this board raging about how PVP affects you, not because you want good RP created from it, but rather because you are a child who is opposed to losing. I hope you can learn from the Orcs, the superior roleplayers, and become a better player overall. 

G’night.

I wasn’t even in the  pvp or nor i was  behind those ‘sutica’s gates’. i was watching at the start and then i  was trying to do properly rp. which one of the raiders tried to properly ignore, but all right. also, pvp is good when  is needed.  Also,  you don't know how much I love to lose combat RPs, I never cared about winning and this make me understand how much you talk out of context. I'll look forward for learning the mystic way of sucking-toe rp and other **** like that. the greatest orcs rp, right? Jokes aside; Only TRUE Shamans are really good orc roleplayer as like you Jandy. I’ve seen your emotes and such. And i didn’t say that every orc is ******* bad.

People talk about edgy self insert mages power gaming and **** and min maxing or whatever as a defense for PvP default unironically ignoring thst PvP relies entirely on mechanical PvP relies entirely on ooc skills that have little to do with rp. 

"but they like that their PvP makes a rp impact!" 

By basically grinding their skill in PvP so thst they can beat anyone who doesn't while claiming they do it because people who rp combat refuse to die. 

That's some funny wording right there and it's commonly used. The problem is that most PvPers refuse to die as well when they combat rp but decide to blame the mage who by all means should be able to **** them up pretty confidently if they play smart. 

Hypocricy all around. 

I’m not gonna front, the aggressive anger on this post has made me lose a considerable amount of respect for you Goblinberg. Then again, I, too, am but a dirty pvp goon which... you seem to hate. So my approval won’t matter. 

As for TheTri, I’m sorry you feel inconvenienced by pvp, but pvp is part of roleplay. Who knows, if you learned to pvp you might find, like many others, that you quite enjoy it. It’s a faster, cleaner solution to a roleplay emote fight (which I have yet to see not devolve into an OOC bickering war instead of an IC fight because no one enjoys losing on this server!) I was once a fan of roleplay fights, but upon rejoining the server...never again. Monkeys think swords can pierce armor. Enough said. 

Anthony, since you’re sharing your experiences of pvp and crp i’ll kindly deliver mine from up to. . let’s say 2018, Atlas. 

• Everyone hates crp because if it’s not their friend, they don’t take it seriously.
  • Just about everyone and their dead relative love to pvp because it’s quick, usually doesn’t stir up much trouble (Besides when people are salty, which is very often. .) and generally. . preferred flavor because people don’t got time/just want to crap on somebody less fortunate, bandit rp is usually very similar to this, it’s boring, I dislike it, a-lot.
  • I agree with your statement on raiders moving towards your location mcly, copy pasting crap and whatnot, it’s not exactly realistic, nor is it very engaging, it’s just annoying on the receivers part entirely.

Anyway, I got off track, Atlas’s flavor of the year was constant warclaims and people screeching on the forums like a bunch of apes at eachother while some people like to personally target others in them, pvp video’s aren’t fun, nor is watching people you considered/once considered friends yell at one another like a bunch of children in a playpit.  . Lotc should’ve been something greater than just having people argue and feud because there’s nothing to do on the server, is it really their fault for not having anything else to do? Yes Nexus encouraged pvp and grinding but at the very least it GAVE people something to do outside of constant pvp, bandit rp and slice of life. 

I know some people are saying: But Jdes you don’t like to pvp, you’re bias- I honestly couldn’t ffucking care if you think that or not, when you have a ROLEPLAY SERVER and people are coming on for PVP for a ROLEPLAY SERVER it tends to make you wonder what flaws can be fixed to lessen the hemorrhaging of ideals. Event team could be more active, story team could be doing more besides being deadlocked on some loremags, or for the better part, actually give people something to do besides undercut a non existent market, casually pvp and whatnot. But of course, we just lost 80% or so of the Dev team less than a few weeks ago so. . Good bloody luck trying to do any of that.

Let me tell you something simple, something that anyone can understand, pvp isn’t healthy, it has it’s uses, but it shouldn’t be a permanent problem fixer because someone has magic, or another person said so. If you don’t want to roleplay. . i don’t even see why you’re even on the server to begin with, besides proving how the norm is flawed and fractured. 

And before you even go there, no. I don’t care if this post gets dissected piece by piece, people wanna rant, lett’m. It’s not like they’re doing any harm out of it.