Sign in to follow this  
Axelu

BE THAT OF QUEENS

Ser Nikolaus Kortrevich made way up towards the Queen consort’s tower in the Ekaterinburg Palace where he’d soon discover no presence of Milena. He swiftly descended downstairs where he’d inquire to the nearest handmaiden’s that roamed through the palace of the queen’s whereabouts. Soon enough Nikolaus would acknowledge what laid before him as he then called out for aid before coming to sudden realization of the reality that was presented before him. 

”Your Majesty, may you ascend to the seven skies in a state of relative peace and happiness where you may look upon your children and your husband to which you leave behind and guide them through their lives to a state of peace and happiness during these troubled times of war that this Kingdom and this Empire are inflicted with. . . .”

Edited by Zanthuz

Hadrian, sitting in his office reading legal reports is tapped on the shoulder by a deputy. ”What?” he looks up to the young man, waiting for him to speak “Th-the Queen... she’s dead.” wide eyed he spoke”Out.” he pointed to the door, as the man left he’d mutter ”Dear GOD, what has ‘his war come to?” 

It was at the bedside of her sickly young sister, Karina, that Maya Alimar stood with the missive in her trembling fingers. She had read it over too many times to count, as if glancing over the words enough times would allow for them to change– and yet, they did not. The young girl of only twelve sunk to her knees with the parchment still tightly within her grasp.

Her eyes welled with tears as she was quick to realize that she would never hear the wise lectures or comforting words again of someone she considered her mentor, tutor; if not motherly figure that she could only hope to one day resemble in strength and resolve. She did not rise for quite some time, only finding solace in all that she had left of the woman she so greatly adored– memories.

“I don’t know how you stay so strong.” Maya had once told her in the confines of the royal quarters of the Ekaterinburg palace. The two had endured much that day together, though surviving through it nonetheless.

“A Queen must.” 

It was that memory alone the young girl held onto to know Milena would be not only welcomed into the seven skies by so many, but comforted there and still strong despite her life too early lost.

Edited by Eryane

Although not knowing the queen, Augusta Borsa gave her a hearty smile before floatishly-walking on over to her. “My queen,” she said her voice whispy and gurgly, her throat slit, her body pale, she knelt down before her. “You did wonderful.” Augusta then floated on back to her corner she designated to herself in the few hours she’d been there.

Upon hearing the news, the Lothranian knights pay their respects and pray for the queen’s soul.

”May she eternally rest in the heavens above and her people find peace after this great loss.” 

Edited by Ggt

As Ester received word of Milena’s passing, a cold chill ran through her veins, an aching sorrow that dug deep into the woman as she read each word. “I suppose that tea will have to wait even longer, dear Queen.” She’d utter beneath her breath as a few stray tears spilled onto her cheeks. “Rest well, Milena, until we meet again.”

“So clearly do I recall the day you wed my brother. It was spectacular- your gown! I’ve no doubt that the fabrics you wore that day shall forever be recorded in history as some of Haense’s finest, her finest Queen. Given, I’ve only lived to see Klaudia reign by my Father’s side- but somehow I do feel inclined to believe you greatest yet.”

Prior to her death, Mariya had left final letter to her dearest friend- a sister not of blood yet entirely one of soul. In her final waking moments she had prayed desperately to any God that’d listen that she wouldn’t see Milena beside her in the skies, submitting to an end that was anything but the peace of old age.

Yet, as she watched from above each merciless thrust of a blade, the Queen’s final moments, a solemn pride crossed the aged Duchess. Her sister had done all and more with her livelihood, and the long awaited time that they’d meet once again grew ever near. 

There was no doubt that Milena was welcomed to the seven skies by many a soul. She had looked on as the woman ascended, and looked on again as each person known or unknown congratulated her on the vestiges of her life.

As she met Milena’s gaze, she offered the shadow of a smile. At last, she welcomed her home.

Arianne grips the Lorraine Cross which hung from her neck as she heard news of Queen Melina’s untimely demise.  Her lips pressed together, the corners of them tugging into a frown as she processed the information.  The young princess of Kaedrin blinked back tears, her jaw beginning to clench and her hold on the cross tightening.  “May my mother welcome you to The Seven Skies, your Majesty,” the tawny-haired girl uttered.

Her heart then ached as the thought of her betrothed hearing such news of his mother’s death, and soon sought him out.

((,NOoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

Adeline welcomes Milena to the Seven with a 

Kiss on the cheek. 

Charlotte Josephine Delatour would read the notice soon after shrugging a bit. “This is very sad to hear, long may her legacy live”  SheThe young girl would say even whilst not actually knowing the women and her status, soon after she would go to sign the o’ holy Lorraine cross over her chest.