Political Discussion On LotC

Telanir

this is such a horrible choice it’s actually hilarious

what if, by sheer coincidence, in character politics happen to somewhat reflect real world politics of some time period, purely by coincidence

would discussing those in character politics, due to their resemblance to out of character politics, then become bannable content in and of itself?

also, you can’t go “we’re one of the most maturity communities out there!” while also pleading that mature topics NEVER be discussed EVER dohd

this is a rule that will only be enforced by gms who dislike what someone’s saying, or be stretched to apply to something someone’s saying, and i don’t understand how after months of pr blunder after pr blunder, when staff confidence is at an all-time low (something i thought we hit rock bottom for multiple times), you would try to make this your hill to fight for

#debate

yoinks, all you commentators about to get some fancy warning points

If this comment gets 2 rep ill take a shot of Clorox. 

Edited by Safryie
4 rep for a second shot. ;)

Frankly, I get it.

Defining the line between innocent political humor and genuine racism, hatespeech, etc is a very hard thing to do. Usually jokes of an offensive nature are done within a context of a friendgroup or pretext. It is hard for an outsider like a mod to take this into account, leading to either too weak or too heavy of a response.

It's better to keep a Minecraft roleplay community focused on minecraft roleplay in its discourse: plenty of room for edgy humor and inside jokes in your personal Discord groups.

I mean LoTC is a server with a setting where a character can walk into a town and mass murder children if they wanted to so I dont really get the whole protecting impressionable youth argument by signalling out a relatively niche area of discussion.

People can be toxic about anything. How about you, yknow, keep toxic outbursts in check rather than policing one topic? You're not stopping anything at all. Frankly its actually a really lazy bandaid for mods; this is the equivalent of banning combat because it can sometimes result in arguments.

This decision doesn't make sense if you think about it for more than 2 seconds. But I guess that's the trademark of a Telanir post

Nah nah. Works great for China. I support this. 

@Telanir, as much as I may dislike other groups, peoples, organizations, and the like. We all have choices to make, we all have the opportunity to act. And by banning those you deem to be breaking your rules, you are discouraging ideas and civil discussion. I agree with what you are trying to do, removing toxicity, public arguments, and other distasteful subects. But an ideal thing to do would be encouraging civil discussions, and to encourage this, you could simply have warnings handed out for those who begin to argue irrationally and disruptively. I do not desire to see this server become a large safe space, all those ever do is feed the community with milk, making everyone a little weaker. A strong community should consist of those who disagree and can have a discussion with an opponent, albeit respectively. Thank you!

bro what are you doing, just let the mob die down for two seconds u keep doing this to yourself