The Death of Content Moderation

Telanir

x47cXA3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Finally... staff displaying at least a couple braincells

Though haven't yet been around for that long (about less than a yr) It's good to see some changes with management about the forum restriction points

1 hour ago, Publius said:

I got a few warning points from years ago I didn’t bother appealing, I’ll sell em to ya for a few crowns now that they’re so rare!

1 crown a pop

So instead of 10 warning points you can issue 1 single 'serious' warning that can see them banned. Half the reasons people get a warning is from unwritten rules or trying to find out why gms remove their content with no notification 

What about my current warning points then? And what happens now once I reach a certain threshold of points? How do I appeal my points? Do my warning points vanish with time?

This is actually a really good sounding system.

Warnings are not a tool to help us. They’re a way to censor and shut down people you don’t like without having to open a conversation with them about why they responded in the way they did. 

Can I get my warning point from about four years ago taken off from Serenity Onyx? Just been too lazy to get the damn thing removed and i’d rather it not be there anymore if this is the way things are going.

Can I keep my warning points from Irish from 2014 when I posted in Boiendl’s ban appeal?

In all seriousness, a different approach might be worth it, given how volatile some situations can be (OOC banter and the usual salt, that quickly earned these ominous warning points).

I guess this means the olden golden strategy of “forgetting” your forum password and making a new account every time you hit 9 warns is finally retired.