The Lord of The Craft Calendar and Time

E__V__O

25 minutes ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

The official calendar is the only one that really matters oocly. Players can create whatever date system they want to use, but they will never be staff enforced. That’s how roleplay works. You are free to make whatever post you would like regarding your culture’s customs on time keeping and date tracking, and we have an entire subforum dedicated to such posts found here. 

it should be noted that the current ig date has absolutely no reflection on the date of real world’s history, and the two are entirely separate entities with no relation towards each other at all. That’d be like comparing the year Skyrim takes place (4E 201) with 201 AD irl. It’s silly and doesn’t matter. 
Also a more accurate interpretation of humanity’s actual existence would include adding ten thousand years to our traditional calendar, which would make this year 12,019. This isn’t relevant information at all just something i wanted to say. More info found here, interesting watch.

Ahh, I actually didn’t know that. I just saw people using the time as a reason we should implement fire arms and assumed it progressed as the real world. I think it’d be cool if at a certain age we create a new era, like this could be comparative to the BC era.

If we’re gonna provide support for non-official calendar systems, we’d have to give the same support for other non-human non-official calendar systems as well.

Tbh costs nothing to just add "*X culture also refers to Y month as Z"

Just now, Xarkly said:

Tbh costs nothing to just add "*X culture also refers to Y month as Z"

It doesn’t. This post however was just supposed to list the current standard we have within the game of a date system. If the post included other cultures unique dates and times in accordance then it’ll be a lot more bloated and need constant updating or removing depending on what new ‘calendar’ was created. I will post a link to other cultures at the bottom of the post that refers to other cultures instead. (I am doing this now).

5 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

It doesn’t. This post however was just supposed to list the current standard we have within the game of a date system. If the post included other cultures unique dates and times in accordance then it’ll be a lot more bloated and need constant updating or removing depending on what new ‘calendar’ was created. I will post a link to other cultures at the bottom of the post that refers to other cultures instead. (I am doing this now).

In general terms yes but in reality new calendars aren't created too frequently nor consistently. I don't think anyone's suggesting we feature a new calendar a 4 person charter wrote that will be unused by the week's end. 

It's not unreasonable to feature calendars used by a large player base that has existed for a number of months. You can put it in a spoiler to reduce bloating 

18 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

If we’re gonna provide support for non-official calendar systems, we’d have to give the same support for other non-human non-official calendar systems as well.

How many non-human calendars are there? Humans make RP posts daily where they have to look up/figure out the equivalent for whatever /date says. Do Halflings regularly have the same problem?

Updated the post to include links to calendars of other cultures/nations/groups at the bottom. I feel like they’ve formatted it more clearly and convey the actual role-play better than to include it onto this post. If I have made any incorrections with how I have worded any of the Calendar names please don’t hesitate to let me know on this thread, forum message or on discord: Jenny_Bobbs#0001 . Also feel free to do the same for adding in other Calendar’s!

I’ve already posted this in several discords, what a great reference! Thanks for this!

On 11/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I don’t think if you have an admin account on the wiki to edit it. Add me on discord and we can talk~ Jenny_Bobbs#0001

Yeah I see that now, that’s irritating. Also discord said invalid name btw. 

1 hour ago, shoahinsnowyfields said:

Yeah I see that now, that’s irritating. Also discord said invalid name btw. 

JVrwvky.jpg

Should be! If not just ping me in the main LoTC discord.

LoTC main discord: https://discord.gg/fTkusg

Updated.

If you need to contact me not on the post, feel free to do so.

Discord: E__V__O#0001