Sign in to follow this  
Draeris

THE SONS OF KARAMAN VISIT AL-FAIZ

M3M74ARyEF6TeBMQISSg66Kx6cGXyS4yYP4H3p9VUsswjQvb2ZR_HjCNchWeReq7HV6k0seAW2WRxjhJiSBmoAvj_ZoWR9qejhLFv9JFfvgSKWG6y3AYdy09pew0ytj3OeuoTJ0V

Öguz & Başıl Karamanoğlu in an audience to Ibraheem Ibn Bashar Kharadeen

THE SONS OF KARAMAN VISIT AL-FAIZ

Karamanoğlu ziyareti Al-Faiz

A band of Karamani travelled through the Korvassa deserts, seeking their first stop in their long journey through Arcas. Rumours from degenerate Suticans spoke of a settlement similar to the culture of the Karamani: deep into the fields of sand.

“Kardeş, isn’t that it?” Kübilay spoke to Başıl, pointing towards the shape of walls onto the horizon. “Evet, kardeş, that seems to be Al-Faiz”. As the horses struggled with the sandy road, the Karamani eventually neared the gate where they were greeted by Khalid Al-Nabeel, who spoke “Where do you hail from, effendi?” Öguz, the third brother, responded “Nowhere, Arkadaş, but we seek bread and water due to our long travels”

Khalid nodded at Ibraheem Ibn Bashar, who stood in proximity “Effendi, should we let these strangers in?”.  Ibraheem responded with “Aye, lead them to the Hookah lounge, let us treat them as our own.'' 

Thus, the Karamanoğlu met in the hookah lounge overviewing the vast desert stretches. The pieces of cloth blocked out the scorching son, as the carpet warmly embraced their shoeless feet. As the Hookah was rotated the conversation became lighter in nature, with the various servants serving them tea and delicacies. 

Their conversation was interrupted however, with an Orcish delegation arriving for diplomatic purposes. The Karamanoğlu retired to their temporary residences provided to them by Khalid Al-Nabeel, where they set up a lounge of their own on the roof. There, with their own Hookah and privacy, they discussed their new temporary home. 

“I do not see this.. Toiling under the sun, piling stone after stone, cloth after cloth, for an arid ground.. Where a horse cannot graze.” Kübilay spoke Would Kashgar, or even the great Timur wish for men to cower under their piles of stone and wood, instead of directly looking up at him? Would the piles of stone not make one close to the original rebel, for the very stone is extracted from the ground in which he resides?”

Bayezid intervened “They have a great hospitable nature, kardeş, do not judge these infidels so intensely.” The scorching heat meanwhile touched their cheeks as the breeze sneaked through the curtains of the roof terrace, Kübilay turning to Başil in a slightly irritated fashion “Tell me, kardesim” he’d nod to him in a questioning fashion “You are the one who rode forth to this stone yurt.  Is this clan worthy of Kashgar’s words, or are they receptive, like Timur demands?”

“Evet, kardeş.” Başil nodded back “Although I have found this stone yurt by accident. They have taken me in, bedded me and fed me as one of their own. Despite their infidel ways, they are worthy of our acceptance, for they lead a lifestyle freed from decadence, and abide by a code of honour and civility. You musn’t deny them, kardeş. Give them a chance.”

P549x83KPUSwoTa-u3BdpQkFBUaU-h0i7t6WbFKqloDVjgtEqUf4CqG9dRKLf4rnwzcf_FzNToPGf39rMFK4-CZrOrDqrkFolCyGTnrY46H_S61pt2R5BKPPpMHhnmOwDqI9FPfb

And so the brothers Bayezid, Başil, Öguz & Kübilay shared tea and smoked Hookah on their own rooftop. Ameen Al-Nabeel, the brother of the hospitable Khalid Al-Nabeel, joined soon after. Başil hoped to convince Kübilay that these people could be trusted, and would allow for the  Karamanoğlu to set up camp for the time being. Their long endeavour would temporarily come to its end in Al-Faiz, the Karamani hoped. “Ameen Al-Nabeel?” Kübilay spoke with a puzzled expression as he hummed “I am honoured by the blood of my ancestors, that we are received so hospitably by your kardeş, Khalid Al-Nabeel.”

Ameen would motion dismissively “It is our pleasure to serve, our Akhwaan”. As the sons of Karaman talked with Nabeel, the night would pass quickly. It would be their first night in Al-Faiz, but it surely wouldn’t be their last. 

Bayezid would calmly take a sip from his cup of tea “Maybe the people of Arcas arent as bad as we tought”

Kübilay nodded towards the Qalasheen man, in a seemingly piqued curiousity whole he would sip on this tea, brought forth through a ceramic pot. The words of the man seemed to go through his head in a strange manner, yet the Karamani tried to understand more fiercely, his initial scepticism being broken away by the hospitable nature of the settlers.

Ibraheem welcomed the turkin into his Sheikhdom, a warm smile on his face, as he listened to their storys

Khalid Al-Nabeel would offer a warm smile to his new brethren always ready to greet those that visit Al-Faiz