[✗] [Alchemy] Larihei's Wrath and Larihei's Fury

Sorcerio

Larihei’s Wrath and Larihei’s Fury

“Every day another impure is born, another low-life destined to bring further corruption to our pure realm. Many scholarly ‘thill have tried and failed to find a solution to end the impurities which plague the world. I myself have dabbled in such theories, but to no avail - or so I thought until recently.”

“It was a fever dream in which I was bestowed this incredible knowledge, gifting me the formula for the most pure and powerful substance known to ‘thill, a substance so pure it could cleanse impurity itself. I immediately pursued my colleagues with my findings, at which they all scoffed and laughed. A mad man, they called me, but I would not let that stop me from pursuing my goal and the goal of my father.”

“It was not until many years worth of work later that I perfected the formula, though it cost me greatly. Nonetheless, it was a simple price to pay for such a great step in Elven History. Finally, the elves possessed the power to cleanse impurity to the best of their ability. It will be a daunting task, yet we elves have ages to perform such duties…”

- From the journal of an ancient elven alchemist, rediscovered by Dimaethor Elevathar

Overview

Larihei’s Wrath and Larihei’s Fury are some of the most advanced alchemical formulas in the realm, perfected over many long years of research, trial, and error. Its true formula, however, had been lost to time, only recently rediscovered by the high elves. The substances themselves are powerful acids in which the elves use to melt and dissolve the impurities of any they deem impure. No other alchemists have been able to even come close its recreation, making it all the more valuable to the elves. While at at first there was only the pure acid used for execution, elven scientists soon were able to connect a less severe form of the acid for branding or torture, as simple death did not always satisfy their needs of cleansing. 

Effects

Both of the acids are designed to burn the skin, the former being used for torture methods and branding, while the latter is used as a chief method of branding. Both the acids are designed to eat away at flesh, slowly dissolving nearly any form of organic matter that makes contact with it. Typically it is a slow and painful process, not killing them instantly but ensuring they have a painful death should the more deadly and potent be used. 

Mechanics

Spoiler

Larihei’s Wrath 

LW is the less potent acid, able to do enough damage to brand, mark, or burn someone, though not enough to kill someone. The acid itself provides no light, heat, and is actually cold. It holds a light silver tint to it as well, though is rather thin in concentration.

Guidelines and Redlines:

• LW is administered by physical touch only. Its effects are slow, only able to burn up to the dermis of the skin (or any LotC equivalent). 
  • It feels like fire on the skin, leading one to writhe in extreme agony and pain as it is administered to their skin.
  • LW cannot burn through anything, save small amounts of a material. Thing glass layers, wood, and cloth can easily be burned through in order to get to the target skin.
  • LW holds no heat, no light, and does not light things aflame.
  • LW has a silver tint to it, though is not see-through.
  • No matter how much is used, LW cannot kill a person, only cause extreme pain and burns.

Larihei’s Fury

LW’s effects are near instantaneous upon touch, slowly eating away at any organic matter that touches it. The acid itself does not light anything aflame and has no heat. It is thin in terms of concentration and holds a silver tint to it akin to that of Larihei’s Wrath, though it does have a more noticeable silver glow as well. 

Guidelines and Redlines:

• LF is administered by physical touch only. Its effects are slow, though excruciating painful and will entirely burn through skin and bone in order to kill its target. 
  • The pain administered is equivalent to that of being burned in lava, being one of the most painful physical experiences one can experience.
  • LF can burn through non-organic materials albeit at a slower pace than organic, though this typically takes several OOC days to occur. 
  • LF has no heat nor temperature, though it does provide a faint silver glow. LF also  has a silver tint to it, though is not see-through.
  • LF is likely to kill people over the course of several emotes, typically at least 10 for the acid to finally reach their bones.

As Larihei’s Fury is a more potent acid, time must be taken to refresh it after a while or after too much organic matter has been thrown into it. If it is not refreshed periodically, the acid will turn a murkey grey and begin to dilute.

Guidelines and Redlines:

• LF only lasts four OOC months before requiring a refresh, meaning that a fresh batch of acid must be made and the old acid must be drained. Alternatively, should fifty organic bodies be thrown into the acid, it will also begin to dilute – requiring a refresh.

Preparation of Larihei’s Wrath

Larihei’s Wrath, while a less complex formula, is still a heavily guarded secret. Its abilities of corrosion are less extreme than that of Larihei’s Fury, but nonetheless are quite effective methods of torture. The time and recipe for it are much simpler, though still require time and a clean environment to perform.

Ingredients 

SpoilerIngredients
  • Distilled Water x1
  • Descendant Blood x1
  • Fire (Corrosion) x2
  • Fire (Burning) x2
  • Water (Fluidity) x1

[!] Distilled Water - the amount of this correlates to however much acid the creator intends to make. Typically one block of water equals one block of acid.

[!] High Elven Blood - Refers to one pint of blood of any form of the original four descendant races/subraces.

Process

Spoiler

This process must be performed in a room temperature environment. While not as sensitive as Larihei’s Fury, one should still take caution not to contiminate it.

1. Take the blood and mix it in with the distilled water using any clean bowl and stirring tool. Mix until uniform throughout.
  2. Mix in the Corrosion symbols with the base. This should turn it a vivid light green at the puff of green smoke. Let this sit for thirty OOC minutes.
    1. This step must be done in a thick container, lest the acid bleed through before it is even ready.
  3. Add the Burning symbols to the connection, mixing it in very slowly. This will turn the ‘acid’ into a thick orange gelatinous substance. Let this also sit for another thirty OOC minutes.
  4. Take some clean water and mix it in with the Fluidity symbol. Pour it onto the gelatinous substance. As this is done, the fellow will slowly melt away into a faint silver liquid.

[!] Applying this formula without being taught in roleplay is explicit meta-gaming. 

Creation Mechanics

Spoiler

The amount of emotes required for each step typically ranging from 2-4, though the time in between is much longer. This obviously prevents it from being made in combat and by no means makes it a quick concoction for any hasty alchemist.

[!] For every six blocks of acid, one pint of descendant blood must be used, along with all the necessary symbols. For example, should one choose to make a twelve block pit of Larihei’s Wrath, they would require twice as much blood and twice as many symbols as a regular six blocks.

Distribution Mechanics

Spoiler

LW will always take the form of a thin, light silver liquid if made correctly. It’s only able to be administered by physical contact, slowly consuming anything organic it touches. It cannot corrode non-organic substances so long as it is not a thin layer (i.e. cloth, glass). 

It should also be noted, that once the acid is made, it cannot be moved due to the fact that it can only exist in large quantities with plenty of space. Should one try to remove a small portion of it, the acid will simply evaporate.

Redlines and Guidelines:

• LW cannot be moved or carried beyond its original creation point, despite not being able to burn through other substances as quickly as LF.
  • LW can only be sustained in a large room in a large quantity, meaning that if any small portion of it is taken away, the removed portion will evaporate into thin air.

Preparation of Larihei’s Fury

While Larihei’s Wrath is a relatively quick process in comparison to other alchemical acids, Larihei’s Wrath is truly a test of patience when it comes to its creation. Often times the acid will fail in its creation if the environment is disrupted in even the slightest way. The process and ingredients for such a substance are listed below. 

Ingredients

SpoilerIngredients
  • Distilled Water x1
  • High Elven Blood x1
  • Fire (Consumption) x3
  • Fire (Corrosion) x3
  • Fire (Burning) x3
  • Water (Fluidity) x2
  • Air (Grace) x1

[!] Distilled Water - the amount of this correlates to however much acid the creator intends to make. Typically one block of water equals one block of acid.

[!] High Elven Blood - Refers to one pint of blood of a pure and unblemished high elven male. Even the slightest imperfect in the specimen will cause the acid to become faulty. 

Process

Spoiler

This process must be performed in a room temperature environment. Should any other substance make contact with the solution before it is completed, it will be ruined.

1. Take the High Elven blood and mix it with the Grace symbol in a pure aurum bowl using a pure aurum mixing tool. This should turn the blood a vibrant gold color - yielding Graced Elven Blood. 
  2. Pour the Graced Elven Blood into the water. The blood will spread throughout the liquid until it becomes a clear gold. This forms the base. The base must sit for twenty-four OOC hours before the next step can be performed.
  3. Take the Consumption symbols and pour it into the base. This will turn the liquid a pure violet color. The substance must now sit for another twenty-four OOC hours before the next step can be performed.
  4. Next, mix in the Corrosion symbols with the former substance. This should turn it into a rose gold color. The substance must now sit forty-eight OOC hours before the next step can be performed.
  5. Once the previous step has been completed, add in the Burning symbols. This will make the liquid turn gelatinous over the next few days. The jello acid must now sit for yet another twenty-four OOC hours before the final step is able to be performed.
  6. Finally, mix in the fluidity symbols with another aurum bowl of distilled water. As soon as it touches the gelatinous acid, it will explode into a poof of silver smoke - turning the jello into a pure silver, bubbling liquid.

[!] Knowing this formula without being taught in roleplay is explicit meta-gaming. 

Creation Mechanics

Spoiler

The amount of emotes required for each step typically ranging from 4-6, though the time in between is much longer. This obviously prevents it from being made in combat and by no means makes it a quick concoction for any hasty alchemist.

[!] For every twenty-four blocks of acid, one pint of elven blood must be used, along with all the necessary symbols. For example, should one choose to make a forty-eight block pit, they would require twice as much blood and twice as many symbols as a regular twenty-four blocks.

Distribution Mechanics

Spoiler

LF will always take the form of a thin, light silver liquid if made correctly. It’s only able to be administered by physical contact, consuming anything it touches. It can corrode near any material over time, save aurum which it strangely cannot burn through. This is the only way to hold it without it burning through the container. Signs of corrosion in most non-organic substances, however, will not usually take place for several OOC days depending on the material.

It should also be noted, that once the acid is made, it cannot be moved due to the fact that it can only exist in large quantities with plenty of space. Should one try to remove a small portion of it, the acid will simply evaporate.

Redlines and Guidelines:

• LF cannot be moved or carried beyond its original creation point, even then only able to be held by pure aurum. Any other substance attempting to hold it will be slowly burned through
  • LF can only be sustained in a large room in a large quantity, meaning that if any small portion of it is taken away, the removed portion will evaporate into thin air.

OOC Explanation

Haelun’or’s use of acid is one of the most unique roleplay circumstances out there, creating a unique experience for that culture. Acid itself has played a part in their culture for many maps now, embodying their pursuit of purity in all living things. Due to such, it would be shameful for such a necessary substance be rendered null due to the fact that it did not have lore - hence why I wrote my own. Also, Haelun’or will always use acid anyway. Might as well have substantial lore for it.

Spoiler

Credit for this Lore

Pundimonium - Author

Ankan - Consultation

2 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

LW is administered by physical touch only. It can easily burn through thin layers of metal (1’) and cloth, in order to reach

Is this meant to refer to one inch or one foot of metal?

I also understand the purpose of LW in how it relates to Haelun’orian culture, but reasonably it would eat through different substances at different rates, correct?

Just now, Aethling said:

Is this meant to refer to one inch or one foot of metal?

I also understand the purpose of LW in how it relates to Haelun’orian culture, but reasonably it would eat through different substances at different rates, correct?

For the first statement, I corrected it. It’s supposed to be one inch. For the second statement, yes, it will eat through different substances at different races, only unable to consume aurum. Obviously it wouldn’t be as quickly as any organic matter we throw in there, likely taking several OOC days for any real change to be noticed.

How does high elven blood differ from other races?

3 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

It's pure

3 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

It’s made of hatred. 

38 minutes ago, Ankan said:

What does acid bring to roleplay? It is the High Elven traditional way of executing someone. It has historical value through Kalenz and Vydra, and culturally makes much more sense than a bloody killing in the square. As I argued to Flamboyant the other day, it is not INSTA-KILL. Acid is the end-station, after trial or arrest, where there is no more resistance to be had. I don't see you out there whining about human gallows. Why not? They work just the same, just aren't High Elven.

We don't execute lightly in Haelun'or. Our contribution to the story of the server is huge and important, and we recognise that. What would be an execution in all other nations is reeducation or branding in Haelun'or.

I agree, excluding the need for the blood to be high elven specifically

While I get it's been around for a long time, that still doesn't really mean much regarding the lore games unfortunately. I'm going to have to agree with some of Amayo's points on it. The acid itself and how it works I really just don't see it passing given the near instantaneous effects it has and how it pretty much is used.  It's not really so much a personal hit at the high elves here, I just flat wouldn't agree with any group having this kinda thing. Then I do have a question regarding why high elf blood differs from the rest and most notably, would this even be able to be crafted and used outside of the high elves? I ask this part because there's a specific lore rule that you can't race lock anything. 

20 minutes ago, NightcastorKitty said:

Then I do have a question regarding why high elf blood differs from the rest and most notably,

I asked ST and majority on said high elf blood doesn't differ from other elves or have special properties.

1 hour ago, Ankan said:

anger

you literally called me a genderbending erper with a protagonist syndrome on a public discord with zero prior conversation between us. i do not remember having spoken to oocly in any sort of context beforehand. if that’s how the LEADER of a nation behaves on a fully neutral, lotc-related discord server, i somehow find it hard to believe that the nation’s discord isn’t full of toxicity.

1 hour ago, Amayonnaise said:

The only thing acid provides rp-wise is a chance for the Haelun’or community to sit in Discord and cackle amongst themselves over killing other players. It provides no character development for other players, considering all it’s been used for in the past is dunking people the High Elf community doesn’t like into pits to instantly kill them.

anyways, that was just to support this claim. don’t make lore that creates an unenjoyable and frankly gruesome experience for the people you’re gonna use it against, especially if you’re gonna **** on them in your private chats afterwards.

either way, whether or not you care about all of that, at least write some proper redlines for this. make it so the acid is explicitly a means of execution, that can’t be put in a vial and splashed at people’s face for a two emote instakill. 

2 minutes ago, Ducklingator said:

you literally called me a genderbending erper with a protagonist syndrome on a public discord with zero prior conversation between us. i do not remember having spoken to oocly in any sort of context beforehand. if that’s how the LEADER of a nation behaves on a fully neutral, lotc-related discord server, i somehow find it hard to believe that the nation’s discord isn’t full of toxicity.

anyways, that was just to support this claim. don’t make lore that creates an unenjoyable and frankly gruesome experience for the people you’re gonna use it against, especially if you’re gonna **** on them in your private chats afterwards.

either way, whether or not you care about all of that, at least write some proper redlines for this. make it so the acid is explicitly a means of execution, that can’t be put in a vial and splashed at people’s face for a two emote instakill. 

Completely besides the point of the post, but you were shitting on Zythus for no reason, obviously I'll protect a good friend of mine from your entitled harassment.

Did you even read the lore submission or just post to troll? That is already how it works. You can't bottle it, or even transport it for that sake. Please take another gander at the post.

16 minutes ago, Ankan said:

Completely besides the point of the post, but you were shitting on Zythus for no reason, obviously I'll protect a good friend of mine from your entitled harassment.

Did you even read the lore submission or just post to troll? That is already how it works. You can't bottle it, or even transport it for that sake. Please take another gander at the post.

well, if you want context, someone pinged me in a chat, i asked who, and he started insulting me- but hey, that’s beside the point.

I’m not here to troll; having had unpleasant experiences with a few members of the community, and seeing multiple cases of shittalking and bad, half-heartedly racist jokes, I don’t believe the high elves should be able to make this combination tortue/execution device for the sole purpose of satisfying this weird Purity Aesthetictm. It encourages and amplifies a very ugly part of your playerbase which you as its leader should suppress, not encourage.

What is the ugly part of the high-elven player base?

Edit:

I’ve joined Haelun’or about 2-3 weeks ago, I’ve haven’t experienced any toxic players within the player base. Sure there is debates here and there but we are all civilized and mature people. Idk as a player coming back all I’ve seen is just bad-talking about the High-Elven community from people outside who I don’t even see in the Haelun’or Discord. Maybe things happened in the past but as of now I really enjoy playing as a high-elf and enjoy the player base of Haelun’or. This is pretty off-topic, but regardless, I would like to know what the “very ugly” part of our player base is.

Edited by IIJENSENII

9 minutes ago, Ducklingator said:

I’m not here to troll; having had unpleasant experiences with a few members of the community, and seeing multiple cases of shittalking and bad, half-heartedly racist jokes, I don’t believe the high elves should be able to make this combination tortue/execution device for the sole purpose of satisfying this weird Purity Aesthetictm. It encourages and amplifies a very ugly part of your playerbase which you as its leader should suppress, not encourage.

Ah, the classic execution blacklist. Good suggestion. Next.

https://discord.gg/ky2a5v <- come see for yourself