[✗] [Alchemy] Larihei's Wrath and Larihei's Fury

Sorcerio

I'm fairly new to the High elf discord, and even during my time in it never once have I seen them laugh or make fun or **** post the people who were killed in the lava pool after their purity trials. The only thing I do see are pings about people getting online for the roleplay. 

As Ankan said, acid has been a major player in the High Elven history as well as the whole culture after it was discovered. 

I’ve been playing solely in Haelun’or for what a year and a half now and not a single time has it been used outside of its original purpose. To rid the realms of the impure. 

I personally find it stupid for there to be even a need for specific lore. For it simply is and it always will. Lore gives it the possibility for non-high elves to make it, and it has always been exclusive to Haelun’or. 

It literally is the same as any other execution method, but as Ankan said, it is just High Elven. 

2 hours ago, Amayonnaise said:

Making lore for something that’s only going to be used to insta-kill characters, without adding any additional features, is kind of lame. Rp is about extending the story and providing enjoyable rp that can help other people develop their characters’ perspectives and progression. Even if that ‘enjoyable rp’ is torturing someone half to death, their character still gains a new perspective of their torturers and new features to add to their mc skin – burns etc.

May I ask how a regular beheading, for example, provides “enjoyable” roleplay and character development for the victim? None. 

But it does provide enjoyable roleplay and character development for every single one who is taking a part in witnessing the whole execution. 

The same thing goes for acid.

“Pitting” as we call it, has always been an event and does not happen that often.  But when it does, more or less the whole player base of Haelun’or is witnessing the trial and the pitting that follows it. Just as a regular, non-high elven execution. 

Beheading or mostly any other execution method is simply vulgar, it lacks any High Elven properties and that is why acid is used. It’s clean and does not require any physical aggression from a High Elf towards an impure.

The whole point of this thread is an attempt to create a logical foundation behind Haelun’or’s preferred method of execution, as high elves in their nature are against open violence and bloodshed and above slaughtering people in the streets, hanging them at the gallows, etcetera. Whether or not it is in fact acid or lava,  or whatever it will most likely continue to be how people are killed simply because it is so deeply engraved into the player-developed lore of Haelun’or. This is, rather than an attempt to obtain some overpowered liquid of wanders, simply putting a base behind an already existing concept, which will in turn create far more interesting RP, by that not referring to the executions, but to the fact that people will have to maintain the acid pools and get proper RP out of it; refilling them, creating the acid, etcetera.

Personally I would not see it as race-locked and would disagree with other races being unable to get their hands on the formula for whatever reason, for as long as it does not get used in combat or is abused for purposes other than the ones intended : being a stationary pool. Nor is it absolutely necessary for the blood to be high elven, that merely bringing a slight bit of spice to it’s creation, possibly having to be made covertly. If I was to make an argument for the usage of high elven blood it’d probably be special in this regard due to the golden pools, a high elf’s affinity for magic or their enhanced immune system, but should none of those points be valid, then I don’t think having blood in the recipe is that crucial.

As for the ‘insta-kill’ part of the argument against the lore, I do not quite follow : How is it insta-kill any more than, as Ankan said, gallows, throwing the victim off a cliff or heck, even beheading them? It’s not like as soon as you enter Haelun’or we decide to acid pit you and you are dead. It’s a whole process, out of which the acid pool execution is merely the high elven counter-part of literally any other method used – you are arrested and can pose resistance, which has a chance of succeeding, – you are trialed and are given plenty of chances to escape, you are once more dragged to another area in the city, out of which you can struggle or attempt to run and finally you are put infront of the acid, where you can fight with whoever is holding you and push them into the acid instead or have a countless number of possibilities to free yourself, only once your body has been dunked into the liquid being actually dead, by then having a far from “100% chance of dying”.   

I am fairly new to the High Elven community but have attended my fair share of about 10-15 trials, out of which most have not ended in the acid pits, withholding the high elven standard of offering mercy when it is sought. I must say that in most of cases, no one was even in VC to begin with, as, to my dismay, when there’s important RP most of us prefer concentrating on it and not being in a call, but if there was someone in a VC, no one “made fun” or “cackles hysterically” as a character was executed or in most cases did not even discuss the ongoing event, upon it’s end simply going on with their day without it having that much of a sadistic-born impact as you have made it sound.

i dont really see the need for this, as it only promotes death rp which i’m pretty sure is what we’re trying to avoid

1 hour ago, Ankan said:

Zythus

that guy is a moron

i was asked to pop in to leave an opinion on this lore but i stopped at alchemical acid, everybody seems to ignore the obvious issue of making a craftable acid in a game where we've constantly had issues with people abusing mechanics to a stupid degree, alchemy was originally removed because it had so many of these stupid abuseable potions and i really don't think we should be adding them back in any form

i really don't want to hear anything about "keeping track" cause that **** has never worked and neither will yours

please for the love of god come up with something better and more creative then acid, copying high elf culture is no excuse to create bland mediocre lore

@dunstan

9 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

I did not slander you once, I haven’t said anything about you in quite some time. I’ve stated to a few people that I do not like you, but I am very much allowed to have my own opinion of people. All I stated was that this acid lore lacks any real purpose other than allowing the Haelun’or community to insta-kill whoever they like, to their own satisfaction. The fact that you immediately assumed I was even talking about you, which I did not – as I referenced the entire high elf community – is incredibly egotistical and ridiculous.

I’ve literally listened to you slander Ankan and the entire High Elven playerbase, when the high elven community is THE most accepting playerbase on the server. We wouldn’t be so successful if we weren’t. 

50 minutes ago, IIJENSENII said:

What is the ugly part of the high-elven player base?

Edit:

I’ve joined Haelun’or about 2-3 weeks ago, I’ve haven’t experienced any toxic players within the player base. Sure there is debates here and there but we are all civilized and mature people. Idk as a player coming back all I’ve seen is just bad-talking about the High-Elven community from people outside who I don’t even see in the Haelun’or Discord. Maybe things happened in the past but as of now I really enjoy playing as a high-elf and enjoy the player base of Haelun’or. This is pretty off-topic, but regardless, I would like to know what the “very ugly” part of our player base is.

I appreciate you sticking up for us. 

High Elves base much of their RP on tradition. This is one of those things that will continue to be used regardless of the status of this lore because RP doesn’t belong to the ST. It belongs to the playerbase who have spent years cultivating and engaging in it. 

That being said; In my opinion the ways of old regarding the acid pits discovery & containment should be respected. It was developed in a giant lab, the lead scientist lost his hands to it, and one crucial part that I remember is that it needed ventilation & constant circulation otherwise its integrity crumbles. 

For the blood part: I always figured high elven blood might have a magegold infusion since that is what the pools worked around (along with some ancient ritual). There is no doubt that high elves at one point completely altered their racial appearances. Whatever lingering traits that are passed down somehow empower this acid for this lore. I can get behind that since acid is apart of the high elven aesthetic. It wouldn’t make sense for other races to copycat.  Especially because at this point anyone wanting to use it would be bandwagoning and that is exactly what everyone is trying to avoid. 

This has turned into a **** show..

I agree with some points that people have made, but I won’t say anything about it.

All I’m going to mention is that instant-killing someone is never fun. If you’ve just spent hours rping with someone just to end out with loosing it all, that’s just bull****. I’ve never been “pitted” but I have been killed by the gallows and all that jazz. If it really is the same thing, then I hate it all. Never have I had fun rp with that at my ending. RP should try to be fun for both sides, though I know it’s not that not generally possible. Mercing someone without them being able to resist is just awful for people involved. There are some exceptions, but that’s the general case for me.

Oh my god, you’re all acting like ******* children. I can’t believe we’ve gotten to the point where we’re on a second page of ******* arguing. This isn’t a debate. Make your points and let me fix it. Stop arguing with others because ‘oooh toxic tey hurt me feelings’. Grow up please. I’m trying to do what I can to satisfy the community and literally none of you are helping. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

EDIT: Unless your comment actually contributes to the lore, it will be deleted once I am done.

2 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Amazing TED talk my boi

And a totality agreeable one indeed. This is supposed to be lore, not a place to go at people’s throats

16 minutes ago, MeteorDragon said:

This has turned into a **** show..

I agree with some points that people have made, but I won’t say anything about it.

All I’m going to mention is that instant-killing someone is never fun. If you’ve just spent hours rping with someone just to end out with loosing it all, that’s just bull****. I’ve never been “pitted” but I have been killed by the gallows and all that jazz. If it really is the same thing, then I hate it all. Never have I had fun rp with that at my ending. RP should try to be fun for both sides, though I know it’s not that not generally possible. Mercing someone without them being able to resist is just awful for people involved. There are some exceptions, but that’s the general case for me.

Character deaths should be respected more. I agree that insta-kills are lame and counterintuitive to the goal of roleplay but that has more to do with how we treat roleplay after-death. The general lack of any consequence makes death a non-factor for a lot of players. I see high elves, among other races/factions, trying to stick to ideas to improve that aspect. 

I will say acid pits have been used incorrectly by the helves in the past but mistakes are always going to be made and people are always going to be mad at each other. What should be taken into consideration is that the current playerbase of high elves is demonstrating an a desire to be open & honest in how they go about execution RP. That is more respect than you’d receive from a large portion of this server. So long as it is kept singular in design and non-portable nothing will be affected in-game.

36 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

Honestly, I don’t think acid even needs lore. 

LT yelled at us that we do

i'm not going to bother with the long talk

as an unbiased player who has both a presence in the discords of 90% of relevant nations that have existed before atlas or arcas, this type of talk is unnecessary and both sides have prattled on about things that are entirely irrelevant to this acid law (which I have my own qualms about)

here I come with a solution to fix both your problems: real-life accurate acid lore, for different types of acid, how they are naturally produced in nature and how primitive chemistry (ALCHEMY, bear in mind) can help form some of them without pulling a pool of acid out of no where and having no chemical degradation over time, no world accurate effects for the corrosive abilities, or any chemical specifications for how it both affects it's environment and how it's environment affects it's efficacy, et cetera.

essentially, this will result in no questions being needed to ask any longer pertaining to the effects of certain acids. i can't think of any huge flaws off of the top of my head - and for those of you who think that Haelunor's acid is no longer simply a method of execution but a universal political statement to their enemies, let this solution perhaps be the thing that stops acid from being a political statement, and instead a tool of science. 

Acid should not even have LoTC unique effects. I think that Amayo meant this, when she stated that Acid shouldn't have lore anyway. Whatever its effects are must come with the respective flaws, too. Let's just get back to Science - there is no need for convoluted acid lore, nor unnecessary arguments where OOC perspective and IC perspective are one thing. This is a server where we each play a role in some massively complicated story spanning close to a decade. 

@Alpheus Take this criticism how you will. Do what you want with this, but you know my opinion, now. 

Next they’ll be inventing gas chambers

+1 nonetheless its time you start getting your acid lore approved instead of just uh

having it