Move the Dragur Library away from CT and please don't put it there next map

Unwillingly

On 11/28/2019 at 1:56 AM, Unwillingly said:

hi im writing this because im bored and it’s a discussion that’s been flying around here and there

and ‘cause I have no life

here are some points

1. Dragur Library apparently isn’t a staff ran project, as even LotsOfMuffins admitted she had no idea what goes on inside the Library. This means its a player ran project. Does that mean anyone can get their own protected library at the Cloud Temple? 
    Spoiler

2. There’s an entire section of the Library that’s locked away. Why? What’s the point of having **** at the library if its restricted to average players like that? 
  3. Its tucked away at the CT and doesn’t exactly encourage new players to get out and explore the land. 
  4. It prevents any villainy RP such as artifact stealing because of this special CT protection

add some more I might’ve missed. idk. its almost 1am. happy thanksgiving btw 

1. it is a staff project. asking a recently appointed admin of the team that doesnt run dragur proves nothing.

2. luka locked away the magic section because a subset of void mage rp'ers were complaining for weeks that people were self teaching with dragur and learning what magic can do, which are impossible and not a bad thing, respectively. im keeping it locked until post lore games for administrative reasons.

3. i dont even understand this complaint, tbh. new players come into the library, read some stuff, then explicitly leave to find what they read about. with the sole exception of me, noone goes there and spends their whole life there.

4. we havnt had artifacts up in at least two libraries.

so, why is it in ct? because the library was supposed to be a lot different then it is now. it was meant to be a resource for new players with full ct involvement, tarre is still in the discord where everything was planned. but sheer apathy and negligence from her, luka, and every other staff member involved really locked us into decay. we couldnt get new sections for the hundreds of books not on display, luka instead added player rooms which he then gave to his dark mage buddies. and so the library became a dark mage hidey hole for a while. couldnt add any new books, because we couldnt add shelves. the ct plans fell through, event plans fell through, everything the actual active librarians tried to do was hard veto'd or outright ignored. luka refused to step down, and we were stuck like that for ages. when he stepped down from admin snd hard left, i was able to take control. im now working with various staff, to try and actually turn dragur into what it was meant to be: a place to preserve server and player history, help dudes out (especially new players), and remain a neutral, non-clique alligned entity.

and, whats in the /forbidden/ section..? an administrative area. sorry to break the illusion, but we keep all book donations, and the books not up to par have to go somewhere.forbidden is just bad books, and books about **** i dont think you should be able to learn at a library. hidden lore ****.

ps. ive already abolished player rooms  having an unraidable ct vault to hoard away mart items and hold bm rituals was a definate actual problem, and something i was complaining about for ages. i also did a full sweep of inactive librarians. in closing  were hiring, and if you actually care about dragur enough to want to change it and see it do well, hit me up. ill accept literally anyone who passes the interview.

pps. i typed all this out on my phone and am currently out of town so hit me up over the weekend when im back home, ideally.

Edited by LoTC's Next Top Model

On 11/28/2019 at 6:40 AM, Amayonnaise said:

@Zarsies It never had staff assistance afaik. All of the books etc this map were put on the shelves and done up by Alex612. I don’t think Luka even did anything with the library for the entire time he had it, including being CT and Admin. When he backed down or got kicked or whatever, Dragur was given to Alex properly.

Imo, if there’s going to be a CT protected Library, stop ******* sealing books away. There’s no reason for magic to be sealed away in a restricted section, players can access the exact same knowledge in other nations’ libraries anyways. You’re not preventing anything, and it’s a pain in the ass.

The last decent Dragur Library I can recall was Vailor, pretty sure. The massive one with shelves everywhere and books on every block. That Dragur was fantastic, nothing was sealed away, everything was out in the open, and if I am remembering correctly, it wasn’t under CT protection.

reading hundreds of books makes you go CRAZY. rhuyne did a lot of it, too.

yeah i said the same ****. 

there were always forbidden sections, and theyve been getting SMALLER each iteration. ct protection is new and a dide effect of massive sweeping changes that werr planned and never done. see my other post for more on that.

a new player resource shouldnt be in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere, far from ct. we tried that last map. we tried EXACTLY what people suggested last map. what it ended up being was a place people would come to pick off new players for easy dark mage endgame progress, that most new players couldnt even find. farthermore, with all do respect, very few ct members actually help new players. i end up finding and teaching more new players than i see ct do, since im always at spasn regardless. so the "should dragur be in ct" arguement has a lot more problems in it than most people realize. its functionally an entirely different institution with the same name, and serves a purpose nothing else does. it just so happens to /also/ be a library, and also be /massively/ understaffed.

24 minutes ago, Amayonnaise said:

All of the resources on magic have never been completely sealed off until this map, unless I just didn’t venture into Dragur enough previously. From what I recall, all voidal/druid magics were available for everyone to peruse. I can fully understand locking away dark magics + creature resources, but the current Dragur Library has information on dark creatures fully available for anyone to read, and voidal magics locked away?

as far as i know, we have no dark crestures on display. once again, luka closed off the magic section because of a small subset of the void community getting extremely vocal about it.

11 hours ago, LoTC's Next Top Model said:

because of a small subset of the void community getting extremely vocal about it.

I chuckled.