[✓] [Alchemy] Mending Tonic

Sorcerio

Mending Tonic

“I often find it surprising how easily people acquire their wounds. I don’t think I myself have gone longer than a week without finding someone who’s broken an arm or lost a leg. Sometimes it can be amusing, though other times quite gruesome. Fortunately for them, I’m a great problem solver when it comes to simple fixes.”

“This has lead me to develop my next concoction. This lovely brew is the perfect thing for resetting fractured and broken bones quickly, albeit  a bit more painfully. I call it Mending Tonic and I have little doubt it will do wonders for the more -- chaotic members of my village.”

- From the notes of Jessira Duilaine

Overview 

Mending Tonic is a simpler potion of medical alchemy, designed to reset fractured and broken bones at a much faster and more unnatural rate. It is a useful brew for any medic or alchemist to hold on their person.

Effects

Once one consumes Mending Tonic, any broken bones in the body will begin to mend at a much faster pace than any typical descendant. However, in exchange for such a fast recovery, one must undergo an excruciating amount of pain in the mending area. This process, despite being faster, is not instantaneous, requiring time for the bones to reset and mend.

Effect Mechanics

Spoiler

As soon as MT is consumed, any broken or fractured bones within the consumers body will begin to mend themselves at a much quicker pace. This process is not instantaneous, taking place over the course of a few OOC hours. The process is also quite painful. 

Minor Fractures - Consists minor fractures and breaks such as fingers, toes, and other ligaments. Can typically take anywhere from one OOC hours to two.

Major Fractures - Consists major fractures and breaks such as arms, legs, and ribs. Typically takes twelve OOC hours to completely mend these bones. 

Extreme Fractures - Consists of extreme bone fractures and breaks, such as spines. This typically takes forty-eight OOC hours, assuming they’re even savable.

Redlines and Guidelines:

• MT only mends bones, nothing else. Extreme Fractures are only possible to heal if the person could live with such an injury otherwise.
  • The healing of bones must adhere to the times listed above. These fixes are not quick, meaning one cannot simply heal themselves in the middle of combat and be ready for battle again.
  • During most of the healing process, the consumer will feel extremely achy pains. Even if one should provide some form of pain reliever, the pain will still be quite prevalent.
  • MT does not make bones stronger, only mends them to their original state.
  • While the bones are mending, one cannot move should their mending limb provide movement for them. For example, if one is repairing their spine, they cannot move at all until it is completed. 
  • All mended bones will require at least an additional one days of non-strained activities, les they break again. Non-strained refers to any harsh physical labor/force and combat. Casts are recommended in this stage.

Preparation

Like any alchemical concoction, Mending Tonic requires a certain method of creation and the necessary ingredients in order to be made into what it is. The process is often a lengthy one, requiring one to obtain the necessary materials and then create the concoction itself. The process and materials for such are listed below.

Ingredients

Spoiler
  • Distilled Water x1
  • Goat’s Milk x1
  • Air (Swiftness) x2
  • Earth (Resilience) x2
  • Earth (Connection) x1
  • Crushed Bone Marrow x1

[!] Goat’s Milk - refers to a single cup of pure goat’s milk. Any other milk type will not suffice.

[!] Crushed Bone Marrow – refers to a small handful of crushed bone marrow. Can come from any animal or descendant.

Process

Spoiler
  1. Take the Vigor symbols and mix them into the distilled water. This should turn the water a faint brown color.
  2. Once the water is uniform throughout, add in the two Speed symbols to the water. Let this sit for five OOC minutes.
    1. Make sure you are completely ready to do all of your next steps within a shortened time frame, as it is necessary that from this point on all of the following steps be done with great haste.
  3. Quickly mx the Structure symbols into the goat’s milk and let it boil. As it boils, it should slowly acquire a rust-like tint to the brown color. You will know it is done when it becomes a fully rusted color.
  4. After the previous step is completely , simply add the Solidarity symbol. This will cause it to harden like a rock within the next few seconds.
  5. Once it is completely hardened, your water solution should be ready by now. Simply pour it onto the hardened goats milk, which will begin to dissolve into a white, bubbly solution. It is now ready for use.

Creation Mechanics

Spoiler

Typically each step will require 1-2 emotes. One of the steps passively takes five OOC minutes, though this does not usually hinger one’s creation of the brew in a quick scenario. Creating MT in the middle of combat is possible, though there is little point in doing such.

One batch of these materials can make about three bottles worth of MT.

Distribution Mechanics

Spoiler

MT will always be distributed in the form of a drinkable white liquid, almost like milk. It cannot be administered in any other form. If taken in excess or if a broken bone is in the body, there will be no effects. 

Redlines and Guidelines:

• MT can only be distributed in the form of a drinkable liquid.
  • MT grants no additional effects if taken in excess or if there aren’t any broken bones.

OOC Explanation

I really just want to make more alchemical lore and I believe that some medical alchemical lore seemed like a good addition. It’s a simple alchemical piece which could provide good medical roleplay as well. Also I got bored.

Spoiler

Credit for this Lore

Pundimonium - Author

I like it.

Given bones take anywhere form about five to eight weeks to heal anyway, this tonic only realistically shaves off a few ooc hours, so I think it’s fairly balanced in that regard. As someone who is often involved in medical RP, I welcome more medicines and such to combat ailments of all kinds.

Just now, punished_calabreeni said:

can it mend a broken e-heart?

18 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

Redlines and Guidelines:

• MT only mends bones, nothing else.

Sorry bro

I just hope people don’t confuse it for a potion of mending like in Atlas, I really like the thought though! Good on you.

Just now, jdesarno said:

I just hope people don’t confuse it for a potion of mending like in Atlas, I really like the thought though! Good on you.

In all sincerity, I forgot what that potion did.

please I beg u... go through alch posts

Spoiler

Excited to use this in medic rp if it gets accepted!

Thank you for submitting your piece! Your piece is now under review and a reply will be given once a verdict has been reached.

This lore is pending, you will be sent a forum PM in the next 24 hours with a list of issues that need to be fixed.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.