Simple Request

monkeypoacher

Hey there. I hope everyone’s doing good tonight! I have a simple request for one member of the community in particular:

QOU1qI3.png

Sometime this last week, you broke into my character’s house with the /smash command and stole a bunch of ****, including some rp items from an unlocked chest. Normally I have zero problem with people taking my pixels, but these happened to include some books friend @Phersephatta spent 3 hours of her time writing, for her recently PK’d character to give closure to her partner and their children. 

You have them, and I never got to read any of them. They’re super important to me and Pherse, and I’d love it if you could just give them back. In return, I will unlock all the chests in my much larger, more well-stocked player home and let you go to town. There’s like a half a stack of iron blocks, some renamed weapons, pvp food, and building materials that are yours for the taking. If this sounds nice to you, hit me up @ or with a forum PM. No hard feelings, I’d just like to get our RP books back. 

If this person is not you, then thanks for reading – and I’d appreciate it if you shared this to relevant LoTC discords. It’d be a huge help! But uhh anyways good night.

-/ MonkeyPoacher

Fortnite dances on my dead first lotc characters grave with the dude who took the books

not to be like “ur fault” on you, but how come you didn’t copy paste stuff to a document off the server as a back up?

Maybe the thief could give you copies of the book. Making copies of books is really inexpensive ever since the CT price of ink sacs was lowered to 1 mina.

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

not to be like “ur fault” on you, but how come you didn’t copy paste stuff to a document off the server as a back up?

I think in my mind it was hard for me to to comprehend the idea that a bandit might break into the house and be like “Oh.. A book... Huh this seems like a letter from a mother to her son.. Im takin it.” so i figured it wasn’t that important while I was away for holiday. 

Edited by Phersephatta

3 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Maybe the thief could give you copies of the book. Making copies of books is really inexpensive ever since the CT price of ink sacs was lowered to 1 mina.

whatever boats his or her float

If I recall how it works correctly, a GM should be able to use hawkeye to let you know who opened the chest so that you can ask directly. I don’t see any harm in it personally.